duncanmckenzieismagic

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

just lock it now matt it will be pandemonium in here.  Gana had a full assist, drove the ball from our half to their half and then played an inch perfect through ball.  had a great all around game too.  i guess that PSG pouting stuff was just BS like we all said it was.  model pro

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

just lock it now matt it will be pandemonium in here.  Gana had a full assist, drove the ball from our half to their half and then played an inch perfect through ball.  had a great all around game too.  i guess that PSG pouting stuff was just BS like we all said it was.  model pro

I'm waiting for the "yeah, but that's one game against a championship team" arguments so I can get a laugh mate

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Should be playing as a number 10...

Just watched that last goal again. He intercepts the ball, watches the feet before delivering the meg, then a nonchalant flick for the through ball. Great play.

could have had a few assists today as well. Set up Bernard in the area for the second goal. Set up Walcott when he fired over. 

The meg was new to me haha, didn’t know he had that in his locker. But the others he does every game, it’s just we don’t score from them. Which is why he is so highly rated stats wise in Europe for chances created. Not bad for an uncreative player.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Just watched that last goal again. He intercepts the ball, watches the feet before delivering the meg, then a nonchalant flick for the through ball. Great play.

could have had a few assists today as well. Set up Bernard in the area for the second goal. Set up Walcott when he fired over. 

The meg was new to me haha, didn’t know he had that in his locker. But the others he does every game, it’s just we don’t score from them. Which is why he is so highly rated stats wise in Europe for chances created. Not bad for an uncreative player.

Fuck me let me get you a box 📦 of tissues. 

If PSG still want him looks like he will be gone in the summer then. 

Would love to keep him but if we can replace him with an enforcer like Ndombele (unlikely) or Doucoure, id be more than happy. 

Question is, PSG willing to offer 27 million in the winter, how much does that mean they're willing to part with for him this summer? Because to me he's worth more than 30.

15 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Absolute bollocks not you Duncan the article, it's a completely different tone to the one posted a few weeks ago when all he wanted to do was try harder to get his move.

Look at all the likes embarrassing talk about people grasping at any crumb of comfort is quite sad to see really.

I wonder which story is true the first one in the French press or this one, to be honest I'd bet a lot of money on neither holding much truth, but if this one gives the Ganaretts some hope and comfort which the other didn't I suppose it's achieved something in its drivel quite what I don't really know:Isurrender:

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Absolute bollocks not you Duncan the article, it's a completely different tone to the one posted a few weeks ago when all he wanted to do was try harder to get his move.

Look at all the likes embarrassing talk about people grasping at any crumb of comfort is quite sad to see really.

I wonder which story is true the first one in the French press or this one, to be honest I'd bet a lot of money on neither holding much truth, but if this one gives the Ganaretts some hope and comfort which the other didn't I suppose it's achieved something in its drivel quite what I don't really know:Isurrender:

All I look for is attitude on the pitch and his has been nothing short of very good.

He isn'tt sulking.  He wanted the move which is understandable. It's not like he's been doing a lukaku and using every international break to pimp himself out and strolling round doing fuck all. 

He will get sold. I will happily see him go for good money at the end of the season which allows the likes of brands to source a backfill. 

22 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It's nothing but a sound bite. He wasn't loyal to Villa just like this fella wasn't

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30974613

loyal to villa?  they got dropped and we offered what the club accepted for him, please share where he forced his way out and went to the press to get out of Villa?  you won't find it.  honestly pete you are getting sad with this now.

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

loyal to villa?  they got dropped and we offered what the club accepted for him, please share where he forced his way out and went to the press to get out of Villa?  you won't find it.  honestly pete you are getting sad with this now.

They didn't want to sell him but he had a minimum release clause. Had the player not forced it he'd still be there or they'd have potentially demanded a bigger fee. (Villa's fault for putting the clause in there but I guess they never thought they'd be relegated.) 

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/759037917725495296?s=20

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They didn't want to sell him but he had a minimum release clause. Had the player not forced it he'd still be there or they'd have potentially demanded a bigger fee. (Villa's fault for putting the clause in there but I guess they never thought they'd be relegated.) 

that mans word is worthless, he was trying to save face with the fans after tanking their club, notice how he was ousted himself and is no longer chairman.  

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It's nothing but a sound bite. He wasn't loyal to Villa just like this fella wasn't

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30974613

I'm sure villa would have been happy to sell him... after all didn't he get them relegated?  Imagine a player single handedly getting a club relegated getting offers of £27m to join PSG 

I do believe that people can argue a point so much that they train their mind and eyes to see that argument, no matter what evidence or common sense faces them.

That could be Palfy and PeteO, Bailey, or myself. We are human and easily programmed.

Like a lie that has been taken too far and distorts into reality. It becomes easier to continue the lie rather than admit the truth. I personally have been there, I’m sure so have many here.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do believe that people can argue a point so much that they train their mind and eyes to see that argument, no matter evidence or common sense faces them.

That could be Palfy and PeteO, Bailey, or myself. We are human and easily programmed.

Like a lie that has been taken too far and distorts into reality. It becomes easier to continue the lie rather than admit the truth. I personally have been there, I’m sure so have many there. 

I haven’t honest govner 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I do believe that people can argue a point so much that they train their mind and eyes to see that argument, no matter what evidence or common sense faces them.

Like a lie that has been taken too far and distorts into reality. It becomes easier to continue the lie rather than admit the truth. I personally have been there, I’m sure so have many here.

what next shukes the world is round?  where do you come up with this bullshit..........................:rofl:

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Haf also wouldn’t know what your on about 🤣

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

I can sort of understand how some may not rate the guy as a player (despite the majority of fans/pundits/PSG scouts seeing him as a major asset) but I can't get my head round people questioning his character; if he'd have done the Gomes 100 hug thing they'd be questioning why he didn't do 1000. He's been nothing less than a model pro all the time he's been with us for me, don't get the vitriol. We have far worse players who put in 100% effort and are applauded for it, here we have a player good enough to be wanted by a CL team who puts in 100% every week and he's a figure of hate. Baffled.

Posted this before but sums up his effort and lack of ability. Out of position, lazy tackle, no effort to make up for it, not even arsed the team has just conceded or that it was his fault. In a Derby match! 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Posted this before but sums up his effort and lack of ability. Out of position, lazy tackle, no effort to make up for it, not even arsed the team has just conceded or that it was his fault. In a Derby match! 

This video literally shows none of what you said.

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If he was out of position how was he able to make any sort of tackle? He got beaten in the challenge by one of the best players in the World (who left Liverpool for a potential £142m) and had zero chance to make up for it because Coutinho was long gone. Really?

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

That's a fair bit of the mark to be fair Mark.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pretty sure we trigger a relegation fee clause in his contract too! 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

If he was out of position how was he able to make any sort of tackle? He got beaten in the challenge by one of the best players in the World (who left Liverpool for a potential £142m) and had zero chance to make up for it because Coutinho was long gone. Really?

If he was in the right position he'd be goalside and be able to block his run, would have prevented the danger without even having to make a tackle. But he's out of position and then dives in too taking himself completely out the equation without even trying to make up for it, take responsibility or look arsed at all. 

Also getting into that scoring position had nothing to do with Coutinho's ability. It was far too much space to give to any player. 

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

A clause that the club and agent will have negotiated. Nothing to do with the player or his integrity

On 08/03/2019 at 05:46, Matt said:

A clause that the club and agent will have negotiated. Nothing to do with the player or his integrity

You would have thought that if is agent insisted on it at Villa he would have insisted the same sort of clause was implemented here, which makes me feel the player was involved otherwise doesn’t add up. 

Echo reporting he didn’t move to PSG because we couldn’t get a deal done for Lucas Tousart ( 21yr old cdm from Lyon)

France Football claim Idrissa Gana Gueye’s move to PSG fell through due to Everton’s failure to land Lucas Tousart from Lyon.

The report believes Tousart was Marco Silva’s favoured choice to replace the Senegalese ball-winner in January but the Blues were eventually rejected. 

The 21-year-old is said to have also turned down Zenit St. Petersburg to remain with Lyon

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The way he plays you wouldn't think he was disappointed to get his move to PSG.   An absolute credit. Backed up his words. Top pro. 

He was fantastic at the end. I didnt think he did anything over and above what should be expected of him for most of the 2nd half but in that last 10-15 minutes alongside Schneiderlin he seemed to be everywhere!

He did do what was mentioned at Cardiff even I said he looked good and he needed to reproduce that in games going forward but he hasn’t, since then we never saw it against Liverpool Newcastle or Chelsea getting forward running with the ball, without wishing to seem negative how long can we expect him to live off the performance of one game surly it’s not to much to expect to see glimpses of that in most games. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Add this to him being in the top five in Europe for chances created.

It shows that helping in attack isn’t just about that final ball for an assist. 

Interestingly, watch the video of Siggs goals, he’s pretty much involved in all of his goals.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not bothered about seeing him run forward with the ball, I want the man next to him to do that. I want him to win the ball and give it to someone who has a bit more creativity in them. 

I don't expect him to take players on every week but he should be carrying the ball the forward more. Too often he passes the ball too early when he's got loads of space to run in to which ends up stifling the attack. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not bothered about seeing him run forward with the ball, I want the man next to him to do that. I want him to win the ball and give it to someone who has a bit more creativity in them. 

Maybe your not but your not the manager, my response was to what the manager said who was bigging him up on that side of his game because he’s done in one game this season, but trying to make out he’s a player for all situations for me if Silva truly believes he’s doing or can do that on regular basis he’s on the strongest spice you can buy. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Add this to him being in the top five in Europe for chances created.

It shows that helping in attack isn’t just about that final ball for an assist. 

Interestingly, watch the video of Siggs goals, he’s pretty much involved in all of his goals.

So is Pickford he played the ball out 10 seconds before Gana touched it, and Gylfi scored 30 seconds after that. 

Fuck me Shukes stop 🛑 inventing stuff up to try make it look like he’s better than he is, is he your lover or son or related to you in some other way or just a crush 😳😏

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

So is Pickford he played the ball out 10 seconds before Gana touched it, and Gylfi scored 30 seconds after that. 

Fuck me Shukes stop 🛑 inventing stuff up to try make it look like he’s better than he is, is he your lover or son or related to you in some other way or just a crush 😳😏

I’m not inventing it mate, the video is there for all to see. I didn’t edit the video to involve him haha!  

Honestly, I think 99% of people reading will be thinking you are more involved with him than me. Maybe your a jilted ex or something? Or maybe he strongly resembles an ex of yours? 

Im just commenting on what professionals have said about him. Your just denying what said professionals say..... can it be any clearer? 

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m not inventing it mate, the video is there for all to see. I didn’t edit the video to involve him haha!  

Honestly, I think 99% of people reading will be thinking you are more involved with him than me. Maybe your a jilted ex or something? Or maybe he strongly resembles an ex of yours? 

Im just commenting on what professionals have said about him. Your just denying what said professionals say..... can it be any clearer? 

😂

10 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

This thread seems to be going quite have the 2 debbie downers finally realized what a good player he is

Well now you’ve gone and done it! :shakingfist:

Credit to Palfy, he’s at least seen the error of his ways, or at least given credit where it has been due recently. Pete, gonna follow suit mate? ;) 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well now you’ve gone and done it! :shakingfist:

Credit to Palfy, he’s at least seen the error of his ways, or at least given credit where it has been due recently. Pete, gonna follow suit mate? ;) 

Image result for hell freezing over