IGNORED

Ashley Williams

Koscielny injured for Arsenal tonight leaving them with only 2 youngsters as recognised CBs. Wouldn't be surprised to see them enter the fray

I doubt Wenger would be willing to match our evaluation.

I have only just realised I wasn't in the Stones thread. So I thought Dunc was meaning they might come in for Stones :lol:.

I hope this is a goer. Financially it probably doesn't make much sense but he is the type of defender we are missing at the moment being big, strong and a leader. He is also less of a risk than some of the players we have been linked with for mega money and have never played over here.

not to bring Lukaku into this thread but.... when people talk about "beasts" this lad is a beast. Not because he looks big and strong - its because he is strong, big difference between the two, he has a fire in his belly that means if it is you and him in a one on one battle then you need to be at your very best otherwise you are eating turf.

He brings complete focus, professionalism, hunger that we seen in players like Cahill, Reid, Gray - these players energise the team. The set an example and run through walls.

The soft underbelly will go from our defence - a tremendous signing that Arsene Wenger should have made 2 years ago.

Now I am excited. This is just the type of signing that will improve us.

Add Gueye and his energetic style into the middle and all we need now is a spark.

It doesn't even need to be a first team player, just someone to keep the likes of Lukaku and Ross fighting for thier place.

Edited by Shukes

I'll trust SSN more than that rag. 2 years with the option of extending 2 years maybe?

Yup, strange move that it took stones transfer first. If we have 100m to throw around just get it done?

Assuming the original 100m is true, we should see some real activity now. Pocket 30m from stones deal and Pogba move being done. Hopefully get some creativity next.

I'm guessing that it was a matter of not signing someone first in case it falls through? No doubt the deals have been arranged in parallel. Maybe announcing Williams before Stones would've taken something away from the Stones move and City wanted all the media attention?