IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday September 24

markjazzbassist

They were just hammered 4-0 by Man City and have been bottom table for a few games too. They're home and going to be looking to pick up a point or catch us and win. We need all 3 points. This is a game we should win and nothing less. Full strength lineup for me if Lukaku's knock isn't bad.

Stekelenberg

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Bolasie Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

This is our 3rd match in 4 in a 2 week period, I hope the boys aren't tired.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I would consider dropping Mirallas for Deulofeu, Mark, but agree with you otherwise.

I thought about that as well. 2 things for me: Gerry didn't do much in this last match sub to warrant a start, and Barkley got a second chance so I imagine Mirallas will as well.

This game and the Palace game following it are critical to us keeping our momentum going. Teams will already be starting to fear us, just as Boro's manager had his excuses all ready.

With this game and the Palace game I'd like us to just get the 3 points and keep it tight at the back. It's early in the season and I'm not too bothered about performances as yet. What we can do is take the opportunity to build a gap between ourselves and the teams below us. As crazy as it sounds we really can consolidate ourselves into 2nd place before the City match.

I completely agree Paul. Let's put up as many points as possible in case we go through a rough patch were still all right. Great time to be a blue

Back on topic, I expect the Norwich reality check to give the squad fresh impetus for the Bournemouth Game. If all are fit and well then I imagine its the same team who beat Boro although I would be tempted to start Jerry for Mirallas to give him the same chance to improve we gave Barkley. Plus Mirallas has not been great the last couple of league games. I think his pace and ability to go past a man and deliver a cross would be really effective against Bournemouth.

They were just hammered 4-0 by Man City and have been bottom table for a few games too. They're home and going to be looking to pick up a point or catch us and win. We need all 3 points. This is a game we should win and nothing less. Full strength lineup for me if Lukaku's knock isn't bad.

Stekelenberg

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Bolasie Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

This is our 3rd match in 4 in a 2 week period, I hope the boys aren't tired.

I still think it will be this lineup. Gerry will be ready to replace barkley if he decides to phone it in again.

a win tomorrow would put us level with the best start since the 69-70 season in which we won the First Division. up the toffees

http://www.espnfc.us/club/everton/368/blog/post/2956720/gareth-barry-romelu-lukaku-to-boost-everton-as-they-look-to-rebound-against-bournemouth

good match review from luke o'farrell like always

Norwich got pretty lucky with a couple of shots, their only shots on target, should be a lesson to us, shoot more often from distance.

I think we will get a decent responce today, even though I don't think we've been at our best yet, with a few players not really up to speed, Barkley, Mirallas and Lukaku being second in the table will give confidence to the lads.

If we do get every one going, with the added confidence, Bournemouth will become the 5th win in a row.

Would love us to score from a corner, just to say we have.I have a problem getting excited when we win one at the moment.

If we play like we did against Boro then we will be fine. I think the Norwich defeat was the reality check we needed, and hopefully this will spur the players on to get the result. Bournemouth have had a tough side, but they play good football under Eddie Howe and at home will be a threat. I think the burgeoning relationship between Bolasie and Lukaku and the improvement of Mirallas will be key in opening them up. I also expect Ross to improve and put on a show and as Bournemouth will be more positive at home I think he will have the time and space he craves.

The back four look solid and reliable which is so welcome from the roller coaster that was the Martinez defense. I also think the subs, if we use any, will have a point to prove after the Norwich game. Hopefully a win and a well deserved win. COYB!