IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

There's times when it's better than fookin about in your own area.

There was a 34 year old centre forward for Brighton who terrorised the Utd defence every time they sent it upfield ........ The outcome was a 3-2 win.

Oh you are going to hate it!! 

Stick with listening on the radio this season Bill. 

Loads of passing between the centre midfielders and the centre halves, order of the day under Marco with him wanting the possession game. 

7 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Bollocks!!!

You cannot put Gana in the same bracket as Schneiderlin when it comes to commitment. Schneiderlin proper ducked out when we needed him last season. Gana has his faults, but no way lacks commitment. The little bastard makes more tackles, interceptions, covers more ground, than most players in the team.

If you critics just stick to the plain raw facts about his play, you might find more people willing to listen. And less just wanting to sssh you down.

I just did. :)

1 hour ago, Btay said:

If Gana was as good at shooting/passing as some wished on here he would be playing for Barca/Real Madrid or the likes of them.

Exactly this, I would liking him to a midfield version of Niasse but for different reasons, Niasse's unorthodox style of play of headless running and hassling could on a occasions win you a game, where as Gana's headless running and hassling could stop you losing a game.

He's not a starter for me bring him on when we are struggling to contain the opposition and need to break their play up, but besides that I wouldn't want him anywhere near the pitch he is technically poor and adds nothing to the team when we are in control, no vision and no ability a midfield version of Niasse.

And that is not bollocks that is non fiction😉.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

One thing though, I couldn’t believe that free kick he played at the end the of Southampton game and turned the ball over for them to have a last ditch counter attack..

I noticed that as well. I'm a big supporter of Gana, but that was bad. 

It happens at 25.15. Look at that initial reaction and then compare the runs of him and Siggy to get back. He does get back into the box at the end but he is probably twice as quick. Siggy puts Davies to shame as well!

Interesting video that, look at 17.06 when Siggy should be playing an easy ball to Cenk to put him through. Cenk wasnt happy about it!

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It happens at 25.15. Look at that initial reaction and then compare the runs of him and Siggy to get back. He does get back into the box at the end but he is probably twice as quick. Siggy puts Davies to shame as well!

Interesting video that, look at 17.06 when Siggy should be playing an easy ball to Cenk to put him through. Cenk wasnt happy about it!

It’s always been his weakness, I have rarely saw him busting a gut to get back. This is what gives Kante the edge over him. Kante has a sprint or two in him.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Siggy has less distance to run and they cross the eighteen yard line at virtually exactly the same time, Siggy follows the ball and Gana is in position on the edge of the goal box before the cross is attempted; think if you compare them them there's little to choose myself. Certainly he fucked up the free kick but suggesting he didn't get back to play his part in putting things right just isn'tt true for me.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Siggy has less distance to run and they cross the eighteen yard line at virtually exactly the same time, Siggy follows the ball and Gana is in position on the edge of the goal box before the cross is attempted; think if you compare them them there's little to choose myself. Certainly he fucked up the free kick but suggesting he didn't get back to play his part in putting things right just isn'ttt true for me.

This definitely isnt the worst example but:

A. He takes the kick (for some reason) and he can see it going wrong before anyone.

B. He doesnt start running at any pace until the ball goes into their striker (not like its the last minute and that he had just dropped a bollock).

C. At the point the ball goes to Redmond (I think) Gana should just hare straight back through the middle of the pitch. Siggy at that point is trying to get to the man on the ball to slow them down. At the point Siggy puts in a challenge there is about 3 yards between them.

D. Look at the difference in effort between Siggy and Gana / Davies.

E. They do hit the box at the same time but Siggy has covered about 9-10 yards further (even when taking into account their starting positions) despite being slower (by a fair bit) and an attacking minded player who hadnt just given the ball away. 

Essentially my view is that Gana should have been the one beating Siggy to it. Then Davies should have beat Siggy to that position and then Siggy himself. I think Davies is probably slower than Siggy so he has a small excuse but I would imagine Gana is probably the fittest and probably the second fastest player on the team. I just find it maddening. He fucked up which is forgiveable but instead of trying to redeem himself he is content to let the others do it for him. Id expect that of our front 3 or 4 or maybe a young lad but not someone with his experience and attributes. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yeah because that's what he's been like week in week out for the last two years

But it does kind of prove the point that the team/players/player in question are capable of things that you keep banging on that he's incapable of because he's so crap. Can you not acknowledge the fact that it was a brilliant passage of play that yer man played a huge part in? Go on, you can do it (though I doubt Pete can:P).

The team have been shit week in week out for the last two years, not just individuals.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

But it does kind of prove the point that the team/players/player in question are capable of things that you keep banging on that he's incapable of because he's so crap. Can you not acknowledge the fact that it was a brilliant passage of play that yer man played a huge part in? Go on, you can do it (though I doubt Pete can:P).

Yes I can involving 6 players and the catalyst being Davies very good football, but more importantly you have never criticised him but have criticised others, and that unfair criticism of other players when he has been the weakest player on the pitch is what has kicked this whole Gana crap off again. 🙈😝

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not since yesterday anyway.

"Certainly he fucked up the free kick"

He did but why didn't you mention it at the time or comment on it, I'm sure if it was someone else you would have been right on it, sometimes you need to watch him with an open mind and then you might start to recognise that he does have frailties like others that you see.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

The team have been shit week in week out for the last two years, not just individuals.

First pass is too heavy and the play is saved by a great touch, does very well for the second part to recover it and then not dawdle move the ball forward. Third he isn'tt paying attention and misses the pass to him and then doesn't look at the options just plays it short to the closest player Sigurdssen who had two players up his arse and no option other than to send it to the touchline. He then has a very poor shot. 

1x very good - taking the ball down

2x basic - pass forward, and the short pass to Sigurdssen 

1x poor - shot

2x very poor - heavy pass, and not paying attention/poor positioning 

Looking forward to seeing Davies play with good movement from the attackers in front of him though. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He did but why didn't you mention it at the time or comment on it, I'm sure if it was someone else you would have been right on it, sometimes you need to watch him with an open mind and then you might start to recognise that he does have frailties like others that you see.

I have a long standing inability to watch a game late on when we're a single goal up; when Josh was here I'd pace in the next room listening to the commentary with half an ear. Now he's gone I turned off the stream and watched the BBC text so I had no idea it had happened at the time; I remember one time probably fifteen years back cycling round our pitch in a Glastonbury campsite when we were 1-0 up somewhere but under the cosh in the last few minutes. Had the radio on and listened to the commentators inflection every thirty seconds or so to see if we were hanging on; from memory it was somewhere like Bolton.

If I'd have seen it live I'd have said something (having said that I comment rarely during the match even when I'm watching because acestream doesn't minimise).

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

First pass is too heavy and the play is saved by a great touch, does very well for the second part to recover it and then not dawdle move the ball forward. Third he isn'ttt paying attention and misses the pass to him and then doesn't look at the options just plays it short to the closest player Sigurdssen who had two players up his arse and no option other than to send it to the touchline. He then has a very poor shot. 

1x very good - taking the ball down

2x basic - pass forward, and the short pass to Sigurdssen 

1x poor - shot

2x very poor - heavy pass, and not paying attention/poor positioning 

Looking forward to seeing Davies play with good movement from the attackers in front of him though. 

Predictable.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I have a long standing inability to watch a game late on when we're a single goal up; when Josh was here I'd pace in the next room listening to the commentary with half an ear. Now he's gone I turned off the stream and watched the BBC text so I had no idea it had happened at the time; I remember one time probably fifteen years back cycling round our pitch in a Glastonbury campsite when we were 1-0 up somewhere but under the cosh in the last few minutes. Had the radio on and listened to the commentators inflection every thirty seconds or so to see if we were hanging on; from memory it was somewhere like Bolton.

If I'd have seen it live I'd have said something (having said that I comment rarely during the match even when I'm watching because acestream doesn't minimise).

Ok Mike that's fair enough I can't dispute your reasoning for not mentioning it when it happened (but you need to seek some sort of therapy for what you have😉), but there are many more who treat Gana with unbalanced views when it comes to highlighting anything poor he does they lose the power to type, but when he occasionally does something of note they can't stop going on about how wonderful he is.

PeteO and myself are giving another view of him that a lot of you refuse to see or except, we are balancing the argument otherwise it would be one sided, we find ourselves in the position of the equaliser there are more of us that feel the same way but every time they come out with negative comments they get blasted by the Ganarites, where as me and PeteO aren't afraid to run the gauntlet of abuse for our beliefs, we are not sheep jumping to the tune of those who think they no it all which is why the flock find us so irritating🙊😝