IGNORED

U21s

• 2 weeks later...

He's technically not 23 anymore of course, but what's the deal with Luke Garbutt? The few games I've seen him play he stood out and thought his crossing was impressive. I know he didn't get loaned out to a squad and Sam wouldn't put him out over Martina which is about as damning a condemnation as can be on his status/form...has he come to the end of the line and destined for lower league football? Or can we see him back and making a contribution in an Everton team shirt someday towards the end of season (or making next year's roster?). 

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I thought both Kenny and Dowell were good. Kenny is a tough little cookie and Dowell was the only player who could play a quality pass. I actually saw him make a tackle too! 

I didnt see anything from Connolly to say he was a full back or wide midfielder.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ye complete opposite to the semi final, Connelly was anonymous and Dowell was involved.

The only thing with Dowell is that if he wants a future under Silva then he has to do far more defensive work and be more aggressive. His future should be in central midfield, an English KDB, but Im not sure he has the mentality for it. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

The only thing with Dowell is that if he wants a future under Silva then he has to do far more defensive work and be more aggressive. His future should be in central midfield, an English KDB, but Im not sure he has the mentality for it. 

I agree. Sounds like we’re talking about Barkley all over again. Aggression is needed in that position, you need to want to win possession back, you need to want to receive the ball and you need to want to hurt your opponent.

2 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

Dowell isn'ttt ready yet. He needs to go on loan to a CHMP team fighting for promotion or a PL team fighting relegation. 

Many people said the same about Barkley before Martinez got hold of him.

Loans are great for players that just need to play, just like Dowell did. He needed to know what a full hard season against men felt like. We need to identify whether we have a space in the side for him. If we don't this season but might next then yep loan him out again but if he will play 1500-1800 minutes with our players and our manager then he should be kept and that experience will be far more valuable than going anywhere else.

Once again it is tough for him because not only are we a little congested in that area with the first team, but he will also be competing for minutes with Lookman and Vlasic in those attacking roles. Bolasie must almost certainly be moved on this window.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Many people said the same about Barkley before Martinez got hold of him.

Loans are great for players that just need to play, just like Dowell did. He needed to know what a full hard season against men felt like. We need to identify whether we have a space in the side for him. If we don't this season but might next then yep loan him out again but if he will play 1500-1800 minutes with our players and our manager then he should be kept and that experience will be far more valuable than going anywhere else.

Once again it is tough for him because not only are we a little congested in that area with the first team, but he will also be competing for minutes with Lookman and Vlasic in those attacking roles. Bolasie must almost certainly be moved on this window.

I definitely agree with you for most of that, but Dowell isn'tt the physical presence that Barkley is. That's huge advantage in the PL. 

But you're spot on everything else though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...