IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

At Premier League prices, all he has to do is kick a ball straight at that price.

On a serious note. I do remember this guys name getting mentioned a few times last season in what was a disaster for Villa. Although I obviously didn't pay too much attention to him.

Like SteveO, I'm feeling real trust in the Koeman Walsh set up and think we are getting a bargain here.

Not bothered what Villa fans think. They make us lot look happy and content.

Di Matteo has confirmed we've met the release clause but he also goes onto say other clubs could bid more. This is nowhere near done yet.

What Di Matteo has actually said is that other clubs are interested but only Everton have made an official bid.

Where did you hear that? Sky Sports reporting a quote from Di Matteo "There are other clubs interested, that's right, but the only official bid so far has been from Everton".

That page was updated at 4.31, just over an hour ago.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10498960/marseille-open-talks-with-aston-villas-idrissa-gueye-over-16371m-transfer

i posted earlier in the thread as well that they met the clause. they probably offered him terms and he's weighing his offers

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10498960/marseille-open-talks-with-aston-villas-idrissa-gueye-over-16371m-transfer

i posted earlier in the thread as well that they met the clause. they probably offered him terms and he's weighing his offers

That's 3 weeks old!

Di Matteo has said TODAY no other club have made an official offer.

and today they havne't, but sky reported marseille already hit the clause, so either Sky lied or Di matteo is pulling on over on the media.

What?!

Di Matteo has said in an interview today, and he is quoted by SSN, that Everton are the ONLY club to make an offer. Others are interested but no one else has made an offer.

He's quoted saying those actual words. No quotes from anyone in that 3 week old link.

Which one are you going to believe?

What?!

Di Matteo has said in an interview today, and he is quoted by SSN, that Everton are the ONLY club to make an offer. Others are interested but no one else has made an offer.

He's quoted saying those actual words. No quotes from anyone in that 3 week old link.

Which one are you going to believe?

no idea. could be he's trying to get marseille to be in a bidding war so he calls their bid "not an offer", could be Sky making stuff up. the real question is who is working for sky that didn't realize they'd already reported that marselle met the release clause

no idea. could be he's trying to get marseille to be in a bidding war so he calls their bid "not an offer", could be Sky making stuff up. the real question is who is working for sky that didn't realize they'd already reported that marselle met the release clause

You can't be in a bidding war if the release clause is met. All offers over the release clause have to be accepted. In fact, no one will offer more than the release fee...because you don't need to! There's no reason at all for Di Matteo to be trying to play the media. He says the deal is almost done.

You can't be in a bidding war if the release clause is met. All offers over the release clause have to be accepted. In fact, no one will offer more than the release fee...because you don't need to! There's no reason at all for Di Matteo to be trying to play the media. He says the deal is almost done.

no idea here's another one saying they triggered his clause.

so how can 2 teams trigger the clause? unless when they tried to negotiatte personal terms he turned them down?

me thinks sky is making stuff up

no idea here's another one saying they triggered his clause.

so how can 2 teams trigger the clause? unless when they tried to negotiatte personal terms he turned them down?

me thinks sky is making stuff up

Hahaha. That's the same link from 3 weeks ago.

300 hundred teams can trigger the clause. All it is is a minimum release fee. All it means is that if a team offer £xxx, the club cannot refuse the offer. They have to accept it then it is upto the player to decide where he goes.

You think a media outlet is making stuff up in the summer transfer window when there is nothing else to write about?! Genius.

Hahaha. That's the same link from 3 weeks ago.

300 hundred teams can trigger the clause. All it is is a minimum release fee. All it means is that if a team offer £xxx, the club cannot refuse the offer. They have to accept it then it is upto the player to decide where he goes.

You think a media outlet is making stuff up in the summer transfer window when there is nothing else to write about?! Genius.

but here's the kicker, they have a report saying Marseille have met the clause. 2 weeks later everton have met the clause. 2 days later "only everton have met the cause". wtf?

but here's the kicker, they have a report saying Marseille have met the clause. 2 weeks later everton have met the clause. 2 days later "only everton have met the cause". wtf?

How many players have Everton been signing this summer? Exactly. Says all it needs to.

There is no kicker. Only people who believe every single click baiting headline.

If City fans came here to check out the John Stones thread right now, they'd get the impression that we're selling them exorbitantly priced snake oil. I'm just not sure there isn't some sort of social/psychological thing going on with their relationship to a player who was there for one season, a season in which they got relegated. They might not be attached. They might think everything (bar some youth team gem) is absolute trash around there right now. I just wouldn't put too much stock in fans' opinions, given the context.

Thank you for this. Tried to say the same a page ago but definitely less articulately.

That's why I said he said they COULD bid more.

Steve it was in Birminghams version of the Echo.

This one?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-roberto-di-matteo-say-11681136

Again, the Di Matteo quote are exactly same as SSN. The article says other clubs could bid more, Di Matteo doesn't. All the articles are using the exact same quote straight from Di Matteo mouth....

"It's public Everton have triggered his clause and he's going to leave," the ex-Chelsea boss said on Friday.

"There's no news so far but the expectation is, once personal terms are agreed and a medical [is done], he's going to go.

"There are other clubs interested, that's right, but the only official bid so far has been from Everton.

"There's not much I can do because he had a clause in his contract and that's something I inherited and my hands are tied. We will be losing him.

"The fact he is leaving is basically down to the clause he has in his contract, otherwise there would be no chance.

"We're not a club looking to sell. We don't have to, we don't need to. He had a clause but nobody else has."

This one?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-roberto-di-matteo-say-11681136

Again, the Di Matteo quote are exactly same as SSN. The article says other clubs could bid more, Di Matteo doesn't. All the articles are using the exact same quote straight from Di Matteo mouth....

"It's public Everton have triggered his clause and he's going to leave," the ex-Chelsea boss said on Friday.

"There's no news so far but the expectation is, once personal terms are agreed and a medical [is done], he's going to go.

"There are other clubs interested, that's right, but the only official bid so far has been from Everton.

"There's not much I can do because he had a clause in his contract and that's something I inherited and my hands are tied. We will be losing him.

"The fact he is leaving is basically down to the clause he has in his contract, otherwise there would be no chance.

"We're not a club looking to sell. We don't have to, we don't need to. He had a clause but nobody else has."

So what's your point? I said he said other clubs COULD bid more which is exactly what he said, so if there is still an opportunity for other clubs bids to be accepted it's clearly nowhere near being done which is what I stated.

I don't get why you're making an issue of what I said.

So what's your point? I said he said other clubs COULD bid more which is exactly what he said, so if there is still an opportunity for other clubs bids to be accepted it's clearly nowhere near being done which is what I stated.

I don't get why you're making an issue of what I said.

It's not that I'm making an issue of it. Not at all.

But my point would be this...I just can't see the bit where he exactly says "other clubs could bid more". I just can't see it. Am I going mental Paddy? Please highlight in bold where he says those words? Put me out of my pain!!! Please!!! Or am I just taking it too literally?! If I've got this wrong, I hold my hands up fully. Just show me where he says that.

If there is any gripe I have, and this is aimed at no particular member or members (I know quite a few are fairly sensitive at this time of year!), it is that 'we' take so many headlines/articles as gospel, then question actual real life quotes as false, or add bits in that don't exsist. We get sucked into the media circus and argue for pages upon pages over what we don't know as if it is fact. But when presented with a factual statement, we don't believe it. It's bizarre. Many things being 'debated' on this forum in recent weeks are just mental.

But my point would be this...I just can't see the bit where he exactly says "other clubs could bid more". I just can't see it. Am I going mental Paddy? Please highlight in bold where he says those words? Put me out of my pain!!! Please!!! Or am I just taking it too literally?! If I've got this wrong, I hold my hands up fully. Just show me where he says that.

If there is any gripe I have, and this is aimed at no particular member or members (I know quite a few are fairly sensitive at this time of year!), it is that 'we' take so many headlines/articles as gospel, then question actual real life quotes as false, or add bits in that don't exsist. We get sucked into the media circus and argue for pages upon pages over what we don't know as if it is fact. But when presented with a factual statement, we don't believe it. It's bizarre. Many things being 'debated' on this forum in recent weeks are just mental.

wibble.jpg

Fucking hell, he said it, I read it, he said COULD here I'll put you out you misery. I have absolutely no idea why you are taking issue with this are you deliberately trying to be a pedantic prick?

https://twitter.com/joth1878/status/759309828636438528

If it wasn't yhat article you posted it was another I read. He said somewhere that other clubs COULD bid more money. Not they have or will but COULD do itwhich means he has not agreed personal terms and also means a deal to us is not close which is alls I said.

Fucking hell.

Edited by Paddock

Fucking hell, he said it, I read it, he said COULD here I'll put you out you misery. I have absolutely no idea why you are taking issue with this are you deliberately trying to be a pedantic prick?

https://twitter.com/joth1878/status/759309828636438528

If it wasn't yhat article you posted it was another I read. He said somewhere that other clubs COULD bid more money. Not they have or will but COULD do itwhich means he has not agreed personal terms and also means a deal to us is not close which is alls I said.

Fucking hell.

Pedantic prick?! Haha. It wasn't my aim, I was trying to be rational, but if that's how you feel...!!! I can take it. Pre season isn't a great time for you is it?!!!

On a serious note, it is laughable that SSN are now reporting that Villa are holding out for more money...even though the Chairman has said on his own twitter account that Everton have met his release clause and they can't now stop him going, it's totally upto the player now!

In other news, Messi has said he wants to join the Everton revolution asap.

Pedantic prick?! Haha. It wasn't my aim, I was trying to be rational, but if that's how you feel...!!! I can take it. Pre season isn't a great time for you is it?!!!

On a serious note, it is laughable that SSN are now reporting that Villa are holding out for more money...even though the Chairman has said on his own twitter account that Everton have met his release clause and they can't now stop him going, it's totally upto the player now!

In other news, Messi has said he wants to join the Everton revolution asap.

Liverpool refused to sell Suarez when his release clause was met by Arsensl, if another club comes in and offers 7.8 (for example) they aren't obliged to sell to us.

Liverpool refused to sell Suarez when his release clause was met by Arsensl, if another club comes in and offers 7.8 (for example) they aren't obliged to sell to us.

Different scenario.

The Suarez thing was decided by the PFA to be a 'good faith' release clause rather than a automatic release clause. So Liverpool were not at all legally obliged to accept any offer.

Gueye's is a release clause. Once the stated fee is met, the club have to accept it. Di Matteo has said they can't stop him leaving. The Villa chairman has said they can't stop him leaving.

(I only know this because I was getting confused by the whole meaning so looked into it!)

http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/

Idrissa Gana: Aston Villa cannot keep midfielder after release clause triggered - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36904124

"GOODBYE GUEYE? NOT YET...

We understand there are still a few details holding up Idrissa Gueye's move from Aston Villa to Everton.

It is thought Villa are holding out for more money, even though Everton have met the player’s £7.1m release clause, possibly due to interest from elsewhere.

The 26-year-old Senegal international will earn £45,000-a-week at Everton – but he’s not yet had a medical or travelled to Merseyside to complete formalities."

-SSN

It was reported he'd already had a medical, apparently not.