IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Watching the cup final so far, I can see what the Ps mean. Kante hardly passes forward. Whithorn the first ten minutes he has been caught out of position and had to foul twice.... proper shit he is. Not worth really calling him a professional footballer.

Gana actually looks better than him, that’s how bad he is. No idea how all the pundits, managers and fans are fooled by him.

🙈

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Watching the cup final so far, I can see what the Ps mean. Kante hardly passes forward. Whithorn the first ten minutes he has been caught out of position and had to foul twice.... proper shit he is. Not worth really calling him a professional footballer.

Gana actually looks better than him, that’s how bad he is. No idea how all the pundits, managers and fans are fooled by him.

I think he has been very good myself and getting better as the game goes on. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think he has been very good myself and getting better as the game goes on. 

He had two fouls in the first ten minutes due to being the wrong side. Apparently, that’s one of Gana faults.

The only difference I can see is that Kante doesn’t show for the ball as much as Gana does. This is due to there being obviously better technical players alongside him, but for Gana... it’s because he’s shit. Kante seems to be allowed because he plays for Chelsea. 

Honestly not seeing much difference between the two players. I can also honestly see things disappear over the horizon as well.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Kante hasn' been good at all.  Hazard on the other hand absolute class. 

He was my motm alongside Cahill and Azpilacueta. That second half from Kante was almost perfection. His positioning was almost faultless and he carried the ball well up the field when he had the chance and should have had an assist. 

Hazard was also very good but he was guilty of holding onto the ball too long on a couple of occasions. The only reason he didn' get motm in my eyes was because he was barely involved in the game. Not his fault, more his managers, but the other 3 had a hard 90 minutes and they had to grind out every minute. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Shukes what you've just said you've seen in Kante, if you multiply that by ten then your getting close to what I see in Gana most weeks.

Strange how opinions can be poles apart but I agree that Kante wasn't at his best 1st half but was in complete control 2nd half, give me Kante everyday of the week over Gana no brainer in my opinion mate.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Hazard is a complete different class. Such a strong player with an amazing centre of gravity.

Greedy bastard, tends to overdo it at times and should pass when other players are in better positions.

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Shukes what you've just said you've seen in Kante, if you multiply that by ten then your getting close to what I see in Gana most weeks.

Strange how opinions can be poles apart but I agree that Kante wasn't at his best 1st half but was in complete control 2nd half, give me Kante everyday of the week over Gana no brainer in my opinion mate.

Too late to get int into an argument nobody Kante win so I'm not Gana get into a discussion on it.  Hand me the Metaxa:P.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Kante is the better player I agree. Just don’t think he’s ten times better at all.

I just found it interesting how he was found in the same areas of the field as Gana and get back to make inpoertant tackles.... back... being the important factor. Yet Kante is classed as a top top player and Gana is classed as not even good enough to be professional.

But opinions are just that.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Kante is the better player I agree. Just don’t think he’s ten times better at all.

I just found it interesting how he was found in the same areas of the field as Gana and get back to make inpoertant tackles.... back... being the important factor. Yet Kante is classed as a top top player and Gana is classed as not even good enough to be professional.

But opinions are just that.

He will have to massively improve his game next season under the new manager who hopefully is going to want players who are comfortable on the ball and can deliver it with vision and speed, are we going to need a one dimensional player as Gana who just offers winning the ball and adds nothing else.

Yes if we plan to be dominated in possession stats by every team like last season, and then he didn't look good and every game was set up to suit his talents, I would say no if we plan to be the dominant team in possession, that will highlight how little he offers the team when they are in control of the ball, he will become obsolete, given him the opportunity to be involved in any build up play would be a disaster his passing is woeful and lacks vision, if we get the right manager with the right mix of players in I predict that Gana at best will be sat on the bench, we won't be able to shift him because of his long contract which is giving him about 50k a week more than he's worth, another fuck up from the season from hell.

And for all you Schneiderlin haters if things pan out as above I predict that Schneiderlin will be one of the best players next season.

I don’t think he has to improve massively for a new manager as managers seem to rate him much more highly than you do. There’s no need to try and convince me as I just simply see him in a different light, right or wrongly.

Its easy to predict players will be better than this season. I predict most of the team will play better the coming season than they did last.

The only thing I wish, is that we are hugely better next season than this.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

And for all you Schneiderlin haters if things pan out as above I predict that Schneiderlin will be one of the best players next season.

Until the going gets tough and he goes hiding again. 

IMO the only way either of these two should be getting a game is as a sole DM behind two more complete midfielders. If either of them is asked to play box to box (like Gana has) or asked to sit alongside each other, then we arent going into be in for great season.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Until the going gets tough and he goes hiding again. 

IMO the only way either of these two should be getting a game is as a sole DM behind two more complete midfielders. If either of them is asked to play box to box (like Gana has) or asked to sit alongside each other, then we arent going into be in for great season.

I couldn't agree more to have to 2 defensive midfielders out of 3 doesn't work, and why our last 2 managers have consistently gone for that formation is why we have had one of the worst records in the league when it comes to possession of the ball and attempts at goal.

I would go with Schneiderlin for this role every time he has far better positional sense, can read the game and is comfortable on the ball, and more importantly when playing out he has the vision and ability to deliver the ball, Gana possess none of the above, he's more likely to give the ball away than find a team mate.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Saw the special reserve on a shelf earlier but it was €67:huh:. Twelve star was €42. We'll bring home a bottle of five, lovely stuff!

Thing is Mike it won't taste the same when you drink it at home, it always taste better when your there because the holiday vibe and atmosphere always seem to heighten the taste of what ever local food and drink you have, which for what ever reason can't be replicated at home.

My advice drink it there😎

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thing is Mike it won't taste the same when you drink it at home, it always taste better when your there because the holiday vibe and atmosphere always seem to heighten the taste of what ever local food and drink you have, which for what ever reason can't be replicated at home.

My advice drink it there😎

Spot on that. Remember when I smoked I used to bring home loads of Bulgarian/Greek/Gambian smokes and they were like smoking charcoal:lol:.

Sadly almost done here so home on Wednesday, happily have another fortnight in Sept and have booked three weeks 2019 as well:).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Spot on that. Remember when I smoked I used to bring home loads of Bulgarian/Greek/Gambian smokes and they were like smoking charcoal:lol:.

Sadly almost done here so home on Wednesday, happily have another fortnight in Sept and have booked three weeks 2019 as well:).

Good on you mate, but do you ever get that feeling of wishing your life away, because you want your trips to come round quicker:blink:

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I couldn't agree more to have to 2 defensive midfielders out of 3 doesn't work, and why our last 2 managers have consistently gone for that formation is why we have had one of the worst records in the league when it comes to possession of the ball and attempts at goal.

I would go with Schneiderlin for this role every time he has far better positional sense, can read the game and is comfortable on the ball, and more importantly when playing out he has the vision and ability to deliver the ball, Gana possess none of the above, he's more likely to give the ball away than find a team mate.

I think they can both do that job just in polar opposite ways. It depends on what you like and want. 

As much as I have been critical of Gana, as a true DM (simply winning the ball back, covering between the CBs and stopping the counter before laying it off to more complete footballers around him to start moves) he is good enough, in fact from what I can remember of those occasions this season, he has been great. I just dont like seeing him being asked to do more than that. His positioning is off, he gets caught too high up the pitch and he isnt composed (for all that he has scored a couple of composed finishes this season).

I think this is the problem with gana that I see. Because the rest of the team is so impotent, they are expecting to be a box to box goal scoring midfielder, or assist machine. He’s not that type of player at all and it’s unfair to be labelled bad because of it.

P’s, I’m not saying your critique is that, as I believe you see him he way you describe. But I believe too much is expected from him from others at times. If he had a silky clever player alongside him, I feel he would shine.

21 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think this is the problem with gana that I see. Because the rest of the team is so impotent, they are expecting to be a box to box goal scoring midfielder, or assist machine. He’s not that type of player at all and it’s unfair to be labelled bad because of it.

P’s, I’m not saying your critique is that, as I believe you see him he way you describe. But I believe too much is expected from him from others at times. If he had a silky clever player alongside him, I feel he would shine.

This. Gana is a grafter and needs to play alongside a deep lying playmaker who actually can unlock the defense with forward passing and a creative 10 who can dribble and flow deeper if he needs to to get the ball from Gana

Problem is that Schneiderlin forgot how to play a forward pass last year and Sigurdsson/Rooney don't/didn't have the pace to flow more deep to retrieve the ball from Gana if he had won the ball and still get us up the pitch - Barkley would've been perfect for that.

4 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

This. Gana is a grafter and needs to play alongside a deep lying playmaker who actually can unlock the defense with forward passing and a creative 10 who can dribble and flow deeper if he needs to to get the ball from Gana

Problem is that Schneiderlin forgot how to play a forward pass last year and Sigurdsson/Rooney don't/didn't have the pace to flow more deep to retrieve the ball from Gana if he had won the ball and still get us up the pitch - Barkley would've been perfect for that.

I dont agree. If you play Gana as he should (ie a sitting DM) you cant play him alongside a DLP as that leave one player to get forward in a 3 man midfield. IMO thats too static and you then risk Gana becoming a box to box type player again. It took me longer than some to realise but Gana and Schneiderlin stifle each other. Neither particularly wants to play sideways but they are both in each others way. I think both players need more mobility around them so show their best form.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont agree. If you play Gana as he should (ie a sitting DM) you cant play him alongside a DLP as that leave one player to get forward in a 3 man midfield. IMO thats too static and you then risk Gana becoming a box to box type player again. It took me longer than some to realise but Gana and Schneiderlin stifle each other. Neither particularly wants to play sideways but they are both in each others way. I think both players need more mobility around them so show their best form.

Hooray nail on the head.

Then it comes down to who is the best equipped for that role, and for me it has to be Schneiderlin he is the more complete player, you can't just be a one trick pony you need a lot of facets to your game to play such a pivotal role.