IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

Personally, much like the Lukaku debate I used to partake in and most threads, I tend to focus on the good accepting that there will be bad elements when the player is doing well at his job. When he’s not playing well and still making mistakes, then I’ll start to comment   

Edit: So you’re saying that balancing out an uneven debate by being equally uneven (as you perceive it) makes a balanced argument, Palfy?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Personally, much like the Lukaku debate I used to partake in and most threads, I tend to focus on the good accepting that there will be bad elements when the player is doing well at his job. When he’s not playing well and still making mistakes, then I’ll start to comment   

Edit: So you’re saying that balancing out an uneven debate by being equally uneven (as you perceive it) makes a balanced argument, Palfy?

Yes it does balance it up I believe and so do others that he has more poor points to his game than good, where as you believe the opposite as you said you only focus on the good ignoring the bad and you aren't the only one when it comes to Gana.

It goes against everything I believe in that I should listen to all the good he does and gloss over all the bad, that's why I feel I'm giving the debate on his ability some balance, if he's done well I will say and if he's been poor I will say, it's an absolute farce that most do not acknowledge his poor performances or bad moments, but don't afford the same bias for other players.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Glad you brought Lukaku up.... I've missed the discussions on him! 😂

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes it does balance it up I believe and so do others that he has more poor points to his game than good, where as you believe the opposite as you said you only focus on the good ignoring the bad and you aren't the only one when it comes to Gana.

It goes against everything I believe in that I should listen to all the good he does and gloss over all the bad, that's why I feel I'm giving the debate on his ability some balance, if he's done well I will say and if he's been poor I will say, it's an absolute farce that most do not acknowledge his poor performances or bad moments, but don't afford the same bias for other players.

But you really do miss the point of people having an opinion.

Many a time people have said, they accept your opinion.

But you seem to think everyone refuses to see your and Petes views..... your just plain wrong Palfy. We see your point of view, we just do t see it that way on the pitch when we watch him. Just because you have a different view, doesnt make everyone else biased or wrong. It just means they see it differently.

There are an absolute load of posts here from people admitting he has faults, in fact I think I posted about him never sprinting back before you or Pete even started in this thread. But many people’s opinions are that his faults are minor compared to his strengths. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

So by that reasoning you recognise that your own opinion is completely OTT (in the idea of “balance”)? Glad that’s clear. 

I also didn’t say I ignore, I said I accept there will be mistakes but concentrate on the positive. I think that’s a better way to support. When people deserve the flack, I’ll go flat out and call them on it, but it’s when there’s few, if any positives, or ever has been, vs a prolonged shitstorm. 

Let's make one huge thing clear between lukaku and gana.

Gana loves the shirt, he plays for the team, he is spot on in his attitude, he doesn't talk himself up, he doesn't talk to the press about what the manager should be doing. 

Lukaku was no where near the level he thought he was at and never will be.  A good finisher , great athlete with poor all round football ability and an attitude that will no doubt be more visible this year after his honeymoon. 

The performance Tosun gave against wolves and Southampton is something you could never expect from lukaku.  Cenk is an attacking midfielders dream. 

Thanks for posting the twitter video, i missed the match as we're away, but I don't think we ever saw the ball moved with such confidence at any point last season, regardless of people's opinions on individual players, we are clearly playing with attacking football confidence and as a team. That I can live with after the dross of last season.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Let's make one huge thing clear between lukaku and gana.

Gana loves the shirt, he plays for the team, he is spot on in his attitude, he doesn't talk himself up, he doesn't talk to the press about what the manager should be doing. 

Lukaku was no where near the level he thought he was at and never will be.  A good finisher , great athlete with poor all round football ability and an attitude that will no doubt be more visible this year after his honeymoon. 

The performance Tosun gave against wolves and Southampton is something you could never expect from lukaku.  Cenk is an attacking midfielders dream. 

The comment was more about the debate than a comparison of players 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.football365.com/news/the-perfect-premier-league-xi-of-the-season-so-far-2

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER: Idrissa Gueye
Criteria: Tackles, interceptions

There are four defensive midfielders who feature in the top ten of Premier League players with most interceptions and most successful tackles per 90 minutes. They are – in reverse order – Brighton’s Dale Stephens (benefiting from those new Brighton tactics), Arsenal’s new action man Matteo Guendouzi, Watford’s haphazard Etienne Capoue and Everton’s Idrissa Gueye, taking on the mantle of the Premier League’s leading defensive midfielder now N’Golo Kante has moved further up the Chelsea pitch. Add goal threat as a criteria, and he would have serious competition from Fulham’s Jean-Michael Seri.

Really hope he's fit to play at the weekend

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many would he have had to make if he was in position? 

His psychic powers must've been off, those damn opposition players rarely give you a diagram of exactly where they're going to pass the ball pre-game the cheating bastards; makes you have to track it down.

On 30/09/2018 at 13:12, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah but he's shit! He can't ping 30 yard passes all day like Rooney in his prime. So he's just shit.

And...and...and...he only makes those tackles cos he's out of position...even though the tackles are made in position...but he's out of position...and he's shit...he can't pass...80 something % pass accuracy...???...yeah but there not 30 yard worldies with his heel...so they don't count...cos he's shiiiiiiiitzzzz.