IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

"Of course, if PSG aren't willing to meet the asking price then no problem, as everyone would be thrilled to see the tackling tornado....stay and be part of an improving, hungry squad."

Not quite "everyone"😂

Good article though, sums up the dilemma well. 

They might be happy for him to stay it doesn’t mean he will be, he said he would work harder in an effort to get his move and for teams to look to take him to the next level, if people think if we keep refusing his move he’s going to carry on in the same vein then there living in cloud cuckoo land, the guy has got his head down and worked harder and some say played better since the January window for one reason he wants out plain and simple. 

Let’s take the money wish him well and move on, if we stand in his way this transfer window I don’t think we will see the same response from him as last time and I personally wouldn’t blame him, and if I was a manager I wouldn’t want to have to keep spending my time trying to convince players who didn’t want to be here to stay, I’d rather want to be investing my time with players who wanted to be here. 

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Or it may be is just very professional and doesn’t let rumours etc influence him. 

Sad world where a player comes out like he has.... and people still try to turn it into a negative. 

How’s that turning it into a negative, surly he will find it more negative if we keep standing in his way, if the club doesn’t want to let him go because he’s so vital in there opinion, then cut all the crap out by making a statement saying he is not for sale and we are going to make him honour the remainder of his contract.

And they weren’t rumours they were tabled bids and he wants to leave, no I don’t rate him as much as you do, but any player who is publicly pushing to leave with their words and actions I would let go, because sooner or later he is going to rebel if we stop him realising his dream. 

Just now, Palfy said:

How’s that turning it into a negative, surly he will find it more negative if we keep standing in his way, if the club doesn’t want to let him go because he’s so vital in there opinion, then cut all the crap out by making a statement saying he is not for sale and we are going to make him honour the remainder of his contract.

And they weren’t rumours they were tabled bids and he wants to leave, no I don’t rate him as much as you do, but any player who is publicly pushing to leave with their words and actions I would let go, because sooner or later he is going to rebel if we stop him realising his dream. 

It is turning it into a negative, your probably the one person that exists who can’t see that. 

And he is doing exactly the opposite to what you are saying, that’s a fact... not opinion, cold hard fact. Though you’ll still argue otherwise haha 😉

Lets look at it. He was recently asked about it at the AFCON. His answer was that he wasn’t going to comment on any rumours and just wanted to concentrate on the tournament.... I mean what an asshole eh! 

Before that, PSG made public many offers for him. It was turned down. He was asked about it. 

He answered honestly by saying it would have been a dream move for him, but it was turned down so wasn’t to be. He then went on by saying all he can do, is play for his current club, put the effort in and try even harder. He did this.... again... what an asshole haha! 

Now if you can’t see how your turning that into a negative... then frankly your lying to yourself, and that’s commonly know as.... your only cheating yourself 😉

Now if he comes out and publicly says that he wants to leave us, puts in a transfer request and does countless interviews about how he wants to play for a bigger club... then I’ll join your little group mate. Until then, I’ll have respect for a player that has earnt it, regardless of ability level.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Tyrone mings went to villa for £26 million. Just seems to me we sell to low 

You must take resale value into account. Gana is gonna worth 10m at most in two seasons, because of his advanced age. Mings is 3 and a half years younger and is not a bad player at all.

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He answered honestly by saying it would have been a dream move for him, but it was turned down so wasn’t to be. He then went on by saying all he can do, is play for his current club, put the effort in and try Evertonen harder. 

You haven’t repeated exactly what he said you’ve given the Shukes version, shocking behaviour I suggest you revisit what he said and why he said it. 

You’d make an excellent presenter for Jackanory and we all thought Walt Disney was dead 😜

PSG are not bothered about re-sale value. They want players to win the champions league. Some would argue that gana has two or three years at the peak of his game and that’s what they are buying him for. Mings has had two bad injuries and played probably forty matches in the premier league. They’ve paid that money off a season in the championship. He’s not bad granted but he sure isn’t worth £26 million.  If he is worth £26 million then gana in my eyes is worth more than €35 million.So we sell our arguably most consistent player over the last two seasons do we then pay £26 million for a replacement who has had a decent season in the championship? 

34 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

PSG are not bothered about re-sale value. They want players to win the champions league. Some would argue that gana has two or three years at the peak of his game and that’s what they are buying him for. Mings has had two bad injuries and played probably forty matches in the premier league. They’ve paid that money off a season in the championship. He’s not bad granted but he sure isn’t worth £26 million.  If he is worth £26 million then gana in my eyes is worth more than €35 million.So we sell our arguably most consistent player over the last two seasons do we then pay £26 million for a replacement who has had a decent season in the championship? 

Thing is we will only sell Gana if he wants to go we wouldn’t even be discussing this if he wanted to stay, and PSG wouldn’t be pursuing him if he had said he wanted to stay. 

There comes a point in time where it’s not about the value it’s about what’s best for the club, and I fail to see how keeping any player who doesn’t want to be here a plus regardless of who they are. 

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You haven’t repeated exactly what he said you’ve given the Shukes version, shocking behaviour I suggest you revisit what he said and why he said it. 

You’d make an excellent presenter for Jackanory and we all thought Walt Disney was dead 😜

I didn’t go exactly no, but I was a lot closer than you wasn’t I 😉

But what did you think of his comments at AFCON? Good? Bad? Or didn’t see them, so it never happened?

55 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Idrissa Gana Gueye will be finalizing his transfer to PSG in the coming hours. Agreement at €33M (not including bonuses) with Everton

Still nothing official then. I'll believe it when I see it from a source that is.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Still nothing official then. I'll believe it when I see it from a source that is.

I think it’s definitely happening even if this isn’t official, for me the silence of the club with so many rumours saying it’s going to happen says it all really. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think it’s definitely happening even if this isn’t official, for me the silence of the club with so many rumours saying it’s going to happen says it all really. 

They very rarely comment on rumours, ins or outs. 

I think it’ll happen though. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

They very rarely comment on rumours, ins or outs. 

Possibly very true but they were quite vocal in saying he couldn’t go in last Jans window, could be they are possibly resigned to the fact he is going this time, just a thought. 

25 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I can’t see how £25 million for your most consistent player is good business 

His age is the biggest factor along with the fact he wishes to leave and the club have respected this. 

I suppose it was a choice of either £30m~ or having a player under contract for the next 2 seasons who isn't happy and doesn't want to be here with a rapidly decreasing value to sell. 

Kick in the teeth, but hopefully Brands and Silva can find a replacement with different qualities to help push on. 

Sad to see him go.

We ended the season on a good defensive run.  Now with Gana and Zouma gone it is back to the drawing board.  Even if we get replacements they will need time to gel....

Guess there is always a slight chance the P's were right.  Would rather them be right then get dragged back into the bottom half of the table...

I need a beer.