IGNORED

Ashley Williams

I think he is the experienced, quality defender Jags and Everton have been crying out for. Our performances at the back since he started playing have been nothing short of a revelation. I think his move here will also help the younger players as they get to learn from him.

I've stopped getting palpitations any time the ball gets near our goal now. If Gana hasn't snuffed it out then Williams or Jags will hack the ball away, no questions asked.

I swear he and jags haven't lost a header yet. Any time a high ball heads their way I know either will head it away and Gana will find it and start an attack. I don't fear when other teams attack our box anymore, great signing.

I thought Negredo bullied Jags at the start of the game. He did quite well to make it 1v1's against jags and in my opinion won most of them. Not many are going to get the better of Ash in the air.

• 1 month later...

“He’s got loads of experience at international level and in the Premier League, so it’s great to work with him.

“He’s a good talker as well and that means we can communicate very well on the pitch.

“We’ve still got some things that we have to iron out which only comes with time but, at the minute, we’re understanding each other’s game, trying to learn more and asking questions about what the other one prefers in certain situations.”

“I can definitely learn from him,” Williams added. “He’s got a different way of working sometimes and there’s a difference in how he likes to deal with certain situations within the game.

“When I came in I was very quick to try to speak to him and see how he does certain things and then we work out a way of doing things that is best for both of us

to me it just seems that Williams is saying that he has met an experienced campaigner that has a slightly different style to him and they need to work on making it knit... he's always been the captain and most experienced and he has met someone similar in age etc.

Hes got loads of experience at international level and in the Premier League, so its great to work with him.

Hes a good talker as well and that means we can communicate very well on the pitch.

Weve still got some things that we have to iron out which only comes with time but, at the minute, were understanding each others game, trying to learn more and asking questions about what the other one prefers in certain situations.

I can definitely learn from him, Williams added. Hes got a different way of working sometimes and theres a difference in how he likes to deal with certain situations within the game.

When I came in I was very quick to try to speak to him and see how he does certain things and then we work out a way of doing things that is best for both of us

to me it just seems that Williams is saying that he has met an experienced campaigner that has a slightly different style to him and they need to work on making it knit... he's always been the captain and most experienced and he has met someone similar in age etc.

It's all wishy washy comments though. Nothing concrete about what he can learn from Jagielka, just says different. Not often different is positive, I'm hoping Jags learns Williams way rather than the other way round.

• 1 month later...