IGNORED

Cuco Martina

gotcha, but i'm not going crazy right? he did spend a year on loan playing RB somewhere i thought.

He had a year at Coventry - may have played RB. He was their unofficial player of the season but they wouldn't award it to a loanee. He was at Walsall until we recalled him last season but pretty sure he played CB for Walsall.

He played CB for Tranmere too.

Highly thought of by all clubs that's played for as well.

I think he impressed most of us too in what was a defensively 'unorganised' (at best) Martinez team towards the end of last season. I hope he can come back and benefit from Koeman's stewardship.

I think he impressed most of us too in what was a defensively 'unorganised' (at best) Martinez team towards the end of last season. I hope he can come back and benefit from Koeman's stewardship.

Definitely. I knew fans of his loan clubs all rated him but having not watched him myself I didn't have a solid opinion. But, like you said, he looked good in his few appearances for us. He acquitted himself well.

Yes you are correct

Thanks Dunc.

Regarding Pennington he looks a pure old fashioned style defender, perfect for the lower leagues so no surprise he has done well there.

I know he got game time under Martinez however I think he will suit Koeman's style more.

• 8 months later...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/808847/Everton-Transfer-News-Cuco-Martina-Southampton-Talks-Negotiations/amp

If it stops Holgate playing right back and provides competition for Kenny in Coleman's absence then it makes sense. I'd love Trippier (which won't happen as it now seems he's got a future at Spurs) but signing a player like him would be as first choice - it's clear Coleman is still first choice but obviously not available for the foreseeable future. A signing like this may actually give Kenny more chances but still offer us experienced competition naturally in that position from a player Koeman knows well.

Southampton mates of mine tell me he is shite.

Anybody watching him could tell you he was/is shite.

No room for sentiments in some capacity (for Ron) but in other ways (Stek) he can't fuck them off. Don't care if he's on a free if he's not going to add anything.

Might as well hire me, i'll play for £5k a week and my agent (the mrs) only wants a 4 bedder.

• 3 weeks later...