IGNORED

Middlesbrough (Home) Saturday September 17

markjazzbassist

This is a must win for me if we are to keep pace for Top 5. Home against a newly promoted side we should get 3 points no excuses. Negredo is a threat but i'm not worried about anyone else they have. I think their backline is weak and we should exploit it. Barkley needs a benching after that abject display last week.

Stekelenberg

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Gerry Mirallas Bolasie

Lukaku

I think Borough will be more than up for it, they technically have nothing to lose.

Koeman is a winner, the type of man that will expect us to go out there and dominate from start to finish and he will expect us to, again, score goals against a weaker side, as he did against Sunderland.

The interesting point now would be do we drop Ross Barkley?

If we're playing off form, then no. Deulofeu came on and changed a game, Bolasi played fantastic almost throughout the match and Mirallas seemed to enjoy playing in that three with Bolasi and Gerry.

On the other hand, could that be Ross' warning? "Get your head down and play, otherwise you won't"?

Personally I think we should start him, he will be up for it against a lesser opponent and will want to show Koeman why he was wrong to take him off against the Mackems.

Stek

Coleman Williams Jags Baines

Gana Barry

Bolasi Barkley Mirallas

Rom

Although I hate to drop Deulofeu after changing that previous game around, I think he's also a very very effective tool to come off the bench.

Jesus, it's almost as if we have competition in this team!

Edited by AidanLewis

This is a must win for me if we are to keep pace for Top 5. Home against a newly promoted side we should get 3 points no excuses. Negredo is a threat but i'm not worried about anyone else they have. I think their backline is weak and we should exploit it. Barkley needs a benching after that abject display last week.

Stekelenberg

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Gerry Mirallas Bolasie

Lukaku

Every game is :lol:

After the opening day draw with Spurs, I posted that we needed to have 13-14 points from our first 7 matches, given their relative ease. I'd now be disappointed to have only 14 after the Palace match. I might even be disappointed with "only" 17 by then.

First or second on 19 doesn't seem absolutely crazy right now, does it?

We are cursed at Anfield. Serious mental disadvantage for us there. I think Koeman may be able to get rid of that mentality though.

i agree, he's a great manager. i would still snap your hand off for a draw before the match though. we just haven't been up for the derby since who knows when (when did we last win there? moyes? )

Why has this turned into a derby thread ha ha? I know it's early days but with our defence and keeper they will give us a platform to beat anybody. Just a mention for stek it's refreshing to see the back four with confidence in our keeper.

yeah the back 4 has been getting a lot of love (deservedely so) but Stek has been excellent. When called into action he makes the routine saves and a couple nice ones as well. In american football there is a term called a "game manager" for a quarterback. they are not a superstar or insanely good, they just don't make mistakes and therefore they are good because of that. He's a game manager, no Neuer like sweeper action but just does the basics well and doesn't have mental farts.

i agree, he's a great manager. i would still snap your hand off for a draw before the match though. we just haven't been up for the derby since who knows when (when did we last win there? moyes? )

Never won there under Moyes.

1999 last time under Walter Smith...

http://www.11v11.com/matches/liverpool-v-everton-27-september-1999-178/

Interestingly enough borough have drawn at Stoke 1-1 at home, beat Sunderland 2-1 away and were held to a goaless draw at West Brom.

More recently they lost at home to palace.

They've played 3/4 of the teams we have so far this season and not had a bad outcome. Even so, we have to win this game and I believe we will do comfortably.

Interestingly enough borough have drawn at Stoke 1-1 at home, beat Sunderland 2-1 away and were held to a goaless draw at West Brom.

More recently they lost at home to palace.

They've played 3/4 of the teams we have so far this season and not had a bad outcome. Even so, we have to win this game and I believe we will do comfortably.

I also think we will win it, but Aidan I don't think it will be easy.

Only one game lost and only four goals against in four games, not bad for a team coming into a higher league.

I will be happy with another clean sheet and for us to score any type of goal.

I also think we will win it, but Aidan I don't think it will be easy.

Only one game lost and only four goals against in four games, not bad for a team coming into a higher league.

I will be happy with another clean sheet and for us to score any type of goal.

We will see, I would expect Koeman to tell the players what he expect, I know the type of club he wants to be and I know he will expect our team to win this game comfortably.

You're right though, no game is easy in this league.

Think Eric should be deleted by the Mods. Every post is utter crap or or on the the wind up. Not sure why he or she bothers.

You've got to love this forum. Someone comes on here with a bit of a personality and has a laugh, doesn't take it too seriously and then people start calling for him to be banned!

Haha get over yourself, not everyone is a Dingle on this forum. Petty.

You've got to love this forum. Someone comes on here with a bit of a personality and has a laugh, doesn't take it too seriously and then people start calling for him to be banned!

Haha get over yourself, not everyone is a Dingle on this forum. Petty.

We all love this forum! Take it with a pinch of salt / tongue in cheek. Not everyone is a fishing town in Ireland?

Think that barryj should be deleted by the Mods. Every post is utter crap or or on the wind up. Not sure why he or she bothers.

Eric - lets cut to the chase... you are probably wasting your time on here. You are probably best finding another means of getting your kicks - the majority of posters have ignored you.

If you wanted to be a successful WUM you should have been a bit more patient and mixed up some valid posts with the utter drosh you have been spouting. You haven't really had much of a rise so I think your efforts have been wasted.

Seriously mate - its a bit sad.

Eric - lets cut to the chase... you are probably wasting your time on here. You are probably best finding another means of getting your kicks - the majority of posters have ignored you.

If you wanted to be a successful WUM you should have been a bit more patient and mixed up some valid posts with the utter drosh you have been spouting. You haven't really had much of a rise so I think your efforts have been wasted.

Seriously mate - its a bit sad.

This is harassment. I have contacted the police.