IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:unsure: What the fuck? I'm not even involved in your discussion with Haf. I'm just saying that with Gomes also having high stats in terms of recovering the ball we weren't going to give many chances away to Brighton. 

Ffs romey unless you've got some negative to say about Gana  then stay out of it. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

As I said before Haf I never called him shit because I know my shit, I’ve never called Gana shit but I don’t think he’s good enough to take us to the next level.

But your always right even though you do move the goalposts to suit you own agenda, so I’m not going to get drag into this argument again just to give you a platform or soapbox to spout off the same stuff that everyone’s heard a hundred times before, as others have said it’s becoming boring, no malice intended but not interested. 

PeteO said hes the shittest player to wear an Everton shirt. That's where the shit comments are founded from. 

Feel free to discuss that claim PeteO.... wondering if he may have passed Tony Thomas or John Spencer levels yet? Maybe Segundo Castillo?

35 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I don’t get this “ he’s not good enough against the top sides” shout- we lost collectively as a team, we never deserved to win because United were bettter- shall we slate Pickford because De Gea is better than him or Walcott because of Marshall? United are a better side with a better squad and rightly so as they have spent a LOT more money than us over the years but because Gana didn’t single handedly win the game for us he’s no good as he didn’t shine!! Well who did shine then? Nobody really did they so none of them must be good enough to compete against the top teams.

He gives away chances every game. The top sides punish mistakes more often. 

He's the worst player to wear a blue shirt..... to he's just not good againsy the best sides.

Neither being true. 

A brilliant seek and destroy midfielder who wins possession back more than any other player in the league - statistically proven.   Best of all - he doesn't lose possession either.  Statistically proven.  

He doesn't play defence splitting passes like Xavi, he doesn't burst the net from 30 yards like Gerrard or lampard.  Neither did busquests, neither did mascherano or makelele.  Fernandinio plays for the best side in the league ... He is similarly boring. 

Don't be surprised when Andre Gomes waxes lyrical about his midfield Rottweiler 

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

So has Pickford with his kicking at times

How is that comparable to a player who gives away a chance every game. 

No keepers kicking is perfect. 

No other player in the league gives a mistake every game bar Gana. Worst thing is some of them aren't even mistakes, just pure stupidity getting wrong sided. You can't trust him to be solid for 90 minutes. 

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Throw the towel in the pair of you it’s ridiculous to even suggest he’s not good enough to play for us- top class player? No he isn’t but he’s probably in the best of the rest category and incase it had excaped your attention that’s exactly where we are.

Said it last season I'd swap him and Schneiderlin for any two starters of other teams in the league, don't know enough about Cardiffs to say out this just but it stands for the other 18. Last year they got absolutely dicked first game of the season by Stoke's Allen and Fletcher. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

No other player in the league gives a mistake every game bar Gana. Worst thing is some of them aren't even mistakes, just pure stupidity getting wrong sided. You can't trust him to be solid for 90 minutes. 

You can and I do 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Said it last season I'd swap him and Schneiderlin for any two starters of other teams in the league, don't know enough about Cardiffs to say out this just but it stands for the other 18. Last year they got absolutely dicked first game of the season by Stoke's Allen and Fletcher. 

And where are Stoke now? Swap with Southampton, Brighton, Newcastle, Fulham or Huddersfield this season?

Schneiderlin yes I would get rid today if possible, but Gana and Gomes are gonna be good.

22 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Pete I agree with you on many things but that post just made laugh, your posts in this thread make as much sense to me as Rubes' (sorry mate you know I love you) posts in the Brexit thread. "There are none so blind as those who will not see" springs to mind.

46 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

And where are Stoke now? Swap with Southampton, Brighton, Newcastle, Fulham or Huddersfield this season?

Schneiderlin yes I would get rid today if possible, but Gana and Gomes are gonna be good.

We have 9 other starters that most teams below us would have. Ward-Prowse, Proper, Shelvey, Cairney, and Mooy. 

Shelvey was the most similar mistakes what but he's worked on it. Usually he had one good, one bad it, make a chance give one away. Gana only does the give one chance away bit so doesn't even balance it by creating something the other end. 

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Pete I agree with you on many things but that post just made laugh, your posts in this thread make as much sense to me as Rubes' (sorry mate you know I love you) posts in the Brexit thread. "There are none so blind as those who will not see" springs to mind.

I wish I was blind to it. Frustrates me no end. 

A sloppy pass across his own box last week being the ffs moment. No other team in the league has a player who creates an opportunity for the opposition every week. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

FFS put the shovel away PeteO

If it was 1984 you would be telling the forum that Paul Bracewell needs to be dropped and sold.  A very very similar player to Gana. 

Before I was born. Would any of them teams swap for Gana. Doubt it. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

We have 9 other starters that most teams below us would have. Ward-Prowse, Proper, Shelvey, Cairney, and Mooy. 

Shelvey was the most similar mistakes what but he's worked on it. Usually he had one good, one bad it, make a chance give one away. Gana only does the give one chance away bit so doesn't even balance it by creating something the other end. 

You said two starters per team and name only one?

Assume you have conveniently forgotten Gana hit the post on Saturday, and has also been involved in the build up to a few goals this season. Yes he makes mistakes, all players do, 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Explains a lot.

You never seen the best Everton side in the past 50 years. You never seen what made us tick and allow us to play. 

Did you see Joe Parkinson? 

Just before I started watching Premier league, was more serie a as it was in in the morning as a kid.

Pembridge, Gemmill, Tie, Linderoth, Hutchison, Graveson, and Collins. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

All of them in a heartbeat if they had any sense imo. Fortunately the management team at Everton would never sanction it.

(Who is "Proper" btw:huh:?)

Apologies, should be Pröpper. Lad at Brighton they bought last year from PSV for half the price we paid for Klassen. Him and Grob/Gross done very well last season. 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

You said two starters per team and name only one?

Assume you have conveniently forgotten Gana hit the post on Saturday, and has also been involved in the build up to a few goals this season. Yes he makes mistakes, all players do, 

Couldn't be arsed doing Schneiderlin replacements. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just before I started watching Premier league, was more serie a as it was in in the morning as a kid.

Pembridge, Gemmill, Tie, Linderoth, Hutchison, Graveson, and Collins. 

Apologies, should be Pröpper. Lad at Brighton they bought last year from PSV for half the price we paid for Klassen. Him and Grob/Gross done very well last season. 

Couldn't be arsed doing Schneiderlin replacements. 

Half arsed argument then.

Gana is good for Everton get over it.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Half arsed argument then.

Gana is good for Everton get over it.

He's detrimental to our play. Always gives away a chance to the opposition and offers very little going forward, often slowing down the play when he recieves the ball and his off ball is even worse doesn't understand positioning to drag his man away to create space for a pass. People go on about his tackling, if he was in position he'd not have to as often and we'd win the ball back more safely. A successful tackle only takes the ball off the man with the ball it then still leaves it in play and is 50/50 if it falls to one of our players or not. 

Since Barry left there has been a huge hole in our midfield as Gana's positional sense is that bad often getting the wrong side of his man. No other team gets done through the middle like us. Last season it was embarrassing. 

McCarthy come back for only a couple of games and the difference in class shone like the sun. Night and day difference. 

Just now, hafnia said:

He's basically picking atracking/playmaker footballers to take Ganas place.  Team would be about as balanced as his opinion.

They are all centre midfielders but like every other midfielder in the league, bar Gana, they are able to pass the ball forward. 

Attacking mids for them teams are: Soton are 442 so no AM but used to be Tadic, Gross/Grob however you wanna spell it, Kennedy, Schurrle, and Billing. 

So who's unbalanced in their opinion, me or you?