IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

Niasse is our top scorer this season and saved Koeman from losing another game, what has Koeman's signing Sandro achieved not a shot on target I don't think, and personally I'd rather have Mori in the team than Williams, also McCarthy would do a better job than Gana or Schneiderlin.

I don't think we have improved probably in decline, we've conceded far too many goals and scored too few already this season.

5 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Come the end?!For 2/3 of his career at Everton! 

Oumar Niasse, Funes Mori, Cleverley, McGeady, Kone and Alcaraz  were all Martinez signings! Dont get me wrong he brought in some gems like Rom and Barry and lots more but christ he pruchased some absolute dross. Think you're looking back with rose tinted glasses on the Martinez era, he took us from being a consistent 5/6/7/8th team to a bottom half table team. I dont care if he made us substantial profil I want us to be a European team. 

1st season he was excellent. Second he turned it around after the new year. Had he not gone back to his philosophy half a chance he'd still be managing us. 

Mori would probably be of best defender if he was fit. 

Cleverley was a decent enough squad player. Made a profit on him too. 

Alcaraz and Kone both had injuries. Only major flop was McGeady, but he was a cheap gamble. 

Martinez already had one foot out the foot when Niasse signed so I'd imagine someone else from the club was more influential on that one. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

1st season he was excellent. Second he turned it around after the new year. Had he not gone back to his philosophy half a chance he'd still be managing us. 

Mori would probably be of best defender if he was fit. 

Cleverley was a decent enough squad player. Made a profit on him too. 

Alcaraz and Kone both had injuries. Only major flop was McGeady, but he was a cheap gamble. 

Martinez already had one foot out the foot when Niasse signed so I'd imagine someone else from the club was more influential on that one. 

Mori is barely serviceable and was the ashley Williams of the last two seasons.

Cleverly was absolute garbage and given your disposition against the attacking abilities of Gana and Schneiderlin, you should be ashamed of the comparison.

Alvarez, accounting for injury, was the worst defender I've seen in 7 years of following Everton.

The only one I can grant you is that Kone could've been a decent backup barring injury.

3 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Mori is barely serviceable and was the ashley Williams of the last two seasons.

Ashley Williams was our best defender last season. 

Cleverly was absolute garbage and given your disposition against the attacking abilities of Gana and Schneiderlin, you should be ashamed of the comparison.

Turned over the ball very well, speeding up the tempo. Rather than always stop and go backwards. For a short spell before picking up an injury he was playing very well. 

Alvarez, accounting for injury, was the worst defender I've seen in 7 years of following Everton.

Don't think you can judge him here, he was never truly fit to play. Poor signing overall but may have worked and only cost us wages. 

The only one I can grant you is that Kone could've been a decent backup barring injury.

Tbh if we got lukaku in earlier I don't we'd have signed him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to pass the pen back after signing and missed. Overated in my eyes. Any player can chase down like a mad man. Benji will show him the other parts you need to be a midfielder.

48 minutes ago, hafnia said:

In can see it now in a few months... Beni makes a couple of mistakes that lead to the opposition scoring a goal "fuckin shit you lad!!!"...... 

Spurs line up a £14.25m bid

Keep up the positivity haf, you're doing really well son.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

How has Beni become Benji:huh:?

I have no idea haha. Probably because Ive only heard his name once like everyone else who is making out like he's the next makelele! Like haf said as soon as he makes a mistake everyone will get on his back and he will do a Ross Barkley.:unsure:

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's true though isn't it?  Inevitable that our young home grown players will get pelters. 

Yes, because we have the shitest fans in the premiership. We'll all be entering goodison with white hanky's soon. It's ridiculous how temperamental our fans are, but with years of dashed hope and frustration, it's inevitable.

29 minutes ago, yamar said:

Yes, because we have the shitest fans in the premiership. We'll all be entering goodison with white hanky's soon. It's ridiculous how temperamental our fans are, but with years of dashed hope and frustration, it's inevitable.

Think most grounds are quieter these days. A lot more kids and girlfriends at the match now. 

I'd rather have a reactive crowd than the endless pointless noise Stoke and Blackburn fans make, or the faux atmosphere of the scarf waving tourist across the park. 

He was useless at times today. Control, passing, defending all but us in trouble at various points and why on earth he comminted himself for the goal I don't know. 

All the ex-pros said it before the game, he isnt disciplined enough to be given the responsibility he had today. 

Clearly remember games last season where young Davies had to save the Ganas arse for the failures he did in the middle midfield.

And clearly remember my brother saying "Waow! That Gana plays without a brain. Lucky for him Davies has got one".

With the current situation, Gana is a luxery-player that we can't afford to play. He makes way too many mistakes.