IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Saturday October 15

markjazzbassist

City have been destroying teams left and right under Pep so far. The international break will give some players a chance to rest up and get back into shape (Baines, Barry, Gerry?) for this match. It's away I think i'd like to see us go 343 to contend with Aguero better. In all honesty with the way we've played lately I'd be very happy with a draw.

Stekelenberg

Holgate Jags Williams

Coleman Gana Barry Baines

Bolasie Lukaku Mirallas

Impact subs - Barkley, Gerry

Really love starting matchday threads don't ya :lol:

i have OCD in a way and hate when the thread just says "kopites" with no rhyme or reason when, where, cup or league, etc. so i just keep a routine format and announce them either after the last match or withiin a week.

it's just something i do to contribute to the forum, i've gotten some PM thank yous from some members so i'll keep it up as long as the mods allow.

I think this game could be just what we need to get us back on track

We have started as favourites in the last 3 games and failed miserably so nobody will be expecting us to get anything here and the pressure will be off. But as badly as weve played , apart from the first half against Bournemouth, weve looked pretty solid defensively. Koeman now has another fortnight on the training pitches to get the players up to speed on his pressing style of football

I can see us pinching a draw

I expected us to respond against Palace, we didn't. This will be a loss. As optimistic as I want to be I cant be, City have started the season as one of the best teams in the world and Koeman will play a hopeful Moyes-esc long ball game as he did (for some unknown reason) against palace.

Id guess we'd play 5 at the back, hopefully Baines is back and fit because Oviedo isn't a defender and if there was one central defender I'd choose not to back him up it'd be Funes Mori (no disrespect).

Put Mirallas back in, as he's been one of the better performers this season and shouldn't have been dropped, and put someone on the bench in Cleverleys, spot who is a footballer with an actual role and style of play.

Hopefully Lukaku will give Stones a bad time as he will know all his flaws inside and out. Let's get our heads down and get a point.

I'd seriously be looking to start with Gerry at City with the instruction chase down that fucking shit keeper! Even if it's for sixty minutes. I think Celtic gave everyone an idea of how to play against City, go at them! At the back they are piss poor. I'd be made up with a point in all honesty but I really don't think they are as good as everyone is making out.

I'd seriously be looking to start with Gerry at City with the instruction chase down that fucking shit keeper! Even if it's for sixty minutes. I think Celtic gave everyone an idea of how to play against City, go at them! At the back they are piss poor. I'd be made up with a point in all honesty but I really don't think they are as good as everyone is making out.

stones, otamendi, fernando, kolarov, are all brain fart culprits. they are weak there for sure. all out attack the fuckers and we might have a chance.

They looked shite against Spurs keep a high tempo don't let them control the pace of the game and we're come away with a win Pep thought Bournemouth were the best team they had come up against that's because they press hard as Spurs did no brainer really get into em

They looked shite against Spurs keep a high tempo don't let them control the pace of the game and we're come away with a win Pep thought Bournemouth were the best team they had come up against that's because they press hard as Spurs did no brainer really get into em

yeah plus Guardiola is like Roberto where they must play out of the back at all costs, so if you go full court press and attack the shit out of them you leave youself exposed on the break but early goals could help.

This is a great point. Bravo has been shaky and Geri is just the guy to run at him every time he's got the ball. It is higher than we typically press, but it is a way to generate an easy chance to score.

Guest rusty747

I agree with the idea of a high press and attacking them but I still don't think it will be enough. I do agree that there will be goals in this game but, unfortunately, I can see City scoring most of them.

I reckon the high press might work until half time and we could change ends level at 2-2. But then, early into the second half we will start to run out of legs and I can see it finishing 5-2 to City.