IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

I don’t think anyone is right or wrong Palfy. It’s just a case of opinion, and there are no rights and wrongs. 

Its up to the management and club to decide if he is good enough or not, all we can do is debate our own opinions.... and then tell each other where we go wrong!

Not enough for Everton normally but in this circumstances, one of the best for Everton. He looks good because rest is shit and yes, he can play for top 6 teams. Anyone can play for top 6 teams but in his position, to play for a top 6 side he is a very simple DM. His chance to play for a top 6 team depends on the tactic.

Only thing I know, I wouldn't go for Gana if I am able to go for Kante if I were a manager.

It is a basic video, even in this one, there are a lot of differences between Gana and Kante. You can see what's Gana is missing.

Again, I don't think he is good enough for top 6 or for Everton. He is a so one-sided CDM. In modern football, every position has defensive and attacking duties and Gana is really bad on the attack. But he'll do good unless Everton purchases a better one.

Kante is a better all round player than Gana no question imo 

His positional awareness and short range distribution are a level above, no stain on Gana though as the lad is a great little player and has most of the tools Kante has he's just not as polished in certain areas 

The lad cost pittance in today's game and has proven himself to be one of the league's better DM's, he'll never look a world beater not many in his position ever do but the lad tends to do his job very well and generally gives his all 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Agreed.... the moaning about gana is like a bloke moaning that his car stereo isn'ttt sounding too great whilst he ignores the fact that his tyres are bald and exhaust is hanging off. 

Or that he only has two tiny door speakers.

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Agreed.... the moaning about gana is like a bloke moaning that his car stereo isn'ttt sounding too great whilst he ignores the fact that his tyres are bald and exhaust is hanging off. 

Now this is very true! We have so many problems that we don' know where to start!

• 2 weeks later...

,,That's a huge achievement making the squad of the Senegal national team who in the FIFA world rankings are lower than Northern Ireland, but no mention of Mori who has made the Argentinean squad who are ranked 5th in the world, just thought I'd had a bit of reality and perspective to the discussion, hope you don't mind.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

,,That's a huge achievement making the squad of the Senegal national team who in the FIFA world rankings are lower than Northern Ireland, but no mention of Mori who has made the Argentinean squad who are ranked 5th in the world, just thought I'd had a bit of reality and perspective to the discussion, hope you don't mind.

Nah. Different things.

Senegal have named their actual 23 man squad.

Argentina have named a 35 man premilary squad. Hold the congrats for Mori until we know for sure.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Nah. Different things.

Senegal have named their actual 23 man squad.

Argentina have named a 35 man premilary squad. Hold the congrats for Mori until we know for sure.

Mori will be in it, Argentina aren't flush with defenders, a stupid amount world class strikers but decent / half decent defenders is quite rare for them recently.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Well the world is going to have its spotlight on him now, this could be your biggest back up yet. He should either get found out, or possibly thrive.

Your absolutely right and I hope 🤞 he has an absolute blinder, then he can come back full of confidence and push on under a new manager and prove I was wrong. 

Forever an optimist 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Your absolutely right and I hope 🤞 he has an absolute blinder, then he can come back full of confidence and push on under a new manager and prove I was wrong. 

Forever an optimist 

Your not very good at biting haha! 

But that’s a strength my friend. We all want the best for the club at end of the day, that’s all that counts.

Watching the cup final so far, I can see what the Ps mean. Kante hardly passes forward. Whithorn the first ten minutes he has been caught out of position and had to foul twice.... proper shit he is. Not worth really calling him a professional footballer.

Gana actually looks better than him, that’s how bad he is. No idea how all the pundits, managers and fans are fooled by him.