IGNORED

Sunderland (Away) Monday September 12

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

If we are going to compete for Europe next year then this is the sort of game where a draw is not good enough. A scrappy but professional 0-1 will do fine. 0-4 would, of course, be even better!

This is the most important game of the season for us so far. We have started well, but must kick on after the international break. Sunderland did us at Goodison last season, but we are a different team now. Moyes will want to get one over his old team and show Kone that Sunderland is the team for him. Koeman will not accept anything other than a win. A strong performance led by Barkley determined to show Allardice how wrong he was to leave him out, Lukaku who has found the net and Baines who has found his confidence after Martinez. I expect us to win and hope we win well.

Edited by London Blue

This is the most important game of the season for us so far. We have started well, but must kick on after the international break. Sunderland did us at Goodison last season, but we are a different team now. Moyes will want to get one over his old team and show Kone that Sunderland is the team for him. Koeman will not accept anything other than a win. A strong performance led by Barkley determined to show Allardice how wrong he was to leave him out, Lukaku who has found the net and Baines who has found his confidence after Martinez. I expect us to win and hope we win well.

Personally I would be very pleased if it's the same score line as it was at Goodison last year !

It's also been an international break.

Coming back strong after these breaks are where teams can really push on.

Absolute must win this one.

Although results have been good so far....I feel we have only had one real performance.

The others could have easily ended in boring and frustrating draws.

We won 6-2 didn't we?

Guest rusty747

I agree with your starting eleven. The only discussion point is over Holgate or Coleman at rb.

This game will determine whether we can look forward with real hope and belief or if we will continue to draw games we need to win. A great opportunity to force a few punters to reappraise their opinion of 'plucky' Everton imho.

Guest rusty747

I don't see how you can drop holgate. I'd like koeman to install it that whoever is performing keeps the shirt regardless of injuries, suspensions etc.another clean sheet would be nice. But I don't really care just want the three points

Inclined to agree.

I don't see how you can drop holgate. I'd like koeman to install it that whoever is performing keeps the shirt regardless of injuries, suspensions etc.another clean sheet would be nice. But I don't really care just want the three points

It's a difficult decision, and I'm happy I'm not in the position to have to make it (well, I'd be happy making the money Koeman makes, but you catch my drift). I just put the XI I expect to see, not the one I'd prefer to see. It's a tough one for Koeman. Holgate has been playing well, and you'd hate to kill that momentum. But, he's 19 and has plenty of time ahead of him. Coleman has been an integral part of the team and does a lot for us in attack. He's also a leader on the pitch and an international captain. He's the kind of player you CAN just plug back into the XI. Either way, I'll be happy.

Stek

Holgate Williams Jags Baines

Gueye Barry

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas

Rom

I'd like to see Holgate start the game and Coleman come on into a back 5 for the last 10 minutes or so if we are winning the game.

Would like to see Deulofeu start over Bolasi too, as he hasn't had a chance to really shine yet and this could be it.

Minus the Holgate/coleman situation, I'd almost bet my nan on that being our back 6.

I wonder if Valencia will get any game time later in the game. Although I'm drastically underwhelmed of the signing of him, I do hope he comes on and proves us wrong.

Stek

Holgate Williams Jags Baines

Gueye Barry

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas

Rom

I'd like to see Holgate start the game and Coleman come on into a back 5 for the last 10 minutes or so if we are winning the game.

Would like to see Deulofeu start over Bolasi too, as he hasn't had a chance to really shine yet and this could be it.

Minus the Holgate/coleman situation, I'd almost bet my nan on that being our back 6.

I wonder if Valencia will get any game time later in the game. Although I'm drastically underwhelmed of the signing of him, I do hope he comes on and proves us wrong.

Agree with this lineup - and I expect Valencia to play for at least 20 minutes.

The Coleman/Holgate decision will tell us a lot about the new manager. He appears to have a ruthless streak, and I expect him to stick with Holgate. He's not going to be swayed by past reputation.