IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Well don't fuckin read them then?! It's clear that that you are able to do that based on your clear "I'll just dip in and take a stab at haf" post. Have a proper read if you want context or just put it on ignore.... simple. 

Ffs. Can't even say walcotts been playing poorly (which many are outside of toffeetalk think is the case) in case some snowflake gets offended by it. 

Whatever Haf, I'm not going to get sucked into this.

12 hours ago, hafnia said:

Couldn't give a shit if people post opinions that I dont agree with on lukaku or gana. They are made on a forum and if made the right way should be respected as such. 

Threatening to get "delete" happy?  I think some admin rights need deleting more like. 

You’ve known me way too long to take that comment serious, don’t be an idiot.

But if you do want to talk about Lukaku, and I decide I will move the posts or delete them if they end up taking over a thread that is not about him I will if I think it’s best for the site, but then I won’t feel the need to justify myself to you if I do it. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

But if you do want to talk about Lukaku, and I decide I will move the posts or delete them if they end up taking over a thread that is not about him I will if I think it’s best for the site, but then I won’t feel the need to justify myself to you if I do it. 

I’m sure Haf would except that if you PM him to say anymore posts in the wrong topic they will moved or deleted, after all we are reasonable people aren’t we and a bit of communication goes along way. 

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Whatever Haf, I'm not going to get sucked into this.

Well it's probably best you didn't post a reply on something where I was talking about someone deleting posts cos they are a few paragraphs long.   Unless you agree that it's acceptable then I don't understand why you quote my post and talk about shit to furthermore stir the pot. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

You'll have to make clear what constitutes a post that requires deletion in the forum guidelines then Steve.

I'll make sure I can either adhere to them guidelines if not I will post no more - period. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You'll have to make clear what constitutes a post that requires deletion in the forum guidelines then Steve.

I'll make sure I can either adhere to them guidelines if not I will post no more - period. 

Personally I think admins need to get together and discuss what there role should be, because they seem to be using powers that only they have to change things for there own personal preferences, which is unreasonable when ordinary posters are not given that opportunity. 

I fear the answer maybe if you don’t like it fuck off. 

On 26/10/2018 at 15:32, hafnia said:

I've heard him be referred to as a great goalscorer.... never heard him called a great footballer.

I'm not gonna waste numerous posts explaining why he is a poor footballer.  I've done it before.  He's getting called for it now.  It would improve I think you and a few others said .... no. It's fookin awful. 

Lee sharpe said hes got the worst touch of any striker he's seen. 

Whether you like it or not teams play with one striker almost all the time.  That means that striker has to be able to look after the ball, control it, pass it. He can't. 

I know you have done it before and I have said that some of it is not without merit but some of it is also a huge exageration. You also overlook things, a bit like the 2nd half against Chelsea. Keen to tell the world how shit he was in the first half but not a peep in the second.

His touch, his movement and his passing have all improved as he has got older. You cant watch him from his West Brom days to now and say it hasnt.

Something you fail to understand is that a player with the defincies of Rom will look even worse in a shit side like ours was at the end and like Mourinhos. Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Pogba all look shit for united as well. When you main striker has players behind him that arent performing they are going to have more bad games than good. Lukaku is best when the ball is into him early and over the top, not with his back to goal playing in others. He isnt bad at it, he has improved a lot, but that isnt the elite aspect of his game. If you asked Vardy to play a similar way (ie back to goal) he would look like the lower league player he was. 

Anyway that is enough of that. I dont want to incur the further rath of StevO and pretty much everyone else on this forum by dragging this out further.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Personally I think admins need to get together and discuss what there role should be, because they seem to be using powers that only they have to change things for there own personal preferences, which is unreasonable when ordinary posters are not given that opportunity. 

I fear the answer maybe if you don’t like it fuck off. 

I’d love to know what powers you think we use? 

A few years back we had to delete posts, remove members, give warning points, impose bans, on an almost daily basis. Nowadays the forum runs very smooth and we don’t have to “use our powers” as often as we have in the past. Myself, Mark and Matt all know what we need to do around here, under the watchful eye of Mike, and him under Louis’s, we don’t get many complaints.

Feel free to browse some other forums and compare, this place is smooth as silk. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t have many members who have been here over a decade, have a look at the member pages to see. We also won’t beg anyone to stay who doesn’t like how this place runs. Enjoy it though, and maybe throw a few quid in the pot to keep it running when Louis lets us know it needs a top up. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

That Idrissa Gueye hey, decent footballer. 

Yes exactly Steve why can’t I change the name of a topic when you can, and you do it without consulting the people that make the forum, call me a what ever you want but to me that’s an abuse of your powers, so don’t let it go to your head mate your no better than me even though you think you are. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d love to know what powers you think we use? 

A few years back we had to delete posts, remove members, give warning points, impose bans, on an almost daily basis. Nowadays the forum runs very smooth and we don’t have to “use our powers” as often as we have in the past. Myself, Mark and Matt all know what we need to do around here, under the watchful eye of Mike, and him under Louis’s, we don’t get many complaints.

Feel free to browse some other forums and compare, this place is smooth as silk. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t have many members who have been here over a decade, have a look at the member pages to see. We also won’t beg anyone to stay who doesn’t like how this place runs. Enjoy it though, and maybe throw a few quid in the pot to keep it running when Louis lets us know it needs a top up. 

Well you just had a couple deal with it. 

Also a few years ago I bet that made you feel good, I wasn’t here then because if I was I probably wouldn’t be here now, mate I’m 59 not fucking 9 so don’t go laying your law down with me about your powers like your some fucking super hero, most of the people here didn’t join to be dictated to by dick heads who get off with a little bit of power fucking grow some. 

And if that gets me kicked off so be it I’d rather go with my pride in tacked than bow down to your shit. 

Thank you for listening do your best 

Personally I think the admins to a superb job. Most arguments are nipped in the bid before they get to heated, but they also let us air our frustrations at times without getting power mad. 

Palf, I think this has got to you a bit to much and when you step back and take a breath, you MIGHT feel different. 

This thread has taken a turn into the twilight zone and hays why many posters have ignored it for a long time. It’s only the likes of you and me that have kept it going on and on. And I’ll hold my hands up and take the title if wierdo as I’m just as big a part of this thread as you.

I think the teal issue is that over there it’s a massive insult, whereas over here it’s a lighthearted bit of fun.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Personally I think the admins to a superb job. Most arguments are nipped in the bid before they get to heated, but they also let us air our frustrations at times without getting power mad. 

Palf, I think this has got to you a bit to much and when you step back and take a breath, you MIGHT feel different. 

This thread has taken a turn into the twilight zone and hays why many posters have ignored it for a long time. It’s only the likes of you and me that have kept it going on and on. And I’ll hold my hands up and take the title if wierdo as I’m just as big a part of this thread as you.

I think the teal issue is that over there it’s a massive insult, whereas over here it’s a lighthearted bit of fun.

This to me isn’t about arguments please read what I said never mentioned arguments. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well you just had a couple deal with it. 

Also a few years ago I bet that made you feel good, I wasn’t here then because if I was I probably wouldn’t be here now, mate I’m 59 not fucking 9 so don’t go laying your law down with me about your powers like your some fucking super hero, most of the people here didn’t join to be dictated to by dick heads who get off with a little bit of power fucking grow some. 

And if that gets me kicked off so be it I’d rather go with my pride in tacked than bow down to your shit. 

Thank you for listening do your best 

Steve hasn't said, or even implied, anything about you getting kicked off here. And there's been no 'laying down of the law'. Calm down.

All that he's saying is we, and other moderators over the years, have got TT running smoothly.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yes exactly Steve why can’t I change the name of a topic when you can, and you do it without consulting the people that make the forum, call me a what ever you want but to me that’s an abuse of your powers, so don’t let it go to your head mate your no better than me even though you think you are. 

Well the whole point of the moderators is that they have powers that regular members don't, isn'tt it?

I tried to add some levity to the thread (the same way Shukes does in the thread by gently ribbing you) by giving a jokey title. It wasn't aimed at any individuals in the thread, so it's not calling anyone a weirdo. It's about the subject as a whole and where it's at. Nothing to do with myself, or anyone, seeing themselves as better than you. It's a shame you don't see it for what it is/was.

53 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Steve hasn't said, or even implied, anything about you getting kicked off here. And there's been no 'laying down of the law'. Calm down.

All that he's saying is we, and other moderators over the years, have got TT running smoothly.

Well the whole point of the moderators is that they have powers that regular members don't, isn'tttt it?

I tried to add some levity to the thread (the same way Shukes does in the thread by gently ribbing you) by giving a jokey title. It wasn't aimed at any individuals in the thread, so it's not calling anyone a weirdo. It's about the subject as a whole and where it's at. Nothing to do with myself, or anyone, seeing themselves as better than you. It's a shame you don't see it for what it is/was.

What ever mate, and tell SteveO for his information I’ve stuck £100.00 in the pot in the last year to 18months so he can fuck off with that personal attack.

If you treat my like a cunt I act like a cunt. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What ever mate, and tell SteveO for his information I’ve stuck £100.00 in the pot in the last year to 18months so he can fuck off with that personal attack.

Steve has got eyes so I’m sure he’ll read this and I’ll not have to tell him anything. 

And to maybe put your mind at ease a bit I got in touch with the original author of the thread and they’re fine with the title change. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It wasn’t a personal attack at all, it was explaining how this place has run for a very long time. Only Louis knows who puts money in the pot, so I would have no way of knowing. You need to chill out mate. 

as bailey hafnia myself and others mentioned in the matchday thread that pen was due to walcott selling him down the river with no support and a terrible giveaway.  gana got the ball, every analyst on my tv said clearly no pen, he got the ball, martial dove.  

still not a great match from gana, but he wasn't the worst out there.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

as bailey hafnia myself and others mentioned in the matchday thread that pen was due to walcott selling him down the river with no support and a terrible giveaway.  gana got the ball, every analyst on my tv said clearly no pen, he got the ball, martial dove.  

still not a great match from gana, but he wasn't the worst out there.

I thought it was a definite penalty and had no argument with it tbh.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very, very poor for the penalty today. 

Thought he’d done his job.

Coleman had pushed up with Theo, between them the lost the ball and countered quickly. Gana has filled the void ( in position ) and made a tackle. 

Is there similarity in what Niasse got a ban for?