IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

I genuinely find it disconcerting that PeteO and myself are the only ones who speak out against him, he's that poor I know we can't be the only two who have doubts over is abilities or lack of.

Not many like to give critique on players which is fair enough, but I know there are a few who can see with out the help of stats that don't always show a true picture if a player is good enough for this team, and I truly believe if people really think he's good enough then our standards have dropped to an all time low, now I don't want people to think I just have a personal hate of him cause I don't, my problem with him is simple he is not good enough for this club we deserve far better.

And the acceptance of players like him is why we find ourselves were we are, we can't play out of the position we find ourselves in with players of his standard that want happen, especially when the opposition's players are better.

Simple question for you Palfy and PeteO. 

Gana or Schniederlin, which one do you think is better for Everton?

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

He'd have to learn how to look forward first. He passes backwards and sideways and shirks responsibility. Ends up with the other CM dropping deep as well as the wingers. Once someone gets the ball the striker is isolated and there's then no forward pass on and we're under pressure if the other team press, resulting in mistakes and more goals conceded than I can cope with. 

You're describing our other DM who starts too often alongside him.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

He'd have to learn how to look forward first. He passes backwards and sideways and shirks responsibility. Ends up with the other CM dropping deep as well as the wingers. Once someone gets the ball the striker is isolated and there's then no forward pass on and we're under pressure if the other team press, resulting in mistakes and more goals conceded than I can cope with. 

He plays more forward passes with footballers ahead of him rather than having Schneiderlin alongside.

11 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Simple question for you Palfy and PeteO. 

Gana or Schniederlin, which one do you think is better for Everton?

Very good question, at this moment in time I wouldn't want either but if I was forced to choose I would pick Schneiderlin, because I have seen what Schneiderlin is capable of from his days at Southampton I know there is class player in him, and with the right manager and tactics which suit his game he could recreate that here.

I've never seen Gana look like a class player, even when at Villa he was poor-average, he never shone out amongst his team mates as a good player, and he was never hailed as a player to good for a team that was being relegated, in fact he was that average we only had to pay 5.7M for his services which tells me nobody else was interested and Villa were happy to get rid.

Now we have completely different scenario when it comes to Schneiderlin, he was wanted by a host of big clubs and went for big money against the wishes of his manager and club they wanted to keep him.

Gana wasn't good enough for Villa a Champions League team yet he's considered one of our best players here, are we really that bad is this how far we have capitulated in the last two years, fuck it's scary when people look at the likes of Gana as the future the great hope, I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than endure the pain of watching him prick about on a football pitch.

I hope that goes someway to answering your question Wiggytop, and apologies for not responding sooner I've had the day from hell today.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Who would you say is Villas best player?

The season they went down the Villa fans voted Jordan Ayew there best player, the biggest criticism of Gana was kept drifting out of position, bingo been saying that for last 18 months he's headless hasn't got a Scooby doo about positional sense.

That's why he's not good enough for this league you can't go walk abouts if you do you get punished, as Villa found out to their cost.

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

George Boateng said of Gana the stats don't lie but they are hard to believe, he did nothing special for us very ordinary, he may prove to be Everton's Kante which would upset the Villa fans.

Basically meaning he didn't do it here.

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The season they went down the Villa fans voted Jordan Ayew there best player, the biggest criticism of Gana was kept drifting out of position, bingo been saying that for last 18 months he's headless hasn't got a Scooby doo about positional sense.

That's why he's not good enough for this league you can't go walk abouts if you do you get punished, as Villa found out to their cost.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

George Boateng said of Gana the stats don't lie but they are hard to believe, he did nothing special for us very ordinary, he may prove to be Everton's Kante which would upset the Villa fans.

Basically meaning he didn't do it here.

Sources for those mate?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Links would be easier;).

Mike sat in bed on a kindle don't think I can copy and post, anyway your find it on what I gave you, also read about the trigger clause in his contract Marseille triggered it before us for the release value of 7.1M  Villa also had an option in that clause that if he did want to leave they could take the highest offer, cue us 7.2M and no further offers so we got him, surely that proves how underrated he was by the rest of the club's in Europe, and he was a Walsh signing that he had looked at whilst he was at Leicester.

? So Neymar is shit because only PSG came in for him. No I don’t think that proves anything at all.

Im pretty sure that if anyone thought it was worth it, they could find five sites with positive reviews, opinions and facts about Gana than, to every one that you find. Your own to links were actually glowing praise for him.

The fact is that, there is no proof either way, as none of it is fact. It’s all just your opinion against others.

Many players have been signed because nobody else came in for them. Your sample is of one where another European team did come in for him. Doesn’t that go against your point?

edit: sorry for getting into this... but there’s no Piers on GMT this morning so missing the debate haha.

Palfy, good points put well, thanks.

i think I agree with you, but and it's a big but, Schniederlin has been such a big let down this season, he doesn't show any intent to make his mark on the game, he just seems to drift through it, passing sideways or backwards, and avoiding any real tackles. He looks like a totally different player to the one we bought when he first arrived, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

As it stands I'd rather have Gana playing, yes he looses his position etc, but he does get stuck in and breaks up play,  he's also won the ball back on a couple  of occasions which have led to a goal ( Stoke first game of the season springs to mind)

As most are saying it's a case of either playing one or the other but not both at the same time, It just doesn't work.

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Palfy, good points put well, thanks.

i think I agree with you, but and it's a big but, Schniederlin has been such a big let down this season, he doesn't show any intent to make his mark on the game, he just seems to drift through it, passing sideways or backwards, and avoiding any real tackles. He looks like a totally different player to the one we bought when he first arrived, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

As it stands I'd rather have Gana playing, yes he looses his position etc, but he does get stuck in and breaks up play,  he's also won the ball back on a couple  of occasions which have led to a goal ( Stoke first game of the season springs to mind)

As most are saying it's a case of either playing one or the other but not both at the same time, It just doesn't work.

The reality is I don't think either of them would help a team that has aspirations to break into the top 5-4 places in the league.

Just an example of poor buys led by Walsh and Koeman.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There are a couple of threads on this forum that make me think I'm either in the Twilight zone, or I'm actually in a coma and this reflection of real-life I'm sleeping through is punctuated with the most bizarre moments that make me question my mental state.

This is one such thread.

Matt welcome to the reality zone, you are awake, your not mad you just need to open your eyes, Gana isn'tt a good enough player to take this club were we want to be, he's not the only one he's just one of the worst.

On 05/02/2018 at 20:23, Romey 1878 said:

Ah yes, Joey Barton, the fella that got on Unsworth’s back for being overweight. The fella that put a cigar out on a young players face. 

You'll have to forgive me if his opinion means absolutely nothing to me. 

He offered my mates lad £50 (or it may of been £20) to pour a can of coke all over his head whilst he and his mates watched. Luckily enough the kid is clued up and told him to fuck off and pour the can of coke over his own head.

The lads a fucking shite hawke.

22 hours ago, Paddock said:

He offered my mates lad £50 (or it may of been £20) to pour a can of coke all over his head whilst he and his mates watched. Luckily enough the kid is clued up and told him to fuck off and pour the can of coke over his own head.

The lads a fucking shite hawke.

I'd do it for £50.

4 minutes ago, Paddock said:

What stand there in a night club and pour a full can of coke all over yourself while a group of people laugh at you? Each to their own but if he would have asked me I’d of taken thhe can off him and smashed it right in his face repeatedly.

The nightclub part is a new wrench. But yeah £50 is a fair bit of money, so you might as well pour it over yourself, get the money and then smash it on his face.