IGNORED

Ashley Williams

Gough, distin, weir, all pushing on when we got them but provided exceptional service.

I'm not against this signing. I just think £10m is a couple of mill too much. Then again at £8m would it be worth Swansea selling?

He is a bloody good stopper. Very solid.

Guest rusty747

This would be a signing consistent with the rebuilding project that is ongoing by the new owner.

Goodison Park is a tired old stadium that has been smartened up for a few seasons prior to moving to a new stadium.

Similarly with players. Buy a few seasoned premier league pros to keep us in the top half of the league, whilst Walsh quietly works his magic so that in a season or two we have assembled a squad that can challenge for the title.

So I am happy with Williams as I think he is ideal to help us bridge the gap from where we are now to where we want to be in a couple of years time.

Edited by rusty747

Guest rusty747

Plus, we need characters on the pitch. Sorely lacking in the debacle last season became.

Agreed. As much as I like Jags, he is just too nice a guy. We need someone who knows he is going to get booked every other game and sent off once a season.

Be a yes from me. No nonsense defender who will put his left nut sack in the way to block a shot. You don't see this guy turning his back when forwards are shooting.

31? Who cares he still has a good 3 seasons in him. We need a leader at the back and I think Williams could be the player to be just that.

Will Williams still be a starting quality player a year from now, or two years from now? Why not invest the money into someone who will be? I would find this very strange and good business for Swansea.

Maybe because there are multiple poditions to fill and we have several young cb's already?

Will Williams still be a starting quality player a year from now, or two years from now? Why not invest the money into someone who will be? I would find this very strange and good business for Swansea.

He'd be another good option to have IMO. If we sign Koubillay aswell then the centre half positions will be solid and good for rotation. I just want Stones offloaded as soon as possible