IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fake news I've been reading what the Villa fans general consensus was, they tagged him with the title fraud player long before they were relegated they didn't rate him the biggest problem was given the ball away and needles back passes that resulted in goals against.

Funny that all the Villa fans I know rated him highly and were gutted he was going 😏

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fake news I've been reading what the Villa fans general consensus was, they tagged him with the title fraud player long before they were relegated they didn't rate him the biggest problem was given the ball away and needles back passes that resulted in goals against.

Seriously... get a grip man. This post is near a month old.

Villa fans rated him... they accepted hevwas going and he was one of only a few to emerge with credit that season... do we need to do a copy and paste exercise here? 

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not only did villa fans rate him, chelsea fans rated him before they got kante.  both were an option to sign and they got kante, but they would have been more than happy with gana.  even read from chelsea supporters saying he would have started had he signed and not kante.

the gana bashing is so bizarre.

That's wrong Mark Walsh looked at both of them for Leicester and they went with Kante, which was lucky for Leicester or they wouldn't have won the league if it was the other way round, then Chelsea took Kante and he won the league again and Walsh went in for Gana.

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That's wrong Mark Walsh looked at both of them for Leicester and they went with Kante, which was lucky for Leicester or they wouldn't have won the league if it was the other way round, then Chelsea took Kante and he won the league again and Walsh went in for Gana.

And you know this how??? Do you have a crystal ball? 

Based on the fact that both players had similar stats in different teams what was it that Kante was doing better?  So much better that his team won the league?  Or was it the fact that he had better team mates?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

not only did villa fans rate him, chelsea fans rated him before they got kante.  both were an option to sign and they got kante, but they would have been more than happy with gana.  even read from chelsea supporters saying he would have started had he signed and not kante.

the gana bashing is so bizarre.

Thats got to be the wind up post of the season! Chelsea fans who had just watched Kante be the best central midfielder of the season would have started Gana, who most had barely battered an eyelid about, ahead of him. 

Only on TT!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Kante was Walsh's second choice, after they missed out on Gana. Point still stands though 👍 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Chelsea could have gotten Kante or Gana. Walsh has nothing to do with it he wasnt at Chelsea.  Had Kante not gone, their fans were perfectly fine with Gana.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Thats got to be the wind up post of the season! Chelsea fans who had just watched Kante be the best central midfielder of the season would have started Gana, who most had barely battered an eyelid about, ahead of him. 

Only on TT!

If they hadn’t gotten Kante then Yes.  This is before they got kante, and They were linked to both, here’s from a fan site.  Read the comments below, 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/4/27/11516470/idrissa-gueye-aston-villa-transfer-rumors

overwhelming vote on the site says they would take Gana.

so much for a shit not top 6 player

29 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Chelsea could have gotten Kante or Gana. Walsh has nothing to do with it he wasnt at Chelsea.  Had Kante not gone, their fans were perfectly fine with Gana.

If they hadn’t gotten Kante then Yes.  This is before they got kante, and They were linked to both, here’s from a fan site.  Read the comments below, 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/4/27/11516470/idrissa-gueye-aston-villa-transfer-rumors

overwhelming vote on the site says they would take Gana.

so much for a shit not top 6 player

It's a fans site that we're asked a hypothetical question there's no evidence that Chelsea ever considered buying Gana, just because 950 Chelsea supporters said they'd like him doesn't make him a super star, unless of course you hang on everything that a few Chelsea supporters said, then crack on Mark we've all got our opinions and how we arrived at them.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

It's a fans site that we're asked a hypothetical question there's no evidence that Chelsea ever considered buying Gana, just because 950 Chelsea supporters said they'd like him doesn't make him a super star, unless of course you hang on everything that a few Chelsea supporters said, then crack on Mark we've all got our opinions and how we arrived at them.

But he said he was an option.

He then pointed out that the fans said they would have been happy to have him if they didn’t get Kante. He then backed it up with stats.... ahh I got it now.

You dont like stats as they are all lies. Flat earth and tin foil hats and stuff!

To be fair I think it’s best you face a TT committee as your recent suggestions seem a little loopy.

Baines, Jags, Keane and Mori will get us top six!

Gana isn’t good enough for this division!

Look both ways before crossing a road!

Actually the last one is good advice.

Absolute fuckin nonsense this gana stuff... cringeworthy. 

If we were to have a cull of the squad in the summer he would be nowhere near "get rid" status.  There are at least 7 players before him that need to go.

Should we get to the dizzy heights of top 4 he is still a squad player.  No manager worth his salt would get rid of a player you could bring on in the last 20 to see out a game.  When he has a partner/s in midfield who is doing their job he excels. If we are overrun then it' usually because leggy Rooney can't get about or schneiderlein is walking round or maybe tom is having one of those games....

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

That wasn't the point being debated.  The point was that Chelsea fans wanted gana before they signed kante

950 something Chelsea fans is a fair representation of 1000s world wide, Mark was saying Chelsea as in the club wanted to sign Gana 

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Absolute fuckin nonsense this gana stuff... cringeworthy. 

If we were to have a cull of the squad in the summer he would be nowhere near "get rid" status.  There are at least 7 players before him that need to go.

Should we get to the dizzy heights of top 4 he is still a squad player.  No manager worth his salt would get rid of a player you could bring on in the last 20 to see out a game.  When he has a partner/s in midfield who is doing their job he excels. If we are overrun then it' usually because leggy Rooney can't get about or schneiderlein is walking round or maybe tom is having one of those games....

But it’s never him, take your rose coloured I 💕  Gana glasses off your making feel sick 🤢🤮

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But it’s never him, take your rose coloured I 💕  Gana glasses off your making feel sick 🤢🤮

To be honest palfy the whole gana thing has become a bit of a joke now....  you and Pete in particular are desperately trying to justify your stance on him.

I was not lukakus biggest fan.... but ffs did that stop me giving him motm or praising him in those games where he was unplayable?   I used them as an example as to highlight what he did in those games that he tended not to do in others and why he frustrated me.

You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that he was a key player for villa... that he was superb in a balanced and functional midfield 3 where schneiderlein was arsed and Barry had something to offer. You can't even accept that sometimes very good players can get relegated cos the other 10 players may not be up to much. 

If we were man city fans discussing Fabian delph getting game time then fair enough..... but we are talking about a steady 7/10 player co finally getting slated when he plays with 5/10 teammates.

Ive had my say on this. The topic has become a joke and your credibility decreases with every post you make trying to justify your flimsy stance on him. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

But he said he was an option.

He then pointed out that the fans said they would have been happy to have him if they didn’t get Kante. He then backed it up with stats.... ahh I got it now.

You dont like stats as they are all lies. Flat earth and tin foil hats and stuff!

To be fair I think it’s best you face a TT committee as your recent suggestions seem a little loopy.

Baines, Jags, Keane and Mori will get us top six!

Gana isn’t good enough for this division!

Look both ways before crossing a road!

Actually the last one is good advice.

Err no it’s a forum with fans talking about what they witnessed with their own eyes..... a bit like ....

Doesnt matter.

Yes but it was never an official option from Chelsea just fans debating who had obviously been asked the question, Chelsea were and have never been remotely interested in signing Gana for obvious reasons he’s not good enough for Chelsea and he’s not good enough for any team that has desires to break into the top tier of the league.

Why am I loopy because I don’t follow what you and others think and I’m prepared to defend my stance, I agree my statements are there to promote debate and controversy why say something if it doesn’t provoke a reaction in someone else good or bad, if you have nothing interesting to say then don’t say it is my motto. 

Shukes you don’t really know me I’m not mad, I’m a self made man who was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, but I still had to network and entertain to build my business, if your a nutter people keep away and you can’t move forward, but if your not scared to say things that others would maybe shy away from in a way not to offend then people tend to want to be in your company and interact with you, which is luckily what happened to me 

But I’m not a nutter mate I don’t think Gana is good enough for this club, and wouldn’t the last view days have been less entertaining if I had 

Now I’ve got to shoot mate Hafnia is waiting for me fuck knows what he wants this time but he can be a bit of a pest when your trying to get on with some work. 

34 minutes ago, hafnia said:

To be honest palfy the whole gana thing has become a bit of a joke now....  you and Pete in particular are desperately trying to justify your stance on him.

I was not lukakus biggest fan.... but ffs did that stop me giving him motm or praising him in those games where he was unplayable?   I used them as an example as to highlight what he did in those games that he tended not to do in others and why he frustrated me.

You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that he was a key player for villa... that he was superb in a balanced and functional midfield 3 where schneiderlein was arsed and Barry had something to offer. You can't even accept that sometimes very good players can get relegated cos the other 10 players may not be up to much. 

If we were man city fans discussing Fabian delph getting game time then fair enough..... but we are talking about a steady 7/10 player co finally getting slated when he plays with 5/10 teammates.

Ive had my say on this. The topic has become a joke and your credibility decreases with every post you make trying to justify your flimsy stance on him. 

Haf I enjoy debating with you mate lets give it a rest for now I need to get a tender in the deadline is getting close and I don’t want to miss it, catch up laters. 

Palfy. 

I meant the loopy stuff as jest mate. Trying to have a bit of fun as we debate. Sorry I offended you, it wasn’t meant to.

Your totally entitled to your opinion, and if you see Gana differently, that’s fine. 

Your still wrong though you tin foiled lunatic!

Palfy. 

I meant the loopy stuff as jest mate. Trying to have a bit of fun as we debate. Sorry I offended you, it wasn’t meant to.

Your totally entitled to your opinion, and if you see Gana differently, that’s fine. 

Your still wrong though you tin foiled lunatic!

Cheers mate insult excepted😂 to be fair mate I wasn't really offended just more concerned that I came across as a complete fruit loop 🙈 sometimes being a bit tongue in cheek doesn't translate very well when posting, but I'm pleased were all good.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

No one said that in the first place!  Said he would start in a top 6 side.  

Mark it's all gone a bit Pete Tong mate we've all lost sight of or forgotten what the original debate was about, bar there's a few who don't rate Gana and a lot more that do, I think next season may shed a lot more light on who's right or wrong, fucking hope it's not me or Haf's gonna give me a right kicking.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Mark it's all gone a bit Pete Tong mate we've all lost sight of or forgotten what the original debate was about, bar there's a few who don't rate Gana and a lot more that do, I think next season may shed a lot more light on who's right or wrong, fucking hope it's not me or Haf's gonna give me a right kicking.

Verbal jousting.... no kicking. All peace and love here. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No one said that in the first place!  Said he would start in a top 6 side.  

Re-read the last line on your first paragraph of your post 30/4 @ 21.51.

Thinking about Chelsea though, I'd probably start Gana ahead of Bakayoko!