IGNORED

Rate our 2016 Transfer Window (and TDD)

Lowensda

Rate them.

TW - 6/10

Good signings in Gueye and Williams. Not sold on Bolasie at all (even more so for a club record deal) and I think Stekelenburg will be slightly better version than Joel throughout a season but is prone to confidence knocks. Didn't address some major issues in the squad, like a striker, creative player, another mid, 1st team keeper.

TDD - 1/10

The young kid could be quite handy. Rest of it was a fucking disaster.

Good window. Got a keeper wanting to prove himself and so far has. Got a defensive mid who looks like a bargain and has been excellent. Sold a inconsistent but flashy defender for a non nonsense solid defender veteran who also add leadership. Got a big fucking unit of a winger in bolasie who gives us pace and direct crosses to the box and versatility across both wings.

Ok day, the youngster is nice and Valencia will be out to prove himself and I think he could turn out to be a decent signing.

Got rid of a lot of dead wood too.

Gk - Stekelenburg, in the class below the top keepers, but will be a good stop gap until we can find the next De Gea or Lloris. 7/10

Cb - Williams, arguably the best centre half in the prem and adds some much needed steel to the back 10/10

Rb - back up player fell through, however the emergence of Holgate cooled our search to find another.

Cm - Gana Gueye. Replaced a leggy Mccarthy and has complimented Barry well. 8/10.

Rm - Bolasie adds competition, hopefully we won't see Kone on the wing again. Price and consistency is a worry. 6/10.

Am - we tried our hardest and got played for bigger contacts or to get the move elsewhere that they wanted. Hopefully the club will drop their home work and make sure players actually want to come in the future. Personally think we were too public with our dealings. 0/10

St - see am.

St - Valencia, back up striker and can do a decent job in the wing. 6/10 (as a back up striker, not considered as completion for Rom).

Dead line day - 2/10. We tried, but got played. Hopefully lessons are learned and we do our future deals early and under the radar.

Over all - 6/10. One big signing from being an 8/10.

Deadwood cleared: Osman, Pienaar, Howard, Hibbert, and McGeady 8/10 just need rid of Niasse.

Edited by pete0

Just landed in Majorca. Was on the plane with Pennington who's on crutches?????

What a shocking deadline day. Lied to more than anything. £100m war chest? We sold Stones FFS and spent nothing more outrageous

Just enjoy your holiday. Stay off TT and away from Everton for a week or 2.

Posted it twice before..... I have MAJOR doubts about Moshiri! Even more so now. He's put NOTHING into us this window. Stones and a tiny proportion TV money covers all transfers and new appointment.

Shocking

He swung and missed on some good ones. Why should he buy players and overpay just to make fans happy? We would be calling for his head in 6 months when somebody he blew £40m on didn't cut the mustard. We've had missed opportunities, sure. But, we can't make the world conform to what we want. Maybe someday we will become the club that makes every player turn their head when we come calling. But, we aren't there yet. Our squad isn't total shit and we are playing well. Let's see where we are at in a few months. If desperate times call for desperate measures, then let's spunk it all on some hot commodity. If we're doing well, then we will rightly feel like assholes.

He swung and missed on some good ones. Why should he buy players and overpay just to make fans happy? We would be calling for his head in 6 months when somebody he blew £40m on didn't cut the mustard. We've had missed opportunities, sure. But, we can't make the world conform to what we want. Maybe someday we will become the club that makes every player turn their head when we come calling. But, we aren't there yet. Our squad isn't total shit and we are playing well. Let's see where we are at in a few months. If desperate times call for desperate measures, then let's spunk it all on some hot commodity. If we're doing well, then we will rightly feel like assholes.

I'm dubious we were ever looking to spend more than the Stones fee! As soon as we sold him we started to buy. Before that we were pretty much paddling in the same spot. Very skeptical of his real intentions. He's certainly not going to be an Monsour or Abramovic.

Thrilled, no. Content-happy yeah.

Bad

No new striker

No additional playermakers/competition at mid,

Niasse is still here

Gibson got an extension

Embarrassed by Sissoku

Good -

Upgraded Keeper (starting IX)

Upgraded back 4 with Williams - Stones would have been shit if he stayed (starting IX wash with one lost)

Upgraded Midfield with Gueye (starting IX)

Upgraded front line with Bolasie (starting IX)

Bonus -

Kone actually looks serviceable and lively

Mirallias looks like his head is out of his arse and looks good

Holgate has unexpectedly become a PL quality starting RB (to this point)

Rom is still on Merseyside

Enner may or may not give us a boost at wing/forward, but he's a loan so the risk is mitigated

Random thoughts -

We have brought in 4 new players into the starting IX that are all upgrades to what we had - and John Stones pretty much paid for all of them

We significantly upgraded at the manager position

Steve Walsh is a good hire

If we had actually signed Sissoku, he would have made Aaron Lennon's press conference look like a party. Dude didn't want to be here, period.

Keeping JMC was good business to me. McCarthy is rock solid, but 35 and he WILL get YC accumulation, Besic is out, JMC is needed depth

Folks flipped out when we were rumored to offer 30M for a player as being foolish, but are pissed we didn't spend the 100M kitty we expected. Pick one.

We didn't lose any of the youth we expect to move to first team soon. Did I mention Holgate?

And the end of the day,Koeman has the team looking more organized as a whole, our starting IX, bench and staff are better today than in April, or July. And we're starting 7 points in 3, last year we had 4 from 3. And we have 100M to spend in January!

Great, no - but I do think the glass is half full.

And I hope Sissoku gets dick cancer.

Who said we had £100m to spend? It was media speculation. We aren't fookin stupid "come and rinse us lads, £100m plus stones money burning a hole here"

It appears we went in with the intention of spending money but teams got greedy. Glad we never got sissoko and glad we never got held to ransom.

Before yesterday:

Playing staff 8/10

Coaching staff 7/10

£60m? Not bad at all.

TDD

0/10

But, it's important to remember that the club were not at fault for the 2 big deals here; Napoli pulled out because they couldn't find a replacement and there are a couple reasons (player doesn't want to leave, 3rd Party upped their price...). The only thing they are to blame for is not having better back up options. Bony for £8m looks even more of a steal now...

All I can hope for is an announcement that the docks is coming....

Edited by Matt

I still for the life of me do not understand why its last minute .com for all teams. Do people book a venu8e for their weddings a week before they are due to get married?

I mean what is the benefit of waiting?

Ridiculous isn't it? Clubs get burned all the time from doing it so you'd think they'd learn the lesson not to do it, but a lot seem to leave it late on purpose and not due to circumstances.