IGNORED

Cuco Martina

Koeman prefers to stand by his signings it seems, even if it's clear to see that what was already here would seem better.

Am I the only one who's noticed that, or am I miss reading some of his decisions.

Stek over Joel was a poor one. Joel was pulled a lot easier as well.

Koeman prefers to stand by his signings it seems, even if it's clear to see that what was already here would seem better.

Am I the only one who's noticed that, or am I miss reading some of his decisions.

Yeah this is the main thing don't like about him so far. For whatever reason he seems to have a couple long-term favorites who he brings from club to club who aren't worth their weight, and he stands by them with an almost defensive religiosity. It almost surprises me that Stekelenburg isn't starting in front of Pickford.

Yeah this is the main thing don't like about him so far. For whatever reason he seems to have a couple long-term favorites who he brings from club to club who aren't worth their weight, and he stands by them with an almost defensive religiosity. It almost surprises me that Stekelenburg isn't starting in front of Pickford.

That's the thing though. Who's his favorites now? Martina will be benched immediately once Seamus is fit. Not even a question. So he's not a favorite. Stek has been benched. Schneiderlin? He's earned his place. So who then?

That's the thing though. Who's his favorites now? Martina will be benched immediately once Seamus is fit. Not even a question. So he's not a favorite. Stek has been benched. Schneiderlin? He's earned his place. So who then?

Stek last year over Robles and Martina this year over Holgate/Kenny. And as much as I think Schneiderlin was a good buy and has done very well for us, he's the last person in that midfield that would be dropped, and I personally think Gana is more valuable and Davies is approaching Morgan's value.

Stek last year over Robles and Martina this year over Holgate/Kenny. And as much as I think Schneiderlin was a good buy and has done very well for us, he's the last person in that midfield that would be dropped, and I personally think Gana is more valuable and Davies is approaching Morgan's value.

I'll give him more leeway with keepers as they typically aren't changed regularly like outfield players. Kenny has had 1 PL appearance from memory, and when he has played in pre-season hasn't been a significant step above anyone. Kenny needs games, but he'll be bought in like the other young players. Davies and DCL weren't starting every game when they came from the U23's either. Holgate started against City and I think Koeman will pick based on the RB role he wants - attacking with Martina or defensive with Holgate.

Koeman has his faults, but picking his favourites hasn't been as bad as the last couple of managers we've had.

Bandwagon alert!

Critisiced him loads is far.

But have to admit he did a job last night. One particular moment in our area where he blocked the first shot and then made a tackle on the rebound. Blocked a couple of shots as I remember.

Got taken down the outside on a couple of occasions, but all fullbacks suffer that.

Good at attacking, not many critisice him for that and rightly so.

But his defending is better than average as well.

Again we have to bow down to the professionals on this one. Divided opinions are one thing.... but trained coaches and high paid managers rate him.... and last night he proved me wrong... for now.

26 minutes ago, patto said:

Poor old Martina he's taking some stick on here I like holgate but every time we get on the attack he couldn't cross the ball martina can give the lad some support. 

Holgate can cross, just not as well as Coco, it was Holgate and DCL who set up Rooney against Man City. Coco is just too poor defensively. 

We tried the "Well score one more than you" under Martinez and it didn't work so well.

Coco would work well in a back 5 but in a back 4 he is a liability. 

3 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

I'm perplexed by the situation . How has Koeman not known how shit he is after he's managed him at 3 different clubs? 

Didn't watch him in Holland but he has always been shite every time I've seen him for Southampton. How has he managed to move to a club supposedly on the rise??

Clearly he likes him. How else can you explain why he started today and why he was not substituted?

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

With every fibre of my being I hope he never pulls on an Everton shirt again. A wank stain wouldn't like to be called Cuco Martina. 

How many times did he leave there left back today- he was sucked in constantly- I know we were over run by Erikksen at times but fuck me, he was miles out of position all game, his feeble swing of the leg for their second I thought my pulmonary artery was going to explode. 

He is shit- I honestly thought he's fill in for the odd game and do a Hibbert- nothing spectacular but do a job. My fucking od was I wrong.

he cannot play another competative game for us.

9 minutes ago, Paddock said:

...I honestly thought he's fill in for the odd game and do a Hibbert- nothing spectacular but do a job. My fucking od was I wrong.

I totally agree and said as much before the game.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Martina starting is a big mistake... When Martina was brought in, I assumed it was for backup, not for a starting position.