IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

38 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He looked more relaxed today... he mentioned that he could focus more without that lad shouting at him from his top balcony aisle seat.

Yeah. Mad how he mentioned that!!!

To be honest, it maybe helps him having Rooney in the middle too. Rooney will do the more attacking side of things, allowing Gana to concentrate on his strengths rather than be jack of all trades, master of none.

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not just him, I'm picking him out because he was the best. His athleticism, ability to spot danger. They were all disciplined, and that's Big Sam.

Pretty sure most would disagree with that. MOTD dumb down analysis a lot. Should be coaches fully analysing not just one replay of a tackle. 

On 11/12/2017 at 10:37, pete0 said:

Not just him, I'm picking him out because he was the best. His athleticism, ability to spot danger. They were all disciplined, and that's Big Sam.

Pretty sure most would disagree with that. MOTD dumb down analysis a lot. Should be coaches fully analysing not just one replay of a tackle. 

Pretty sure they don't.

Thought Gana had a good second half very poor in the first but that wasn't entirely his fault, the Schneiderlin factor got in the way of his game, two good games on a trot I'm starting to see a side to him I've not noticed before, still think he had a big part to play in the Liverpool goal though that won't change, had to get that comment in didn't want to leave the door open for Newty:D

I am glad he is back to his best, as he is a tremendous player for us, full of energy, tackling and getting the ball to our more creative players.

To be fair to Schniederlin he is more of s sweeper sat in front of the back 4, who reads the game well and can launch attacks himself with his better passing, and he is very good at it.

The trouble is, as any Everton fan will tell you, but Koeman and so far Sam could not, is that they both can't play effectively in the same side.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I am glad he is back to his best, as he is a tremendous player for us, full of energy, tackling and getting the ball to our more creative players.

To be fair to Schniederlin he is more of s sweeper sat in front of the back 4, who reads the game well and can launch attacks himself with his better passing, and he is very good at it.

The trouble is, as any Everton fan will tell you, but Koeman and so far Sam could not, is that they both can't play effectively in the same side.

Very true they are better when they aren't playing together.

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

I like Gana, his energy is vital to the team IMHO. 

Having been to every home game this season, him and Schniederlin just don't work well together. 

I've not seen Schniederlin launch any attacks yet, he's great at going sideways or backwards. He used to be better, don't know what's happened to him.

Gana does get caught out of position and on th wrong side of his man at times, but he is far more positive in all aspects of his game, if he could work on his shooting skills, he would be so much better.

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hope Gana's injury isn'ttt to serious but should he be ruled out for the next 3-4 games, then we will see whether the team is worse for not having him or better without him, there has been a lot of debate on this subject we may get to see the answer, personally I think we will be alright and improve.

What's the criteria going to be on how we judge this? 

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Palfy & Pete's opinion, it's nice and balanced:lol:.

I suppose the criteria would be are we better at winning the ball in midfield, are we better at retaining it, are we better at moving it with purpose, are we better at passing it, are we better at helping defend, are we better at joining the front man or men, does our shape look better, does our time in possession improve and do we still get results, and important does the player who fills his position make it hard for him to regain his place, I hope so in a positive way😝