IGNORED

Spurs

Finn balor

First game of the season and anything can happen. With Spurs having a good midfield I can see us playing 3-5-2 and packing the middle of the park but I'd rather play 4-3-3 with rom,Kev and Gerry causing havoc. I expect steck,Coleman,stones,Mori,holgate,Baines,gueye,Ross,Barry,Gerry,rom.

Hope we get off yo a good start and the crowd get behind the lads. U can't help but get excited first game so gonna go for hard fought 2-1 late winner from Kev

Guest rusty747

1-4 just like at the start of the 84-85 season. Hopefully followed by us finishing the season in the same place we finished the 84-85 season.

1-4 just like at the start of the 84-85 season. Hopefully followed by us finishing the season in the same place we finished the 84-85 season.

Well they do say it's not how you start it's how you finish, I remember winding up my red brother 3 games in and top of the league 1993-94 season......and we all know how that finished !

Patience is obviously needed and I'm willing to give our new manager at least untill half time against Spurs before we prove to be world beaters.

Edited by Blue 250

From what I have seen so far I don't see it ending well. Spurs still look pretty lively in pre-season and well... we don't!

I think it will be important for Koeman to get off to a good start but I must admit I do fear a tonking.

Remember how we beat Southampton 3-0 away early last season? Slow start appears to be Koeman's trademark.

Remember how we beat Southampton 3-0 away early last season? Slow start appears to be Koeman's trademark.

And they looked really really poor..

I wouldn't be surprised if we do Spurs. It's the Everton way really, we will do Spurs, get our hopes up and take 2 points for the bext 3 or something.

For me though the team mentioned before has 4 match winners in it for me ( Rom, Ross, Kev and Gerry ) we keep it tight at the back and I have every bit of confidence that those 4 will make something happen.

Koeman says Everton are 70% ready for the start of the season. Adds that when he was at Southampton the team was 100% ready.

Fitness is obviously shite.

I'd read he'd ordered 3 sessions a day for the players.

Crack the whip Ronald.

i'm glad we have ron because he will crack the whip and get their fat asses into shape. about time we played a full match without running out of steam.

Guest rusty747

So Jags is going to be ready to play?

I'd think about starting Tarashaj up top.

Now that is a good shout. In all the transfer excitement I had completely forgotten him.