IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up having to go to the start of this thread to get here some interesting comments.

Villa fans must be fuming knowing how good he's been.

When I read their forums out of curiosity they didn't seem that arsed. Maybe they didn't see how good he was until all the hype about Kante kicked up a fuss.

Agree with everything said here. This one is just an excellent example of what a scout should do. It's one thing to identify a player but to find one who suits the style and demands of a certain role in the team as well as Gueye does and for 7m is just top top work.

At the end of the campaign we need to sign him to a new deal wth massive buyout clause. He will be this season ngolo Kante and everyone will know him by the end of the year.

Don't need a buyout clause as he's already contracted to us. Just do the right thing and give him parity with top earners to stop him getting distracted.

Guest rusty747

Inclined to agree but only after about 6 months of consistently excellent performances. I don't doubt the lads ability or attitude at all but it is a little early to be awarding him superstar status just now.

But, great signing, great attitude and deserves a better contract after christmas.

I also hope Steve Walsh is adequately rewarded for making this happen. Not only has he been behind the signing of the transfer window, he has saved the club a fortune in the process.

Top job Steve.

I think he is a great signing but don't get why people want to give him a new contract jus a few weeks into his current one

It's not something we do at Everton, reward short term success with new, bumper contracts, so I wouldn't worry....

:unsure:

Still early days like but this lad looks unbelievable, he reads the game beatifully he's absolutely everywhere and he makes it look effortless.

He was exactly the type of player we were crying out for.

That's why I'd have him on parity with the upper earners at the end of the season. Not for any other reason than to show him that we value him... we have seen what happens when the big boys notice key players and find out they are on a quarter of what they will offer.

Love the way he plays. He reminds me of dacourt when he was on one of his top games.

I think he is a great signing but don't get why people want to give him a new contract jus a few weeks into his current one

Agreed absolutely ridiculous. The guy should be made up he's here after being relegated last season. He still has a lot to prove at this level. Look at us rewarding Martinez with a new contract and how badly that backfired.

No chance ona new contract for me. He only signed last month.

I understand what you mean but with agents these days always always in players ears you need to stay ahead of the game and keep your better players happy. He is already getting noticed as making the most tackles in the prem so far. For an unknown player he had a release clause in his contract at villa who is to say he hasn't got one with us like Kante. I appreciate people saying he should be made up to be here etc etc but that's not what footballers think these days. There looking for their next move. All I'm saying if he keeps his form up in January we need to improve his terms if they need improving comparatively to the rest of the squad.