IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

30 minutes ago, Sev said:

Clearly remember games last season where young Davies had to save the Ganas arse for the failures he did in the middle midfield.

And clearly remember my brother saying "Waow! That Gana plays without a brain. Lucky for him Davies has got one".

With the current situation, Gana is a luxery-player that we can't afford to play. He makes way too many mistakes.

Is this the same Davies that is the reason Gana went charging at their player (rightly or wrongly)?

Both of them were abysmal but for some reason little Tom gets off without a mention. Is it his luscious blonde locks? 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Is this the same Davies that is the reason Gana went charging at their player (rightly or wrongly)?

Both of them were abysmal but for some reason little Tom gets off without a mention. Is it his luscious blonde locks? 

He lost his man in the oppositions half. No one usually moans when that happens as you would rarely concede from it. Yet we do, and that's because of one players inability to stick to his position. Any one could have got done like Davies, I doubt any other player in the squad does a Gana. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They both should have yanked him down and took a card. Soon as he got away I was thinking “please pull him back” both eqully to blame.

52 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He lost his man in the oppositions half. No one usually moans when that happens as you would rarely concede from it. Yet we do, and that's because of one players inability to stick to his position. Any one could have got done like Davies, I doubt any other player in the squad does a Gana. 

Davies does all of the same things wrong that Gana does - chases the ball and more often than not gets nowhere near and they waltz around him like he’s not there - but there’s not a peep from anyone. 

The fact is both were utter fucking shite yesterday. 

Time for changes, not only on the pitch but a complete overhaul of the backroom staff, and the board.  They've all become too comfortable just going through the motions, it's time for a major sort out because we need a team to fill a new stadium in the coming years.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Rooney had a chance too to stop him but didn't (I think)

It was Rooney and he could have got to him but it would have been a cynical foul rather than a tug back and a yellow. Davies first then Gueye should never of let him run on.

Davies should have been pulled at half time, he was utterly dreadful but as Romey says, nobody says a word about him.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It was Rooney and he could have got to him but it would have been a cynical foul rather than a tug back and a yellow. Davies first then Gueye should never of let him run on.

Davies should have been pulled at half time, he was utterly dreadful but as Romey says, nobody says a word about him.

Taking him out so he can't go forward is a cynical foul for all 3 of them to make, one that was needed. Davies messed up a bit, but Gray was still in their defensive 3rd, Gana got completely done by speed of turn which he should not have done meaning Rooney, as Gray was going past the halfway line at full pelt was the last resort. 

Davies for me was the only one putting himself about and getting stuck in (along wiht Beni when he came on), I don't really know what people expect from him when no one else was putting a foot in

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Anyone who has been involved in football knows that Gana was facing a player sori ting at him who was easily going o outpace him. He made a decision to slow him down and hope to get something on the ball. He didn’t, but knew there should be teammates busting a gut to get behind him to close the gaps. One player did... Rooney. 

It was a mistake, but the kind you see often. Nothing anywhere near as bad as people are making out. Same with Davies. He tried to slow him down and make a tackle. He didn’t need a yellow that early in the game and knew there was 75% of a pitch remaining. 

After that, it was a decisive and tidy goal.

Gana was rubbish yesterday. No one can argue otherwise really.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Taking him out so he can't go forward is a cynical foul for all 3 of them to make, one that was needed. Davies messed up a bit, but Gray was still in their defensive 3rd, Gana got completely done by speed of turn which he should not have done meaning Rooney, as Gray was going past the halfway line at full pelt was the last resort. 

Davies for me was the only one putting himself about and getting stuck in (along wiht Beni when he came on), I don't really know what people expect from him when no one else was putting a foot in

Pretty accurate description there. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Anyone who has been involved in football knows that Gana was facing a player sori ting at him who was easily going o outpace him. He made a decision to slow him down and hope to get something on the ball. He didn’t, but knew there should be teammates busting a gut to get behind him to close the gaps. One player did... Rooney. 

It was a mistake, but the kind you see often. Nothing anywhere near as bad as people are making out. Same with Davies. He tried to slow him down and make a tackle. He didn’t need a yellow that early in the game and knew there was 75% of a pitch remaining. 

After that, it was a decisive and tidy goal.

Gana was rubbish yesterday. No one can argue otherwise really.

He rushed him, when he should have held his position and force Gray to make a decision. By running at him Gana created the space for Gray, who couldn't believe his luck. 

Sad thing is this happens every match and hasn't been addressed*. You don't even get this at school boy level, you'd have to go all the way down to primary school level, kids kids just chasing the ball all over the park. 

*edit: I assume all players have their performances evaluated individually. Does this not happen at Everton? It baffles me that this blatant flaw hasn't been worked on at all. Koeman and Walsh have a lot to answer for, for bringing him in in the first place as to the coaches for not working on it. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Rooney was much closer to goal though, he was bearing down on outlr box  by then- still no excuse, Rooney should have done him but the angle/situation I think sees Rooney get a red where as the others would have got yellows for a pull back/ tackle.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Rooney was much closer to goal though, he was bearing down on outlr box  by then- still no excuse, Rooney should have done him but the angle/situation I think sees Rooney get a red where as the others would have got yellows for a pull back/ tackle.

Add to that it would have been pointless Davies taking one as he was miles away from goal.

The possession only turned into an attack from the moment Gana rushed him. No yellows necessary if he sticks to position and gives his teammates time to get back. 

15 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Never a red for Rooney there. All three would have taken yellow if they'd speed his run

53 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He rushed him, when he should have held his position and force Gray to make a decision. By running at him Gana created the space for Gray, who couldn't believe his luck. 

Sad thing is this happens every match and hasn't been addressed*. You don't even get this at school boy level, you'd have to go all the way down to primary school level, kids kids just chasing the ball all over the park. 

*edit: I assume all players have their performances evaluated individually. Does this not happen at Everton? It baffles me that this blatant flaw hasn't been worked on at all. Koeman and Walsh have a lot to answer for, for bringing him in in the first place as to the coaches for not working on it. 

It’s easy to see what happened, and your right, Gana’s mistake was making the decision for him. But it’s not a schoolboy mistake, it happens week in week out in the premier league.

it was a mistake, but let’s not dress it up as something else.

seems there are hundreds of pros who need sacking in your eyes, as he is rated highly by managers and pros alike, they must all be fools.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you had read my other posts regarding Gana, you would know that some of us in here thinks/knows that Gana makes any player next to him look like a headless chicken. Hence my remark on him being a luxery-player for the team.

None in here should doubt the qualities of Davies, right. That the twat Koeman didn't use him right or kept him on the bench has of course not benefited Davies... or the rest of the team, for that matter.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It’s easy to see what happened, and your right, Gana’s mistake was making the decision for him. But it’s not a schoolboy mistake, it happens week in week out in the premier league.

it was a mistake, but let’s not dress it up as something else.

seems there are hundreds of pros who need sacking in your eyes, as he is rated highly by managers and pros alike, they must all be fools.

It'd be a mistake from another player. Gana does it every week, that's how he plays, in his head the mistake was not winning the tackle. 

19 minutes ago, Sev said:

If you had read my other posts regarding Gana, you would know that some of us in here thinks/knows that Gana makes any player next to him look like a headless chicken. Hence my remark on him being a luxery-player for the team.

None in here should doubt the qualities of Davies, right. That the twat Koeman didn't use him right or kept him on the bench has of course not benefited Davies... or the rest of the team, for that matter.

Tom Davies does being a headless chicken all by himself. He doesn’t need any help. Gana doesn’t make him follow the ball, Gana doesn’t make him be a little slow to react to things, meaning the attacker gets away from him. 

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Why a red? He wasn't the last man nor was it at that point a goal-scoring opportunity, and unless he chopped him down, wasn't going to get one. He deserves as much criticism as the other 2 do, who were trying to win the ball (and failing miserably) further up the pitch, which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why a red? He wasn't the last man nor was it at that point a goal-scoring opportunity, and unless he chopped him down, wasn't going to get one. He deserves as much criticism as the other 2 do, who were trying to win the ball (and failing miserably) further up the pitch, which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

I said he probably would have had to chop him down. But he does deserve as much critisism.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Davies got beaten for pace in a completely open area of the pitch? That's not exactly an unusual thing and would happen to almost every midfielder we have. 

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Davies is the only player look up. He has been the one player this season trying to drag us up te pitch. If you think we were bad with Davies, take him out and watch how shite we are.

Him and DCL (another getting unfair stick) are the two shining lights this season.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Davies got beaten for pace in a completely open area of the pitch? That's not exactly an unusual thing and would happen to almost every midfielder we have. 

Davies is the only player look up. He has been the one player this season trying to drag us up te pitch. If you think we were bad with Davies, take him out and watch how shite we are.

Him and DCL (another getting unfair stick) are the two shining lights this season.

He had a bad game yesterday Bailey, shining light or not, he was awful yesterday so deserves to be called out on it.

Calvert Lewin wont reach double figures in the league if he plays every single game- he’s not yet at the level required to lead our line and it’s massively unfair on the lad to expect him to do it. Shining light or not he isn’t scoring.

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He had a bad game yesterday Bailey, shining light or not, he was awful yesterday so deserves to be called out on it.

Calvert Lewin wont reach double figures in the league if he plays every single game- he’s not yet at the level required to lead our line and it’s massively unfair on the lad to expect him to do it. Shining light or not he isn’t scoring.

Not in my books, he would have been in my top 3 players. He could have taken Gray down earlier but he was 60-70 yards from goal. The bigger problem was that we had two midfielders that aren't the most responsible playing alongside each other.

DCL wont for us but he would for other teams in the league, and that's the problem. I don't see any of our side getting into double figures in the league (excluding pens). He shouldnt have to lead the line on his own, I agree there, but he is the best person we have for the job. Niasse isnt good enough, the ball bounces back off Rooney and Sandro is too easily brushed aside as well. DCL has the best control of those 3, he has the best aerial presence, he has the best work rate, he has the best close control, he is of similar pace as the younger 2, he may even be quicker. Rooney has 5 (including at least 1 pen), Niasse has 4 and DCL has 3 so far this season. Its not like he is miles behind them and he has been playing wide for some of his games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wish Africa cup of nations was every year.
Je was terrible today - I follow Him on social media and the guy does not seemed fazed by the clubs position.
I wonder how many of our players think if we go down I'll just get picked up by another club in the prem.

Everyone was shite today , non more so than Schneiderlin