IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Him and the vast majority of others (if not all) we have based on current ability.

Couldn't agree more at this moment in time we have maybe 4 or 5 at best who would be part of a team that could realistically achieve a top 4 spot, pretty poor really when you look at the money we've spent and a couple of them have been here a few years

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

One of the few that did ok . No doubt the chuckle brothers will focus on the free kick he gave away on the edge of our area though

You’re right every time someone says Gana is a good player I do have a chuckle, sometimes it turns into raucous laughter but when I’m watching him it’s tears 😭 and frustration. 

46 minutes ago, Btay said:

Welcome to being on this side of the debate!

I'm more bothered about our not good enough right back playing left back... Ashley Williams being incredibly shit, Rooney quickly approaching retirement, scheiderlein stealing a living, 

Gana? He's doing ok....

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm more bothered about our not good enough right back playing left back... Ashley Williams being incredibly shit, Rooney quickly approaching retirement, scheiderlein stealing a living, 

Gana? He's doing ok....

Just teasing mate - same concerns here

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm fairly certain that if we lose the next two games Pete and Palfy will acknowledge that we lost them due to Gana being absent and will become his biggest fans.

Or not.

I'm more confident the city game won't be double figures. Silva and de Bruyne would have been exploiting the huge gaps he leaves by being out of position. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I'm fairly certain that if we lose the next two games Pete and Palfy will acknowledge that we lost them due to Gana being absent and will become his biggest fans.

Or not.

Never say never but if last week's performance was anything to go by very unlikely is the most diplomatic way of putting it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Led the team in chances created and tackles yesterday despite only playing 34 minutes but he's definitely the reason we're so shit.

One of them "chances" doesn' even make the highlights reel because it wasnt really a chance and the other was a miscontrol that broke to DCL :)

He also made as many tackles in that 34 minutes than he did in his last 180 minutes. Maybe he is just an impact the player 😂

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

One of them "chances" doesn' even make the highlights reel because it wasnt really a chance and the other was a miscontrol that broke to DCL :)

He also made as many tackles in that 34 minutes than he did in his last 180 minutes. Maybe he is just an impact the player 😂

Or maybe he’s been carrying an injury for a while and had to play throughnas we’re short there.