IGNORED

Lamine Kone

Could be but if he's that unhappy, ask for a transfer. It's coming across as tactics to force a sale so he doesn't lose any potential loyalty bonus

To be fair, according to the article, Sunderland dicked him on his first contract, then dicked him over a new contract in the summer, before telling him "Don't worry we'll give you a new contract once your escape window is closed", then when he complains giving him a contract that was not as promised.

If all this is true why would you forgo a loyalty fee when Sunderland have been the disloyal party.

To be fair, according to the article, Sunderland dicked him on his first contract, then dicked him over a new contract in the summer, before telling him "Don't worry we'll give you a new contract once your escape window is closed", then when he complains giving him a contract that was not as promised.

If all this is true why would you forgo a loyalty fee when Sunderland have been the disloyal party.

spot on. the lads done nothing wrong here. sunderland has acted like idiots. moyes too.

well put. Hasn't he only been there 6 months?!

Let's be honest...if this was an Everton player, we'd be absolutely fuming on this forum.

Either that or we would be fuming at the club for fucking around. I don't know what life is like as a Sunderland supporter, but I've known times where everything that happened with Everton seemed to be a symptom of the club's failures.

This isn't to defend Kone. I've got no clue as to the reality of the situation. What are their fans saying about this one?

Edited by JoeQuince

Either that or we would be fuming at the club for fucking around. I don't know what life is like as a Sunderland supporter, but I've known times where everything that happened with Everton seemed to be a symptom of the club's failures.

This isn't to defend Kone. I've got no clue as to the reality of the situation. What are their fans saying about this one?

Ive got a few Macum mates and they just want him gone now, they don't blame the club at all

To be fair I can se where they are coming from, he only signed in January and was offered a new contract this week and has turned it down so they feel the club has done right by him

Let's be honest...if this was an Everton player, we'd be absolutely fuming on this forum.

Not really, most would just be like "fuck him, move him on"

Nobody wants a good player to leave, we had the same with Stones, nobody here fumed at him for wanting away we just wanted it resolving.

Not really, most would just be like "fuck him, move him on"

Nobody wants a good player to leave, we had the same with Stones, nobody here fumed at him for wanting away we just wanted it resolving.

Can't remember Stones putting himself in the media spotlight???

This is like the Lukaku situation. See how people feel about that one.

I think people would look at this a little differently if they applied it to their own job. If you were promised a new contract for helping the team stay up, which he did being their star defensive player, and then they didnt offer you that contact at the end of the season you would be pretty pissed off.

You would then find it more insulting if you got another job offer on the table and then they said they would only give you the new contract after the chance to join this other company was no longer on the table. Then to rub even more salt into the wound after you had rightly kicked up a fuss about what is going on, they brought their offer forward, made it known to everyone, but offered you a much lower wage than you were expecting.

I can see exactly why he wants out and I sure as fuck would too.

I just think it's gone messier than it needed to be.

He must have known of our interest. Used the contract malarkey as a way out. He just have just said 'I want to leave, thanks'. Why is this becoming rare these days? That a player just says to his club 'Better opportunity, thanks for what you've done but I'd like to go....'

Isn't that what we do when we move jobs?!

Unfortunately it is heard for this type of thing behind close doors these days.

Its not like Sunderland have tried to keep it quite as they themselves have been giving the story to the press as well.

they seemed to have been defending themselves publicly in my eyes.

Anyway, que sera sera

Can't remember Stones putting himself in the media spotlight???

This is like the Lukaku situation. See how people feel about that one.

Moyes has been the one doing all the talking about this one, the player has said nothing other than an alledged false statement leaked to the press.

It's the same situation with Lukaku, if he wants to go, let him go it's that simple.