Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He just makes lots of bad decisions in a disciplined side... think it was Conte that signed him so I dont think Silva will have a heavier hand! 

I didnt watch him for Monaco so I dont know how good or bad he was there but he didnt look to suit the league, a bit like the issues with Pogba at Utd but with a much more limited player.

Haha great point on conte.  Well then maybe he’s a pass and it’s one of the other ones.  

33 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Reading that it looks as though France is clueless as well when it comes to football.

Idiots are all saying it’s a steal, that he’s a class act ext, idiots eh!

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Reading that it looks as though France is clueless as well when it comes to football.

Idiots are all saying it’s a steal, that he’s a class act ext, idiots eh!

Completely 🤡

He wanted to go and got his way in the end no wonder Silva was in such a shitty mood, not only did we get a tonking and look toothless up front once again he new he was losing another player as well. 

This for me will prove a blessing, I believe with a MF who has more than one side to his game we will improve enormously as team when we are in possession of the ball. 

I bare him no ill feelings and thank him for his time here and wish him well for the future, so only time will tell now if he will be missed, someone posted a few weeks back that if he left we would finish below 15th, I think the biggest loss from last season is Zouma and if we was to finish lower next season I would attribute it more to the loss of him than the loss of Gana. 

I would say it will be more to do with how our team performs this season that dictate our position.

I think we will have a much better season than last, regardless of Gana staying or leaving. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It will never happen though will it, no big teams will ever come in for him 🙄

Teams implies there's more than one stupid enough. Only one on for him isn't bigger than us and has the likes of Choupo-Moting on the bench. 

55 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Teams implies there's more than one stupid enough. Only one on for him isn't bigger than us and has the likes of Choupo-Moting on the bench. 

And Mbappe and Cavani up front. 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

And Mbappe and Cavani up front. 

Dani Alves   RB
Juan Bernat   LB
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting   CF
Christopher Nkunku CM
Colin Dagba RB
Loïc Mbe Soh CB
Sébastien Cibois GK

They have a good first eleven but gana won't be in it, he'll be on the bench with a bunch of unknowns. Personally only heard of Alves who's been let go as he's no longer good enough and Choupo-Moting who hardly lit the Championship up. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Calm down mate, and where’s the fake Debbie Harry pic. 

Palf, she was the Debbie Harry of today haha. Nothing to take a picture of. She was good though.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Palf, she was the Debbie Harry of today haha. Nothing to take a picture of. She was good though.

Fair enough mate I don't feel so gutted now, sounds like you had a good time what was Duran Duran like, I wanted to call my eldest daughter Rio after their hit needless to say I didn't get my way, still love that song every time I hear it I think of my daughter.

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fair enough mate I don't feel so gutted now, sounds like you had a good time what was Duran Duran like, I wanted to call my eldest daughter Rio after their hit needless to say I didn't get my way, still love that song every time I hear it I think of my daughter.

Stole the show. Have to say, weirdly, they were better than the original. Had the crowd going mad. Came away saying they were easily the best I have saw in years, fake or real.

21 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It's official. Undisclosed fee. 

No thank you from the club, only references he played 108 games and scored four goals. Ouch. 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1297103/gana-moves-to-paris-saint-germain

Thats all he needs. Evertonians seem mostly thankful for his time but we live and die as a team and if someone doesn't wish to be part of that team for whatever reason - then they are no longer relevant.

I'd like to think we will have a replacement to come in during the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It's official. Undisclosed fee. 

No thank you from the club, only references he played 108 games and scored four goals. Ouch. 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1297103/gana-moves-to-paris-saint-germain

Great day for you and Palfy, sad day for Everton Football Club

Now that we've lost our most important midfielder you can add me to the list of people worried about us now.

Sick to death of reading that we're discussing and thinking about making moves. That's fine early in the window but we're into single figures now for how many days are left of the window ffs. We are in a considerably worse position now than we ended the season.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now that we've lost our most important midfielder you can add me to the list of people worried about us now.

Sick to death of reading that we're discussing and thinking about making moves. That's fine early in the window but we're into single figures now for how many days are left of the window ffs. We are in a considerably worse position now than we ended the season.

Very concerned that it’s the spine of the side that has been considerably weakened as it stands

Desperately need CB, CM & CF with only days remaining in the market. Hopefully we will start to see some movement very very soon

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Good luck to him, he's more than earned that sort of move.

Arteta earned a move. Gana was only here three years and only noticeably tried harder once PSG come in for him, he didn't give his all for the club like Arteta or many others before him. Good riddance to a mercenary only bought thanks to Walsh looking at stats rather than the player. 

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Really?

Capture.JPG

They didn't on the official site. 

Gutted! Been a great asset for us these last 3 years.

But at the same time, pleased for him. He's 30 in September and this is his last chance to play at the very top level for an elite club. He'll boss it in France.

Wish him all the best and I'm sure he'll visit us again in the future.

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Arteta earned a move. Gana was only here three years and only noticeably tried harder once PSG come in for him, he didn't give his all for the club like Arteta or many others before him. Good riddance to a mercenary only bought thanks to Walsh looking at stats rather than the player. 

They didn't on the official site. 

😂😂😂😂.... as I was saying!

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way but please shut the fuck up, you're chatting bubbles.

I'm chatting as someone who's watched McCarthy, Fellaini, Arteta. Gana doesn't come close to any of them. 

Adds nothing going forward and is a liability defensively. If it miss him you can always go the local park and watch a dog chase a ball. 

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Great day for you and Palfy, sad day for Everton Football Club

Remember he wasn't forced out he wanted out, he had years on his contract in some ways he forced his move or else he would still be here, because it surely wasn't the money that persuaded the sale.

So no tears from me.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The club of one is getting bigger welcome my friend and I'm sorry that it's not the nicest place to be😉

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

So PSG didn’t come in for him because of how he was playing then? They came in for him because they knew how he was going to play.... after they had bid?

Wow,they have some kind of amazing scouting team. 

Beaming out Captain PeteO! 😉

Bought him on reputation and stats just like we did, plus they have the added bonus of him speaking French. PSG are hardly known for their scouting. What other teams were in for Gana? 

Gana and Kante both had very similar stats, why did Chelsea opt to pay 6x the price for the latter? Because there's more to football than stats. 

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete learn french and get on the the PSG site I beg u 

How many have even watched him? Fans happy because of his reputation. Give it a season. Just look at how excited we were with Bolasie after his initial impact. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bought him on reputation and stats just like we did, plus they have the added bonus of him speaking French. PSG are hardly known for their scouting. What other teams were in for Gana? 

Gana and Kante both had very similar stats, why did Chelsea opt to pay 6x the price for the latter? Because there's more to football than stats. 

How many have even watched him? Fans happy because of his reputation. Give it a season. Just look at how excited we were with Bolasie after his initial impact. 

I highly doubt they just bought someone without actually scouting him. Grasping at straws now.

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I highly doubt they just bought someone without actually scouting him. Grasping at straws now.

Feel free to explain why Chelsea paid 6x more for a player with the same stats. Or why we bought Keane.