IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just looked on whoscored.com and compared Gana with the worlds best player Messi.

Different roles I know but just for fun.

messi 81.3 pass completion

Gana 85% 

But to be fair, he doesn’t score worldies like Messi does, so Messi gets a free pass for being worse than a player that can’t pass to save his life. Messi must be another lukaku 😉

Mate, with all due respect (not sure if you are being sarcastic here tho, ignore it if you are.) but despite the fact that their roles are different, their pass preferences are also way different. It is also related to their positions in the game and also what expected from them.

Gana is not even close to being a passer who can be compared to Messi.

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The vast majority of our squad isn'tttt good enough for this club.

Are they good enough to get us to the stage where we can attract better players who are good enough for the club is the criteria we are at. 

Sadly for the gana haters - he has a big role to play whilst some players like Williams, schneiderlein, Keane, mirallas, bolassie, cuco, Rooney and maybe funes mori need cutting from the wage bill as they are liabilities or will negatively impact the team with their attitudes.  

The majority of us who like gana are aware of what he isn'ttt good at. We just appreciate that what he is good at is critical for the team. Above all his attitude and ethic is spot on and fits the type of style we want to see from an Everton side. Dynamic and energetic with real workrste and commitnent. 

I agree with a lot of what you say but in life hard work doesn't guarantee you will be at the top of your profession, you also need the ability, look at Niasse God bless him the hardest working player we've had in years but his lack of ability is his Achilles heel he's not going to be top draw, then look at your favourite player Lukaku loads of natural ability, but as you said was lazy didn't give a fuck, but look where he is in his career his ability has got him where he is and not his attitude.

Now Schneiderlin can change his attitude or ship out Niasse and Gana can't become players of better ability, when the new manager comes in he's going to want players that have ability when in possession of the ball and he will sort there commitment out or ship them out, he won't let his heart rule his head.

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just looked on whoscored.com and compared Gana with the worlds best player Messi.

Different roles I know but just for fun.

messi 81.3 pass completion

Gana 85% 

But to be fair, he doesn’t score worldies like Messi does, so Messi gets a free pass for being worse than a player that can’t pass to save his life. Messi must be another lukaku 😉

Fuck me Shukes love you mate but you are becoming more crazy than me, and I didn't think that was possible😂😉

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree with a lot of what you say but in life hard work doesn't guarantee you will be at the top of your profession, you also need the ability, look at Niasse God bless him the hardest working player we've had in years but his lack of ability is his Achilles heel he's not going to be top draw, then look at your favourite player Lukaku loads of natural ability, but as you said was lazy didn't give a fuck, but look where he is in his career his ability has got him where he is and not his attitude.

Now Schneiderlin can change his attitude or ship out Niasse and Gana can't become players of better ability, when the new manager comes in he's going to want players that have ability when in possession of the ball and he will sort there commitment out or ship them out, he won't let his heart rule his head.

Schneiderlein change his attitude?  Simple fact of the matter is it's too late.  Complete abandonment of duty and responsibility to the team and fans.  Some things just can not be papered over. 

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Schneiderlein change his attitude?  Simple fact of the matter is it's too late.  Complete abandonment of duty and responsibility to the team and fans.  Some things just can not be papered over. 

Well I think you are going to struggle next season, because of his footballing ability and his understanding of the area he plays in you are probably going to see quite a lot of him.  Enjoy

34 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Mate, with all due respect (not sure if you are being sarcastic here tho, ignore it if you are.) but despite the fact that their roles are different, their pass preferences are also way different. It is also related to their positions in the game and also what expected from them.

Gana is not even close to being a passer who can be compared to Messi.

Haha it was tongue in cheek mate..... in a way.

Gana gets critique due to what he doesn’t do, but no credit for what he does good as it’s his job. 

Messi, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Pickford, and countless others get a free pass on what they don’t do... as that’s not their job.

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Haha it was tongue in cheek mate..... in a way.

Gana gets critique due to what he doesn’t do, but no credit for what he does good as it’s his job. 

Messi, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Pickford, and countless others get a free pass on what they don’t do... as that’s not their job.

Phew, just a moment I thought you were serious :)

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well I think you are going to struggle next season, because of his footballing ability and his understanding of the area he plays in you are probably going to see quite a lot of him.  Enjoy

Why will I struggle? He's shit it.  If he plays he needs to be at the top of his game cos he's essentially shown the fans that he doesn't give a shit about the club. 

He may get a fresh start under a new manager.  He may get told in no uncertain terms that any sign of downing tools will see him fucked off ...

The fans have long memories....the snide got audibly booed..... 

.He did and rightly so no disputing that, then 4 or 5 games later he was given a rapturous applause when he was subbed with an injury, and given good reviews on here for his performance.

Sometimes people fuck up but everyone deserves the opportunity to put their wrongs right in any walk of life, I'm proof of that fucked up massively in my life yet my family gave me the opportunity to put it right, and because of there forgiveness we have a wonderful life.

10 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Wonder what will happen if the new man comes in and picks Gana? Guess he'll instantly be wrong and a shit manager.

We'll have to wait and see.

Of course he will pick Gana I think that goes without saying, but I think he will soon realise he's lacking in basic skills.

But as you rightly say we will have to wait and see, and also we've got the world cup coming up to see him in a different looking team and I hope he has top tournament, and proves to me he has what I haven't seen.

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Of course he will pick Gana I think that goes without saying, but I think he will soon realise he's lacking in basic skills.

But as you rightly say we will have to wait and see, and also we've got the world cup coming up to see him in a different looking team and I hope he has top tournament, and proves to me he has what I haven't seen.

Yeah. Problem is you are that deep into your view that you are only going to see what you want to see.

See, I couldn't be like that with a player. It would ruin the game I'm watching.

Looking forward to the World Cup though. Hope it's a good tournament!

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah. Problem is you are that deep into your view that you are only going to see what you want to see.

See, I couldn't be like that with a player. It would ruin the game I'm watching.

Looking forward to the World Cup though. Hope it's a good tournament!

Watch as little of England as possible, or at least drink as you do. Then it’ll be an excellent tournament. That’s my advice. 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Watch as little of England as possible, or at least drink as you do. Then it’ll be an excellent tournament. That’s my advice. 

Think this is the first tournament that I'm not actually thinking about England!!!

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Think this is the first tournament that I'm not actually thinking about England!!!

My plan is to watch all our games out of home, with plenty of food and lots of drink. It’s only the social aspect of the tournament that I’m looking forward to. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Could be worse, I keep checking the Groups for updates to see where USA is. Nothing yet, but I'm sure it will get sorted before group play begins.

In Qatar

Reckon I'm all in on my cousins across the pond this year.  Especially after that pretty 'Murican girl just married into the Royal Fam, we're almost first cousins now!

8 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Could be worse, I keep checking the Groups for updates to see where USA is. Nothing yet, but I'm sure it will get sorted before group play begins.

In Qatar

Reckon I'm all in on my cousins across the pond this year.  Especially after that pretty 'Murican girl just married into the Royal Fam, we're almost first cousins now!

Have you lot not qualified? You'll be wanting to change the rules of the game again then!!!

• 4 weeks later...