IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

One has two premier league medals and the other has a relegation against his name. Similar stats completely different players. 

Roy Keane got relegated the year that Darren Ferguson won a premier league winners medal. 

Paulo di canio, Craig bellamy, juninho all got relegated... whilst players like luke chadwick, Stephen Hughes, Pascal cygan and Quinton fortune won premier league medals. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Roy Keane got relegated the year that Darren Ferguson won a premier league winners medal. 

Paulo di canio, Craig bellamy, juninho all got relegated... whilst players like luke chadwick, Stephen Hughes, Pascal cygan and Quinton fortune won premier league medals. 

And your point is? 

Leicester and Chelsea won the league thanks to Kante's contributions. Villa are playing the league below thanks to Gana's. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

We were relegated with Dixie in the side, must've been right shit him.

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

And your point is? 

Leicester and Chelsea won the league thanks to Kante's contributions. Villa are playing the league below thanks to Gana's. 

Really? You think villa were relegated because of Gana??? His stats stood up to kantes that year too.

You will not be interested to know this but only gana, Hutton, Clark and ayew were the only players to escape any criticism from their fans and media. 

Lescott, Sinclair, micah Richards, agbonlahor, keiron richardson and many others being told they were not welcome into the club ever again. 

Try again.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Awful player... only scored so many goals cos he was out of position. 

That's a change of direction from you Haf basing a strikers worth on the amount of goals they scored.

To compare Gana in the same class as Kante is completely fanciful, if you truly believe Gana is equally good if not better because of stats and not what you've seen, then poke your eyes out you don't need them and you can have all the stats you want delivered in Braille.😁

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That's a change of direction from you Haf basing a strikers worth on the amount of goals they scored.

To compare Gana in the same class as Kante is completely fanciful, if you truly believe Gana is equally good if not better because of stats and not what you've seen, then poke your eyes out you don't need them and you can have all the stats you want delivered in Braille.😁

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was more sarcastically alluding to the fact that his movement/positioning must have been top notch... after all isn't it because gana is so unintelligent that he makes so many tackles and interceptions?

Problem is that it isn’t is comparing Gana to Kante, it’s the football community! Pundits do it, other fans do it, other managers do it, heck I would t be suprised if Kante did it. 

Maybe the football community needs to poke their eyes out as they are all pretty dumb? 

....or maybe it’s the select few.... and I mean FEW, that have it wrong?

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Problem is that it isn’t is comparing Gana to Kante, it’s the football community! Pundits do it, other fans do it, other managers do it, heck I would t be suprised if Kante did it. 

Maybe the football community needs to poke their eyes out as they are all pretty dumb? 

....or maybe it’s the select few.... and I mean FEW, that have it wrong?

Stats are a useful tool but football has more to it than say baseball for you to work solely off than. 

Gana's off ball is shocking. Barry was often praised by his teammates for always willing for the ball. Gana plays like he's scared of it. Look at the difference McCarthy had even though he hadn't played for a year. Gana lacks conviction, yes he gets his foot in but often doesn't fully deal with it as he's not got a winning mentality. Stats won't highlight this stuff, otherwise everyone would use a database rather than scouts. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Stats are a useful tool but football has more to it than say baseball for you to work solely off than. 

Gana's off ball is shocking. Barry was often praised by his teammates for always willing for the ball. Gana plays like he's scared of it. Look at the difference McCarthy had even though he hadn't played for a year. Gana lacks conviction, yes he gets his foot in but often doesn't fully deal with it as he's not got a winning mentality. Stats won't highlight this stuff, otherwise everyone would use a database rather than scouts. 

I do see what your saying and I respect your opinion. But I like you, base my opinion on what I see with my eyes.... nothing to do with stats. 

I see a player who could actually work harder, and if he did would be Kante. Gana doesn’t sprint to get back, doesnt go into blood curdling tackles. He gets by with his reading of where the ball is going. He is also one of our more forward playing midfielders, always linkin play up. Admittedly... his shooting stinks! 

My point is that if so many view him differently  than you and Palfy, why is it us that don’t have a football brain? Why does it have to be us that can’t see past stats......

.... why can’t you just admit I’m right hah!

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do see what your saying and I respect your opinion. But I like you, base my opinion on what I see with my eyes.... nothing to do with stats. 

I see a player who could actually work harder, and if he did would be Kante. Gana doesn’t sprint to get back, doesnt go into blood curdling tackles. He gets by with his reading of where the ball is going. He is also one of our more forward playing midfielders, always linkin play up. Admittedly... his shooting stinks! 

My point is that if so many view him differently  than you and Palfy, why is it us that don’t have a football brain? Why does it have to be us that can’t see past stats......

You're half way to agreeing with me and Palfy (which is more than most in here would admit). 

The bit after that is what infuriates me most his reading is shocking. Someone in here described it best as running in a circle. He's always wrong side of his man or goes and marks the wrong one. As for linking play he stagnates it imo, he only wants the ball when he's 100% safe and even then more often than not passes it backwards. Rooney often takes it off his toes (as he does the defenders as well) which I'd find embarrassing as a professional footballer. Like saying mate you're shit at passing give it to me. 

When we have possession Gana hides next to one of their players rather than get between two and call for the ball, he doesn't make himself an option going forward and because he doesn't have a football brain either when running forward he doesn't drag a man out of position to create space for the other player in possession to run into, sometimes he just ends up getting in the way. Anyone next to him in midfield will struggle. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

They've been blinded by his stats definitely not his blinding football, George Boateng who was at every Villa game the season they went down being interviewed about Gana was shocked when he was told his stats, his reply was something a long the lines, he was generally unnoticed very average but if that’s the stats then that’s the stats , then he quipped don’t tell the Villa fans they won’t believe you. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They've been blinded by his stats definitely not his blinding football, George Boateng who was at every Villa game the season they went down being interviewed about Gana was shocked when he was told his stats, his reply was something a long the lines, he was generally unnoticed very average but if that’s the stats then that’s the stats , then he quipped don’t tell the Villa fans they won’t believe you. 

Sorry Shukes I've edited it started with you've when it should have been they've.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Sorry Shukes I've edited it started with you've when it should have been they've.

Haha didn’t even notice mate, too busy giggling at the sentence haha. I think though we can all disagree on players at times.... it’s still good to see humour in posts.

And I don’t mean his football 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2018 at 20:17, hafnia said:

Really? You think villa were relegated because of Gana??? His stats stood up to kantes that year too.

You will not be interested to know this but only gana, Hutton, Clark and ayew were the only players to escape any criticism from their fans and media. 

Lescott, Sinclair, micah Richards, agbonlahor, keiron richardson and many others being told they were not welcome into the club ever again. 

Try again.

Fake news I've been reading what the Villa fans general consensus was, they tagged him with the title fraud player long before they were relegated they didn't rate him the biggest problem was given the ball away and needles back passes that resulted in goals against.

Fake news mate.

I read that the villa fans rated him, and didn’t want him to go.

In any case..... what you doing bringing Gana up in this thread. You’ve not been looking where your going have you. Head towards the Lukaku thread, look both ways, then turn left!