IGNORED

Cuco Martina

• 4 weeks later...

Looked like he hasn't been fully instructed. We had a corner and he wondered across the pitch to be the furthest player forward on the left hand side. Didn't seem to be in much of a hurry getting back into position either.

Gana give him an ear full once Martina finally got back into position.

That's the problem, he doesn't fill the gap. Rookie defending at times including heading a ball back into our own 18 yard box.

Good attacking outlet but a poor defender.

thought was average at best but didn't think he was poor

Would prefer Holgate getting some more game time if we're playing 4 at the back though. Martina might be alright as a RWB rather than a traditional RB

Just re-watching the highlights from the weekend. How anyone can say this guy did ok is beyond me. Absolutely all over the place at times, a really lazy attitude to defending too.

Been keeping quiet just in case I got it all wrong.

As soon as he came in the nearly scored.

Lost possession so many times, and not once did he try to get back to regain it... just jogged back into position.

Last few seconds, loses position and we're only save by a world class save from Pickford.

Epitome of average.

Lost possession so many times, and not once did he try to get back to regain it... just jogged back into position.

Last few seconds, loses position and we're only save by a world class save from Pickford.

Epitome of average.

He looked like a competition winner for that last chance. He was that out of place. I just don't get why he is here.

Epitome of average.

So many have talked about his abilities on the ball, but I just don't see it. Over and over again, he lost possession in our half, and, as you say, didn't even fight to regain it.

The only place he offered any quality at all was if he got the ball on the right wing, already forward, with space.

I'd much rather have Holgate's solid defending and ability to retain possession rather than having Martina's liability with the slight promise of a good cross here or there.