IGNORED

Do UK folks drink Iced Tea the beverage?

markjazzbassist

I realized today that Iced Tea is a very common drink in America and realized it's just tea with ice and added sugar. Since the English love their tea i figured i'd ask how you lot regard Iced Tea. Is it an abomination? Is it popular in England? Is it "only for fat americans"?

Your thoughts please.

I don't drink the stuff, i've always thought it tasted bad and only tasted good when it had heaps of sugar added at which point i might as well drink a soda or lemonade.

Have had quite a few iced teas over the years, grandparents, Aunt and cousins lived (and some still do) in Texas.Famliy also in Washington state, though I think more iced tea was consumed in Texas.

Last year brought back from Bellingham a pretty large quantity of 'crystal light' peach iced tea.Must admit it does need a 'flavor'.

Texans tended to drink it in it's raw state, not for me.

Last time in Washington state, got a few 'Yanks' into hot tea, they said it was pretty good.

They think we drink it on the hour...........but they also think we wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas.

yep that's the stuff.

In which case yes we do drink it, widely available so obviously there's a market for it. Never tried it myself but then I don't drink hot tea either, used to have camomile tea occasionally which I liked but never been a fan of the traditional stuff; was always a coffee man but don't drink anything hot now.

In which case yes we do drink it, widely available so obviously there's a market for it. Never tried it myself but then I don't drink hot tea either, used to have camomile tea occasionally which I liked but never been a fan of the traditional stuff; was always a coffee man but don't drink anything hot now.

the stuff people in the south drink is called "unsweet tea" which is just hot tea steeped, then poured over ice. it's bland and tastes like dirt, but people love it down here.

the stuff people in the south drink is called "unsweet tea" which is just hot tea steeped, then poured over ice. it's bland and tastes like dirt, but people love it down here.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but most people in the South definitely drink sweet tea. I had a hard time finding sweet tea (the real home-brewed type) when I lived in WA state.

And of course I love sweet tea, but I've spent most of my life in the South.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but most people in the South definitely drink sweet tea. I had a hard time finding sweet tea (the real home-brewed type) when I lived in WA state.

And of course I love sweet tea, but I've spent most of my life in the South.

yes, which is more popular, sweet tea or unsweet tea? most people i'm around who drink it drink unsweet. i didn't care for the sweet tea either though. not an "iced coffee" kinda guy neither really.

yes, which is more popular, sweet tea or unsweet tea? most people i'm around who drink it drink unsweet. i didn't care for the sweet tea either though. not an "iced coffee" kinda guy neither really.

when I was out west it was unsweetened ice tea but Florida was cold tea syrup there was so much sugar! Both wrong and disgusting.

Definitely sweet tea -- I would say unsweet tea isn't very popular here at all -- though it may be different in New Orleans. It's a little bit different than the rest of the South.

ive moved on to peppermint, fruit and cammomile as they apparently help promote sleep. So I'm now coffee all morning, no caffeine tea all afternoon

Jasmine tea is flavoured real tea, but herbal teas are not. (I do enjoy the occasional mint tea myself, though.)

At college in Wales many moons ago, friends from Fiji made us their local tea. It was fantastic! As I remember, it was made with hot milk and nutmeg.