IGNORED

Lamine Kone

We're supposed to have money though Paul, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd have all spent heavily and not relied on a player going out to move in the market.

I've not fully delved into it tbh mate but I think there's more to it than that ie already having the funds but don't quote me on that like

I still don't see it as panic buying though the same people saying it smacks of a panic buy are the ones saying "don't threat we've plenty of time the window shuts on the 31st"

Edited by EFC-Paul

His agent looks to be wanting Sunderland to offer him a better deal and is pushing up his worth.

Strange that sky reported he was at Goodison. They usually don't report things unless there is some truth in it.

Touch and go I guess.

Edited by AidanLewis

Update (SSN):

"Could Ashley Williams form a new central defensive partnership with Lamine Kone at Goodison Park?

Our sources are telling us that Everton have agreed an £18m fee for the Sunderland defender.

But we understand Kone is still training with Sunderland today and at the moment is Still available for their season opener against Manchester City."

Update (SSN):

"Could Ashley Williams form a new central defensive partnership with Lamine Kone at Goodison Park?

Our sources are telling us that Everton have agreed an £18m fee for the Sunderland defender.

But we understand Kone is still training with Sunderland today and at the moment is Still available for their season opener against Manchester City."

I think a deal must be agreed in principle and maybe they are doing what we did with Stones - keeping it quiet till they get the replacement sorted. If they get £18m and then go for a player then they will get rinsed.

I think a deal must be agreed in principle and maybe they are doing what we did with Stones - keeping it quiet till they get the replacement sorted. If they get £18m and then go for a player then they will get rinsed.

They've just signed 2 from United, haven't they?

It could well be. McNair looks to be progressing from what I've read. Really excited to sign this lad the Mackems rate him very very highly.

I'm not convinced. He's basically just forced Sunderlands hand in public, you think Moyes is going to let that fly?

I saw it more that way too.

It was almost apologetically saying the club hasn't offered him a new contract... So sorry I am off.

Went quiet when they asked him if he wanted to stay......said ye very quietly with a smirk.

I think we will get him, he clearly has been in Liverpool so it's probably moyes trying to get more money knowing we have the stones money. I can't see jags wanting to move up there, but if he knows he won't be first choice he might want one big last move. Even if he doesn't come there are plenty of other centre backs we could go for