IGNORED

Stoke City (Home) Saturday August 27

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

I wouldn't argue with that starting eleven but, depending on who plays midweek, I would be tempted to start Bolasie instead of Gerry and bring Gerry on for the last 30 mins.

I think at home we will play totally different formations depending on the opposition. Stoke don't really play with a striker so depends on how Ronnie wants to play it. Can't see how u can drop holgate so can see jags and Williams with him dropping Mori if he's off around the world for internationals. 4-2-3-1 holgate,jags,ash,Baines,gana,Barry,Ross,Kevin,boliaise,rom. 2-0 rom and boliaise

I'd expect us to start with the team we had after 30 or so minutes today. Stoke will play similar to WBA.

But again, any slackers will be off with some capable players sat on the bench.

I don't think McCarthy was a "slacker" today, just the way we lined up v the way they lined up wasn't working. Commentators were certain it was Mirallas or Deulofeu coming off but Koeman saw it right and made the change that won us the game; James upset at being hooked through no fault of his own understandably but I bet he was happy at the end along with the rest of them.

I don't think McCarthy was a "slacker" today, just the way we lined up v the way they lined up wasn't working. Commentators were certain it was Mirallas or Deulofeu coming off but Koeman saw it right and made the change that won us the game; James upset at being hooked through no fault of his own understandably but I bet he was happy at the end along with the rest of them.

I didn't actually mean anything against McCarthy. Not sure why I put 'But again...', as I had nobody in mind.

Think I just meant he has options so he will change it if he needs to.

This will be our 3rd match in 7 days so it's important everyone is fit and healthy. Stoke haven't looked great to start the year barring shaquiri so I think we should win this.

Stekelenberg

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Shaquiri and for some reason Bojan, even when he's not playing well, always worry me. The two can both create that little bit of magic out of nothing.

They were absolutely shite in the first half. I'll be hoping for a repeat of that over the 90 minutes against us.

I saw it as them being completely outclassed, City didn't give them a chance to breathe. If we suffocate them like that, we should be in for a good result provided we don't take our foot off the pedal.