IGNORED

Yeovil Town (League Cup Home) Tuesday August 23

markjazzbassist

there we go, now i can make my revised lineup.

Robles

Holgate Jags Williams

Davies McCarthy Gibson Oviedo

Lennon Lukaku Bolasie

I'd have Lennon back for Davies and bring Geri upfront, he needs to up his stamina and could get a real confidence boost if he's able to skin his defender.

Davies should be brought on later on to dictate the game, probably for Gibson who I don't see lasting the game.

Agree with the rest though

I'd have Lennon back for Davies and bring Geri upfront, he needs to up his stamina and could get a real confidence boost if he's able to skin his defender.

Davies should be brought on later on to dictate the game, probably for Gibson who I don't see lasting the game.

Agree with the rest though

yeah i was switching lennon to that wing back role at first but figured RK would want to get Davies a little playing time. we will see.

He isn't a right back or right wing back either, he is just filling a hole.

Davies isn't going to play often, so when he gets the chance to play 90 minutes it will be best for his development to play in his more natural position.

He said he is gaining an understanding of the position, and that will help his future game as he'll have more of an idea what the rb will be thinking.

there is no rb in my lineup. not sure if you know this, but the 343 employs WINGBACKS.

http://www.football-bible.com/soccer-info/soccer-positions-explained.html

hope that helps

For someone who didn't understand how transfers worked until recently that's rich and has made me giggle a bit :lol: I'm sure those pages have come in handy for you, fair play for trying to educate yourself, I'll be sure to keep an eye on if your footballing knowledge improves as a result. Edited by Romey 1878

For someone who didn't understand how transfers worked until recently that's rich and has made me giggle a bit :lol: I'm sure those pages have come in handy for you, fair play for trying to educate yourself, I'll be sure to keep an eye on if your footballing knowledge improves as a result.

glad you got a laugh out of it, thats what it was meant for :afro2:

He said he is gaining an understanding of the position, and that will help his future game as he'll have more of an idea what the rb will be thinking.

yep, same thing as galloway at LB. glad i'm not the only one, thanks pete!

Galloway is a defender who is comfortable on the ball and therefore can play and LB, much like Holgate can on right.

Why would you want to play a midfielder, who isnt even necessarily a defensive midfielder, at RB when he can play in midfield?

Galloway is a defender who is comfortable on the ball and therefore can play and LB, much like Holgate can on right.

Why would you want to play a midfielder, who isnt even necessarily a defensive midfielder, at RB when he can play in midfield?

who else will play there o oracle? we don't even have a right wing back in the starting eleven so 2 + 2 = a reserve side not having a RWB either (otherwise he'd be playign for the first team!). it's davies, lennon, or mccarthy, vault me

who else will play there o oracle? we don't even have a right wing back in the starting eleven so 2 + 2 = a reserve side not having a RWB either (otherwise he'd be playign for the first team!). it's davies, lennon, or mccarthy, vault me

Oohh someones getting touchy :)

I doubt we will play 3 at the back so I expect Holgate at RB in a 4-3-3.

yep, same thing as galloway at LB. glad i'm not the only one, thanks pete!

I think what Pete was alluding to (sorry if I misinterpret) but "having more of an idea of what a RB is thinking", is suggesting he's going to be playing in an offensive role against future RB's, to understand their thought processes in that role.

Davies is NOT a defensive player. He's being played there as experience for when he is pitted against his defensive opposite number.

It worked wonders for Bale (although no one ever predicted his meteoric rise from LB to LW) because he understood the natural game of a full back/wing back/side back/just next to a CB.

I think what Pete was alluding to (sorry if I misinterpret) but "having more of an idea of what a RB is thinking", is suggesting he's going to be playing in an offensive role against future RB's, to understand their thought processes in that role.

Davies is NOT a defensive player. He's being played there as experience for when he is pitted against his defensive opposite number.

It worked wonders for Bale (although no one ever predicted his meteoric rise from LB to LW) because he understood the natural game of a full back/wing back/side back/just next to a CB.

Honestly I think it's both; understand what a RB is thinking so I can get past him, but also what is a RB thinking so I know what support I would be expecting.

It's not a matter of getting him to change to a defensive player, it's an education in getting him to understand both sides of the coin of one of the positions that he'll be supporting, supported by and attacking.

Plus, it gives valuable competitive minutes to a developing player.