duncanmckenzieismagic

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

City scored 3 from them today.. 

They are a bit of an anomoly. They dont cross from positions most teams do and Arsenal arent exactly organised. In fact at times in that second half they were shambolic.

Only caught the second city goal were Gundogan was central just outside the area and put in a chipped ball to Sterling on the edge of the six yard box who then squared it across goal to Aguero. Lovely goal but not your typical goal from a cross, in which I mean ones from closer to the corner flag where the opposition have been forced out wide. 

Love it Bailey... a statistical fact. 

You dont play football at all do you haha.

Or... you have no idea what an actual fact is. 

Fact... they didn’t score when we had ten men.

Fact... they didn’t score when we had Eleven men.

Those are facts. Your SSN nonsense isn’t factual at all, not in the slightest. Again... what I’m saying is FACT!  seriously, cut this rubbish out. Offer your opinion, but please accept that that is what it is.

They did play through the middle. I watched it with my own eyes and again in the highlights this morning. I struggle to see how you can watch them play the ball in the middle of the park, look up, play it out to the wing, which results in a cross and header on goal.... and still say it didn’t come from the middle.

You probably are one of those that went on about Baines assists, but never recognised the assist from Pienaar as he didn’t play the last ball in. Again, this is why I question your actual playing knowledge against a watching fan. 

It’s not all about the final ball Bailey. That’s the black and white SSN stat for you. 

No point discussing anymore, you don’t see it my way, and i definitely will never see it your way.... I pray. Let’s just accept we see this one differently haha. 

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Love it Bailey... a statistical fact. 

You dont play football at all do you haha.

Or... you have no idea what an actual fact is. 

Fact... they didn’t score when we had ten men.

Fact... they didn’t score when we had Eleven men.

Those are facts. Your SSN nonsense isn’t factual at all, not in the slightest. Again... what I’m saying is FACT!  seriously, cut this rubbish out. Offer your opinion, but please accept that that is what it is.

They did play through the middle. I watched it with my own eyes and again in the highlights this morning. I struggle to see how you can watch them play the ball in the middle of the park, look up, play it out to the wing, which results in a cross and header on goal.... and still say it didn’t come from the middle.

You probably are one of those that went on about Baines assists, but never recognised the assist from Pienaar as he didn’t play the last ball in. Again, this is why I question your actual playing knowledge against a watching fan. 

It’s not all about the final ball Bailey. That’s the black and white SSN stat for you. 

No point discussing anymore, you don’t see it my way, and i definitely will never see it your way.... I pray. Let’s just accept we see this one differently haha. 

No Shukes you arent getting this pal. My OPINION is that their best chance was when we were down to 11 men. To back up my OPINION, I did some research and that research puts a value to the statistical probability of scoring a goal from that position of the pitch and those chances were Mooy's free-kick and the header which Pickford saved. This isn'tt an opinion, its not on SSN on a playstation or whatever else you want to use to dismiss it as. They were less likely to score from all the chances they had before the sending off compared to after it.

The highlights are out there, none of the chances come from the middle of the park. We actually push the play out wide and then the cross comes in. Their best chance came as a result of Kenny being beaten and Coleman dropping off his marker not because of any weakness in the middle of the park, even though we were down to 10 men.

No I am not and have never been so dont just start throwing random stuff in that isnt even true which has nothing to do with this discussion. As an example you can look at the talk about Siggy where I am saying that our best play goes through him. No talk of assists, goals or anything else.

I find it funny that you question my playing history when you are the one who thinks everything is dangerous. I would guess you were of an attacking mindset or you played for a team that didn't have to do much defending!

Its a strange one, because I have normally thought that we see things in a similar way but we are poles apart on this. Have a good night!

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly, this is my point. You know your game. 

you let teams play through the middle and get the ball into the box, it’s a lottery. Make them play wide, and your negating their ability. 

Against Huddersfield we let them have possession in the middle. Recipe for disaster against better teams.

Shukes I'm confused. Do you agree the centre mids done their jobs forcing Huddersfield out wide? 

Bailey I’m sorry, but you can’t put a scientific equation into the game of football, it doesn’t work like that. I have even started looking at these stats you use just to see what the crack is. And so far as I have seen, each one has been wrong. 

I ask you, what was the probability that Crystal Palace werbefoi g to shoot against Liverpool, the shot weak and looking like a routine pick up for the goalkeeper, the ball hit a ballon, and go in? This is football and mathematical equations don’t work.... as shown in the gambling world. 

Not sure how we can push them wide from a central position and a cross comes in, and still not accept that the play started from the middle. If they lose possession and we give it back on the wings, I agree. But if they keep possession and work it to the wing and get that cross in, then just maybe, that’s good play from them. Just like Pickford throwing the ball out to a player who runs up the wing, crosses the ball in, and we score. The goal came from our goalkeeper throwing the ball out and creating a chance. 

You might have me on the next one. And that’s got me thinking to be fair. I was a very attacking player and played for a team that had a lot of success, and maybe this is why i see it differently. If I had recieved the ball inside the box, i would be in with a chance... in my head at least haha. To me, those situations can easily swing from the players flight it up (as they did) to a little lay off, and a goal. Just like the crosses they put into the six yard box hat no one got on the end off. If a striker reads those, it’s easily a different story. But your right, they didn’t and it wasn’t. Maybe I’m overthinking it all.

Sorry if I am being argumentative again. Got caught up in the moment and acted like a dick. Sorry Bailey. Having a bad weekend just isn’t the right excuse to go off on one.

19 hours ago, pete0 said:

Shukes I'm confused. Do you agree the centre mids done their jobs forcing Huddersfield out wide? 

PeteO I’ve confused myself and not sure what I am saying. 

I think I’m looking to deeply into this and trying to analyse what’s going wrong, when I’m a builder, not a football manager haha. 

As Bailey has pointed out, I do look at it from an attacking mindset. I know that if a player lets me have the ball in the middle of the park, I’m going to cause havoc. If the push me out wide, it’s limiting my vision and range.

I do think we have them far too much of the ball in the middle. But accept that. It’s just my opinion.

18 hours ago, Shukes said:

Bailey I’m sorry, but you can’t put a scientific equation into the game of football, it doesn’t work like that. I have even started looking at these stats you use just to see what the crack is. And so far as I have seen, each one has been wrong. 

I ask you, what was the probability that Crystal Palace werbefoi g to shoot against Liverpool, the shot weak and looking like a routine pick up for the goalkeeper, the ball hit a ballon, and go in? This is football and mathematical equations don’t work.... as shown in the gambling world. 

Not sure how we can push them wide from a central position and a cross comes in, and still not accept that the play started from the middle. If they lose possession and we give it back on the wings, I agree. But if they keep possession and work it to the wing and get that cross in, then just maybe, that’s good play from them. Just like Pickford throwing the ball out to a player who runs up the wing, crosses the ball in, and we score. The goal came from our goalkeeper throwing the ball out and creating a chance. 

You might have me on the next one. And that’s got me thinking to be fair. I was a very attacking player and played for a team that had a lot of success, and maybe this is why i see it differently. If I had recieved the ball inside the box, i would be in with a chance... in my head at least haha. To me, those situations can easily swing from the players flight it up (as they did) to a little lay off, and a goal. Just like the crosses they put into the six yard box hat no one got on the end off. If a striker reads those, it’s easily a different story. But your right, they didn’t and it wasn’t. Maybe I’m overthinking it all.

Sorry if I am being argumentative again. Got caught up in the moment and acted like a dick. Sorry Bailey. Having a bad weekend just isn’t the right excuse to go off on one.

Dont be silly mate, its all good :) im enjoying it actually.

Just to pick up on the example, the probability is based on having a shot in that position and the circumstances of that shot, not what happens after ie pinged or daisy cutter.

In the next point you could argue every attack will come from the centre at some point. The whole point is funnelling the play away from the 18 yard box. At one stage its guarenteed every goal will come through the middle in your definition.

The next bit probably sums up why we have such different views. I have been a defender or keeper in good and bad teams and I know what its like when you have a fellow defender you are on the same wavelength with and one that just follows the ball (probably also explains my frustration with Gana). Would be good fun if we played 1 v 1. You would always expect to score and I would always expect to stop it, whether thats 30 yards out or in my own box. Its only a chance if you beat me ;)

I do see what you mean. But I would say that it’s a tactic for some teams to work the ball through the middle, then switch play to the wings and try and get a ball in. Something I think we don’t do enough off. 

Not many teams have the players with the ability to thread balls brought the middle, most have to work the wings. 

Maybe we should organise a TT five a side day haha. Would be fun watching all the players... that used to be good. 

I’m one of them by the way. My head still knows what to do, my body just doesn’t keep up with it. The amount of visions I have pinging one into the top corner, only to see it sail for a throw in. Must be the standard of the balls they use nowadays.

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not many teams have the players with the ability to thread balls brought the middle, most have to work the wings. 

This is exactly why I don't like Gana in midfield. With him out of position it ever team manages to get through our middle. 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/idrissa-gueye-i-was-ready-for-psg/

“They put the brakes on immediately,” he explained to L’Equipe, as cited by Get French Football News. 

“I pushed. I told the club I wanted to take this golden opportunity to go to Paris. A huge challenge, especially at the age of 29.

“It is a dream that sadly did not come true.

“Even player works to join the best teams, to play in such matches in the Champions’ League. But I was honoured that PSG were interested in me.

“Now, I know that I am of interest to these types of clubs, that I am ready to go to the final level to join a top European club. I am going to work even more so that they come back to me. Maybe it is not finished with PSG”.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Great to hear attitudes like that. If only we had more like him.

Gana, you sound like myself, always strive to be the best you can be. Hats off!

Read it properly Shukes he's now decided to try his hardest since in his words teams like PSG might be interested in him in the hope he can fuck off at the end of the season to join one of them, well he can fuck off not a problem Gana go your not needed go and stunt someone else we've had our share of going no where with you in the team the last two and a half years.

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Read it properly Shukes he's now decided to try his hardest since in his words teams like PSG might be interested in him in the hope he can fuck off at the end of the season to join one of them, well he can fuck off not a problem Gana go your not needed go and stunt someone else we've had our share of going no where with you in the team the last two and a half years.

Read it properly Palf, without your hatred glasses on. He’s a player who wants to play top level football and has said that he will work harder to fulfil his dream.

Just like many before him and I’m 100% sure many after him.

Dont get me wrong, as I’ve said in the Gana thread, if he wants to go, then let him go. But if he’s professional about it and works while he’s here, then treat him so.

Im not the type to beat someone with a stick, because I can. I only do it when they deserve it.

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Oh come on Pete , first you say he’s crap and non of the big boys would be interested in him, in come PSG and you say it’s all paper talk, then they put 2 bids in and so you question his attitude , intimating that he would throw his toys out of the pram and sulk, because he wanted to go. He comes out says he will knuckle down and work even harder in the hope they come back in and you are now trying to make that into a negative 

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Oh come on Pete , first you say he’s crap and non of the big boys would be interested in him, in come PSG and you say it’s all paper talk, then they put 2 bids in and so you question his attitude , intimating that he would throw his toys out of the pram and sulk, because he wanted to go. He comes out says he will knuckle down and work even harder in the hope they come back in and you are now trying to make that into a negative 

Yes it would seem I don't rate him what a pity must be very upsetting for you dinc.

And I positively want him to go walk out the door don't turn around he's not welcome anymore, nothing negative in that I want what he wants I'm being positively happy for him.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Yes it would seem I don't rate him what a pity must be very upsetting for you dinc.

And I positively want him to go walk out the door don't turn around he's not welcome anymore, nothing negative in that I want what he wants I'm being positively happy for him.

Been listening to a disco classic I feel there Palf, winding up the wick on the ghetto blaster....

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Great to hear attitudes like that. If only we had more like him.

Gana, you sound like myself, always strive to be the best you can be. Hats off!

If only we had a full squad of players that wanted to leave! What a team we would have! 

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Been listening to a disco classic I feel there Palf, winding up the wick on the ghetto blaster....

Yes Mike love a bit of Whitney when I'm driving from one meeting to another just helps me to whined down after my beating with a big stick in preparation for my next beating, actually it might pay for me to listen to her just before I post about Gana Silva and Moshiri maybe just maybe I might be able to keep my anger towards them in check.

So thank you for posting her on this thread it will be a kindly reminder for me to have a listen and calm down.

All the best Pete😝

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Are you taking the piss or being serious ?

It's true though he may harbour those thoughts lots of players do but they don't air them in public in such a crass way, we want players who want to play for us who try their hardest for us not because they want to get away from us, the article was the ramblings of a bitter man.

And what annoys me more is where is this extra effort coming from that he obviously had and never gave us until PSG were interested in him, your the one taking the piss if you think that's a good article for an Everton supporter to have to endure.

And Shukes if you are like Gana and want leave and support a better club then go no one is stopping you, because in essence that is exactly what he's saying and you agree with him because he sounds exactly like you, well bye mate I don't think red will suit your eyes so stick to their away kit, now I'm off to listen to Dr Mike's Whitney post and calm myself down😉

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That last paragraph was a dick thing to say mate. Not like you, I’m guessing either ale or a bad day haha.

😂 gotcha hook line and sinker I owed you that one mate it's taken a while to get you to bite, and you being the master of the whined up merchants must concede you took the bait😂

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It's true though he may harbour those thoughts lots of players do but they don't air them in public in such a crass way, we want players who want to play for us who try their hardest for us not because they want to get away from us, the article was the ramblings of a bitter man.

And what annoys me more is where is this extra effort coming from that he obviously had and never gave us until PSG were interested in him, your the one taking the piss if you think that's a good article for an Everton supporter to have to endure.

And Shukes if you are like Gana and want leave and support a better club then go no one is stopping you, because in essence that is exactly what he's saying and you agree with him because he sounds exactly like you, well bye mate I don't think red will suit your eyes so stick to their away kit, now I'm off to listen to Dr Mike's Whitney post and calm myself down😉

I think you are just reading in to it what you want to fuel your agenda. You implied that he would down tools and sulk ybecause he didn’t gets his move, the article proves otherwise 

Yes in an ideal world I would want a squad full of players whose burning desire is to play for Everton, but let’s be realistic he is 29 years old and one of the best club sides in the world came knocking , I would be more worried about his ambition if he didn’t want to go

I want all of our players to have a desire to reach the top, as long as they give their all when they pull on an Everton shirt I’m happy with that 

A player bought from the French league being wanted by the biggest club In that league and one of the biggest in Europe....  playing in the capital of the country of the language he speaks....

understandable that he would fancy the move. He didn't submit a request, he didn't go on strike, he will play like he always does - with full commitment. 

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Are you taking the piss or being serious ?

I know that players want to be at the top of their game. If I played for Everton and a huge club came in for me of course I would go, as would 99% of people. 

But for him to come out after the window shuts and publicise his disappointment at the club not letting him go is utterly disrespectful towards the club and the fans - especially when he decided he didn't want to lose all his bonuses so he wrote a little letter to the board rather than submitting an official transfer request. If he wanted to go, submit a request. Don't moan about it when the club refuse to let you go. 

I didn't have him down as that sort of person to be honest. 

35 minutes ago, hafnia said:

A player bought from the French league being wanted by the biggest club In that league and one of the biggest in Europe....  playing in the capital of the country of the language he speaks....

understandable that he would fancy the move. He didn't submit a request, he didn't go on strike, he will play like he always does - with full commitment. 

But your missing the point he said he’s going to try harder giving more to get that move, he should have always been trying harder and giving more before there was a hint of a move not highlighting it now to a French rag, he’s effectively saying he’s got more in the tank is that bit he’s not been giving us before the talk of wanting to leave, that’s Lukaku talk I’m afraid end of he’s admitted he can do better and he’s only going to show it so he can get away well with my blessing Gona you can fuck off horrible little twat I didn’t dislike him as person before now I do. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think you are just reading in to it what you want to fuel your agenda. You implied that he would down tools and sulk ybecause he didn’t gets his move, the article proves otherwise 

Yes in an ideal world I would want a squad full of players whose burning desire is to play for Everton, but let’s be realistic he is 29 years old and one of the best club sides in the world came knocking , I would be more worried about his ambition if he didn’t want to go

I want all of our players to have a desire to reach the top, as long as they give their all when they pull on an Everton shirt I’m happy with that 

Fuck right off I said I hope he doesn’t down tools and throw his dummy out the pram if he doesn’t get his move and this article is very much dummy out the pram. 

So what because he’s 29 we should a accep the shit he’s coming out with, I don’t expect players to come here and publicly say they want to leave for better things, I didn’t like it in the last few years when Fellani Stones Lukaku and Barkley forced their move to so called bigger better clubs, you might feel what he said is acceptable l don’t, that was said to rock the boat to make it very clear he wants out, and what grinds me more is he’s the worst mid here and he’s publicly saying he’s to good for us. 

You tell me why you believe that’s a good article for Everton that a player can sell a story like that, then you are defending it like a badge of honour wise up mate he’s fucking sticking the knife in are you that blind you can’t see it. 

He’s paying lip service to PSG in the hope they come back for him. 

I’ve no issue with this. Most players who are going to sign for Everton will be for one of two things, the chance to show they can play for a better club or for the money. I expect most players to want both of them things. 

Look at all the lads at City, think any of them want to play for Manchester City? Or just like the fat pay cheque and the chance to win things? That could be any club, if it all goes to plan under Moshiri that could be our club. 

Players don’t care. They want to win football matches and get laid a fuck load of money. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

He’s paying lip service to PSG in the hope they come back for him. 

I’ve no issue with this. Most players who are going to sign for Everton will be for one of two things, the chance to show they can play for a better club or for the money. I expect most players to want both of them things. 

Look at all the lads at City, think any of them want to play for Manchester City? Or just like the fat pay cheque and the chance to win things? That could be any club, if it all goes to plan under Moshiri that could be our club. 

Players don’t care. They want to win football matches and get laid a fuck load of money. 

Yes but it’s not acceptable to say that in public it’s a slur on us that he is saying he is focused on going there, if we accept and allow players to say what he said we are just accepting we are a feeder club for the bigger clubs. 

The fact that I want him to go does not make it anymore acceptable that he is belittling us to get his move, I know one thing he wouldn’t have the bollocks to say that in the echo or match program, if you find it acceptable great I have no idea why anyone who supports Everton would none at all. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

But your missing the point he said he’s going to try harder giving more to get that move, he should have always been trying harder and giving more before there was a hint of a move not highlighting it now to a French rag, he’s effectively saying he’s got more in the tank is that bit he’s not been giving us before the talk of wanting to leave, that’s Lukaku talk I’m afraid end of he’s admitted he can do better and he’s only going to show it so he can get away well with my blessing Gona you can fuck off horrible little twat I didn’t dislike him as person before now I do. 

Try harder? I don't think his efforts ever been lacking. If he was strolling round then decided to play for a move fair enough but he is and always has been fully committed. 

Him moving at a good price at a time when we have planned to replace him is best for all parties. 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Try harder? I don't think his efforts ever been lacking. If he was strolling round then decided to play for a move fair enough but he is and always has been fully committed. 

Him moving at a good price at a time when we have planned to replace him is best for all parties. 

But as supporters and as a club we can not accept players selling stories like that, for me it’s unwanted and uncalled for I find  it disrespectful for him to try and force his move in that way, and if he plays against Cardiff I hope he gets the shit reception here clearly deserves for the crap 💩 he didn’t need to come out with. 

Your slowly turning what he’s said though Palfy. He hasn’t said anywhere he doesn’t want to play for us. He hasn’t said he isn’t putting effort into us, or hasn’t been. He hasn’t said he’s desperate to leave.

He has said he wanted to go, he had said he is flattered that clubs like that are interested in him. He has said it makes him want to work even harder to achieve his dreams.

Anyone in any walk of life who doesn’t strive to be better, or work harder, lacks ambition for me. Yes there are some who have achieved the ultimate peak..... but those are a very limited few.

Your slowly twisting his quote into something else. 

I do agree with you though that players should never open there mouth about wanting to play for other teams. Or at least should add a “But I’m here now and will work my hardest to achieve success for x team”.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Your slowly turning what he’s said though Palfy. He hasn’t said anywhere he doesn’t want to play for us. He hasn’t said he isn’t putting effort into us, or hasn’t been. He hasn’t said he’s desperate to leave.

He has said he wanted to go, he had said he is flattered that clubs like that are interested in him. He has said it makes him want to work even harder to achieve his dreams.

Anyone in any walk of life who doesn’t strive to be better, or work harder, lacks ambition for me. Yes there are some who have achieved the ultimate peak..... but those are a very limited few.

Your slowly twisting his quote into something else. 

I do agree with you though that players should never open there mouth about wanting to play for other teams. Or at least should add a “But I’m here now and will work my hardest to achieve success for x team”.

Don’t forget “I’m going to work even more” which means he wasn’t working to his max before until he new someone else wanted him, I don’t need to here that from any player who plays for us what a fucking arsehole, why not try harder to get this team in a better position I’ve never heard him say I’m going to work even more because I want Everton to be successful, he just said it because he wants to leave in the summer god I wish I was the manager he would soon become the forgotten man under me for his treacherous statement. 

Haha it’s different for me. I’m human. I often think I hints like that. I also have children which makes a difference, I try to bring them up to always strive for more and better.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Don't agree at all.

Whatever you think of his ability his work rate is unquestionable; saying "I'm going to work even more" is just a platitude that might even have been have been hyped up in translation. He's a French speaker firstly giving an interview in French to a French publication about a French club after all, quite likely they've picked and chosen their quotes. Would never happen in the supremely unbiased British press obviously.

And it was Gloria Gaynor. 

That’s looking for excuses for someone who has shown utter disrespect for this club, if anyone who worked in my business spoke publicly in them terms I would make their lives hell. 

There are lines you don’t cross and things you shouldn’t say for public consumption when you are in the employment of someone else, unless your motive is to cause trouble for the company you are with in the hope it will get you to were you want to be. 

And I know the words I quoted were in part taken from I will survive from Gloria Gaynor, I only said I liked a bit of Whitney after you posted I will always love you 😘 Newport just hit the post. No it was a save at the post. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Haha it’s different for me. I’m human. I often think I hints like that. I also have children which makes a difference, I try to bring them up to always strive for more and better.

I’ve got children Shukes and my eighth grandchild is due in a couple of weeks my eldest grandson is an Aprentice in my company, I want my kids and grandchildren to do well to achieve their dreams and goals in life, but what I wouldn’t want to see them do is be disrespectful to the company they are working for by publicly saying they want to go and work for another company, you can have ambition with out showing that you've got no morals respect or class. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s looking for excuses for someone who has shown utter disrespect for this club, if anyone who worked in my business spoke publicly in them terms I would make their lives hell. 

There are lines you don’t cross and things you shouldn’t say for public consumption when you are in the employment of someone else, unless your motive is to cause trouble for the company you are with in the hope it will get you to were you want to be. 

And I know the words I quoted were in part taken from I will survive from Gloria Gaynor, I only said I liked a bit of Whitney after you posted I will always love you 😘 Newport just hit the post. No it was a save at the post. 

I don’t think you can relate premier league football to anything business wise. It’s a whole different stratosphere. It’s all well and good saying “in my line of work this wouldn’t happen” no it wouldn’t and you wouldn’t be getting £400k a week like Aaron Ramsey is for example. This whole gana thing is so tedious I don’t know why u don’t both just organise a “straightener”  and be done with it. I’ve no problem with gana saying that. Like others have said his application has never been the issue, quality maybe but I’ve no doubt he will put as much graft in if not more than the rest of the team. The opportunity to play against Barca, Madrid etc for a french lad must be great for him. 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t think you can relate premier league football to anything business wise. It’s a whole different stratosphere. It’s all well and good saying “in my line of work this wouldn’t happen” no it wouldn’t and you wouldn’t be getting £400k a week like Aaron Ramsey is for example. This whole gana thing is so tedious I don’t know why u don’t both just organise a “straightener”  and be done with it. I’ve no problem with gana saying that. Like others have said his application has never been the issue, quality maybe but I’ve no doubt he will put as much graft in if not more than the rest of the team. The opportunity to play against Barca, Madrid etc for a french lad must be great for him. 

It doesn’t mean that simple ethics shouldn’t be adhered to regardless of how much money you earn. 

For £7million Gana has on balance a great signing for us and embarrased much more expensive signings over the last 2 and a bit years.  Are we really surprised that he might be disappointed that the thing PSG didn't work out being a French speaker and them being one of the biggest clubs in Europe?  He has his faults sure, but sulking and shirking aren't among them.  He will carry on as he has done since he's been here, wouldn't be surprised if he plays even better, and he might get his move at the end of the season.  Personally, for the money PSG were offering for a 29 year old player, I'd have bitten their hand off.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve got children Shukes and my eighth grandchild is due in a couple of weeks my eldest grandson is an Aprentice in my company, I want my kids and grandchildren to do well to achieve their dreams and goals in life, but what I wouldn’t want to see them do is be disrespectful to the company they are working for by publicly saying they want to go and work for another company, you can have ambition with out showing that you've got no morals respect or class. 

Can he spell apprentice though? If so he's a step ahead of you:D.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

This thread is showing just how desperate the Gana hate brigade are getting now, which is a credit to him. 

Spot on

Palfy was absolutely desperate for Gana to sulk and now that it hasn’t happened he is clutching at straws to try and discredit him

I get that not everyone appreciates the job he does but to question his attitude or his effort is beyond desperate it’s laughable 

4 hours ago, badaids said:

For £7million Gana has on balance a great signing for us and embarrased much more expensive signings over the last 2 and a bit years.  Are we really surprised that he might be disappointed that the thing PSG didn't work out being a French speaker and them being one of the biggest clubs in Europe?  He has his faults sure, but sulking and shirking aren't among them.  He will carry on as he has done since he's been here, wouldn't be surprised if he plays even better, and he might get his move at the end of the season.  Personally, for the money PSG were offering for a 29 year old player, I'd have bitten their hand off.

He's not exactly done anything since he joined us. The club has paid him more than any other, even gave him a payrise without merit, and raised his profile. What has he done in return? He's not earned his move like say Lukaku who scored shed loads of goals and helped raise our profile and contributed to our highest points total in over two decades. If anything he's been the main stay in a team that is now getting referred to as a nothing team. 

Agree wholeheartedly with that last bit. 

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Spot on

Palfy was absolutely desperate for Gana to sulk and now that it hasn’t happened he is clutching at straws to try and discredit him

I get that not everyone appreciates the job he does but to question his attitude or his effort is beyond desperate it’s laughable 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😘😂😂😂😘😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 is that laughable enough or would you like some more? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

I can see how this thread is becoming divisive but please lads lets try to keep it civil as people can often have a different opinion.  remember the site motto  this is for the THINKING Evertonian  disagree by all means but lets not get into a catfight 

13 hours ago, rubecula said:

I can see how this thread is becoming divisive but please lads lets try to keep it civil as people can often have a different opinion.  remember the site motto  this is for the THINKING Evertonian  disagree by all means but lets not get into a catfight 

Shut up Rubes!!!

😘