IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Friday September 30th

markjazzbassist

Last match before the 2 week international break and we're coming off 2 losses and palace just came back 2-0 and beat sunderland 3-2. Big Benteke is their focal point so we'll need Jags and Williams to have an "ON" day at the back. This should be 3 points for me, we need to bounce back and win especially at home against this side.

Stekelenberg

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Bolasie Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Our bench is so weak there's really no changing in the attack that's worthwhile (maybe Kone for Ross go 442). I'd prefer Holgate at the back as he can at least defend unlike coleman.

Last match before the 2 week international break and we're coming off 2 losses and palace just came back 2-0 and beat sunderland 3-2. Big Benteke is their focal point so we'll need Jags and Williams to have an "ON" day at the back. This should be 3 points for me, we need to bounce back and win especially at home against this side.

Stekelenberg

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Gana Barry

Bolasie Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Our bench is so weak there's really no changing in the attack that's worthwhile (maybe Kone for Ross go 442). I'd prefer Holgate at the back as he can at least defend unlike coleman.

think TC had to come in and let Barry recover fully.

Guest rusty747

Important game this (aren't they all!) but it's a chance to either get some momentum started again or a time to realise that we just aren't good enough and that serious improvements to the squad are necessary in January.

Yannick will get the respect he deserves (we may even teach you how to sing his song properly :dry: ) Agree that he will either be up for it, or beat himself every trick I hope our defenders must have some idea of what he may do (even if he dont!)

Yet to have a rotten night at Goodison :P:P

Great venue for football and a decent night out afterwards

Not happy about the ref.....play the advantage....(unless your playing Man U in the FA Cup Final)

Edited by Londoner

Yannick will get the respect he deserves (we may even teach you how to sing his song properly :dry: ) Agree that he will either be up for it, or beat himself every trick I hope our defenders must have some idea of what he may do (even if he dont!)

Yet to have a rotten night at Goodison :P:P

Great venue for football and a decent night out afterwards

Not happy about the ref.....play the advantage....(unless your playing Man U in the FA Cup Final)

The liverpool fans can teach us the song... I think it was them who used it for maxi rodriguez before you boys...

Koeman's Southampton were very patchy last season so I am not really sure what to expect. I can't really see a draw happening, I think it will either be a very encouraging or a very disappointing display by our team. I'd expect to see at least 2 changes from the XI that started at Bournemouth. Baines apparently should be fit, but I'd much prefer Oviedo as LB instead of Funes Mori if it comes to it.

Stekelenburg

Coleman Jagielka Williams Baines

Gueye Barry

Lennon Miralas Bolasie

Lukaku

Subs: Joel, Holgate, Funes Mori, Davies, Barkley, Deulofeu, Valencia

I could even go Holgate over Coleman too.

Koeman's Southampton were very patchy last season so I am not really sure what to expect. I can't really see a draw happening, I think it will either be a very encouraging or a very disappointing display by our team. I'd expect to see at least 2 changes from the XI that started at Bournemouth. Baines apparently should be fit, but I'd much prefer Oviedo as LB instead of Funes Mori if it comes to it.

Stekelenburg

Coleman Jagielka Williams Baines

Gueye Barry

Lennon Miralas Bolasie

Lukaku

Subs: Joel, Holgate, Funes Mori, Davies, Barkley, Deulofeu, Valencia

I could even go Holgate over Coleman too.

With baines' absense confirmed, I wouldn't be too surprised if he resorts to a 3-5-1-1 that looks something like this:

Stekelenburg

Holgate Jagielka Williams

Gueye

Cleverley Barry

Lennon Bolasie

Miralas

Lukaku