IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

56 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your not thinking right though Newty!

Didnt you see how shit he was? That’s why we conceded so many goals! It’s ok being good at your job, but if your not saving shots as well.... then your shit!

Yeah he's shit. Should be marking at least 3 players on every corner. The tallest players too.

42 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think it’s a lot to do with he doesn’t need another holding midfielder clogging up the middle. He is that good at what he does. Let’s hope he cracks on. 

this for me too.  davies and gylfi play more advanced and can help defensively but gana has room to roam and intercept.  

The third goal against Fulham kinda sums him up for me. Tried something, made a mistake but then instantly tracks back, wins the ball back and plays the ball forward early to Bernard. He's not perfect, but the few errors he makes he makes up for many times over by his application and forward play.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

He should have fouled there player when they broke for their goal today- Davies had the insight to do it afterwards, it was sloppy from him to be fair- basic stuff, foul him and take the yellow.

I thought the same in real time but then watching the replay I thought that he wasn't in a position to do it. Nor sure whether my first or second instinct was right, MOTD will decide.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

What does he know.... he's a footy manager. Worst player to wear a blue shirt. 

Back to his usual self today 1 decent game doesn’t make a season as I think was proven today, he needs to be more consistent from game to game but alas he isn’t  

So let’s hope we get Gomes and McCathy fit in the hope they are consistent from game to game we know what the latter when fit can bring and we need it  

53 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Back to his usual self today 1 decent game doesn’t make a season as I think was proven today, he needs to be more consistent from game to game but alas he isn’t  

So let’s hope we get Gomes and McCathy fit in the hope they are consistent from game to game we know what the latter when fit can bring and we need it  

I've got nothing to debate as I missed all bar 15 minutes or so of the game.

If he was poor then fine.... I'm ok with that.  I just know he's been good for more than just one game. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I thought the same in real time but then watching the replay I thought that he wasn't in a position to do it. Nor sure whether my first or second instinct was right, MOTD will decide.

I think he was actually doing his best to commit the foul against their man tbh. He was nowhere near able to get to any of them once they broke. 

The culprits for that goal were Bernard, Kenny and Pickford. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I think he was actually doing his best to commit the foul against their man tbh. He was nowhere near able to get to any of them once they broke. 

The culprits for that goal were Bernard, Kenny and Pickford. 

Just watched it and I agree, not his best game for us but he gets no blame for their goal imo.

55 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I've got nothing to debate as I missed all bar 15 minutes or so of the game.

If he was poor then fine.... I'm ok with that.  I just know he's been good for more than just one game. 

He wasn’t poor at all. Palfy just saw someone post something negative and jumped on it..... just like he also knows it wasn’t just one game but the last three before today.

But deflection is a good tactic for the uninitiated. 

Forgets he’s on TT sometimes does our Palf!

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

My instinct is that he should have done more. He seemed slow to react when the fella was on the floor.

I have only seen it once though.

I think he thought he could take the ball away without fouling, but then that leg swings out and gets the ball away.

He should have made sure. A foul there, and there was no attack.

But as others have said, the other players involved were more at fault. Bernard was naive for the premier league there. Pickford was disappointing. Kenny was... well panicked and shown up.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think he thought he could take the ball away without fouling, but then that leg swings out and gets the ball away.

He should have made sure. A foul there, and there was no attack.

But as others have said, the other players involved were more at fault. Bernard was naive for the premier league there. Pickford was disappointing. Kenny was... well panicked and shown up.

I agree, regardless of whether Gana was or wasnt at fault the 3 others will take a big chunk of the blame too. Shocking goal to concede really as 4 players had a chance to intervene! 

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

He wasn’t poor at all. Palfy just saw someone post something negative and jumped on it..... just like he also knows it wasn’t just one game but the last three before today.

But deflection is a good tactic for the uninitiated. 

Forgets he’s on TT sometimes does our Palf!

The last 3 before today your very Initiated Shukes he was appalling against West Ham 4/10 with most journalists, but he’s like fucking Teflon to the “initiated” is that the new term for people who receive care in the community programs 😀

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The last 3 before today your very Initiated Shukes he was appalling against West Ham 4/10 with most journalists, but he’s like fucking Teflon to the “initiated” is that the new term for people who receive care in the community programs 😀

Along with about seven others.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Along with about seven others.

Maybe but my point being he wasn’t good in his last 3 games before the Leicester game as stated by the initiated, and if my memory serves me right no one scored lower and only 1 or 2 scored the same, but like I said he’s fucking Teflon. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Maybe but my point being he wasn’t good in his last 3 games before the Leicester game as stated by the initiated, and if my memory serves me right no one scored lower and only 1 or 2 scored the same, but like I said he’s fucking Teflon. 

Take it you do t rate him then?

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Haha typo. Bloody IPhone corrections.

im sure I meant informed, or educated, even... no it was initiated ... but that was hours ago, it could have been anything. Yes three games before today was the polar of your “one game” but that’s ok in the Gana thread isn’t it... where reality doesn’t matter at all.

You know, the reality where the manager, that you were so cock sure was going to drop Gana and play Morgan.... has even stayed several times how important he is to the team, and that he has been playing so well, that he has tinkered the team tactics to suit. 

But as I said.... reality isn’t for this thread is it 😉

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

So your point is that he was one of the better on the pitch at West Ham? Ok I’m ok with that.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Take it you do t rate him then?

I don’t really rate our midfield to be honest when him and Schneiderlin are no longer in we will be a far better team for it, what concerns me is the adulation he receives week in week out to me that’s the scale of our low we have fallen in the last couple of years that people see him as this player who is going to take us forward, were as I see a player who is holding us back why because he simply isn’t good enough