IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Saturday October 15

markjazzbassist

This is atrocious...we look like a league 2 side

I don't think we are playing poorly at all. I just don't think we were tactically ready for this crazy fucking formation they put out today.

This is a shit penalty to give away. Stupid from Jags.

STEKKERS!!!!

Edited by JoeQuince

We were hopelessly outclassed in that half. I'm not sure if our strategy was to bunker and counter or if Man City is so good in possession that they forced in on us. I suspect the latter. I did notice that at about the 20 minute mark Gueye came to help Oviedo on the wing and that helped some. But all things considered, we are incredibly lucky to be level at half.

Very pleased to go in level. Sometimes you just have to hold up your hands and say the opposition is too good, lucky we have a chance to change things at halftime.

Man City looks so fast and so well organized it's ridiculous. We're just not linking up quickly enough or finding open space enough to get anything going whatsoever against them. Don't think I've ever seen a defense organized so well.

Oviedo...always liked him...never realised how out of his depth he is

Have to hold my hand up and admit I've thought Oviedo a decent player, occasional starter, though better at LW than LB.

But today, he's totally outclassed, in talent, energy, know-how. Most irritating is the he's been moved off the ball by a player whose strength is not his strength.

We've had 3 good counter-attack opportunities, but in each case stymied by our own awful passing. Just basic passing, poor.

Deulofeu offside when looking straight across the line at defenders. Pathetic.

For as bottling in as we are they really haven't threatened at all. Oviedo off immediately for Mori, Mirallas on for Gerry. Have a go

honestly, I'd rather give Oviedo support than just swap him out, because Mori will just suffer the same fate.

TC for Mori, 5 at the back allowing Coleman and Oviedo to press a bit more. Mirallas is a good shout.

Edited by Matt

We don't press, at all. Whenever we get the ball we're absolutely shite with it. Apart from the giving the penalty away the defence has looked good.

Load of crap really. If we don't lose today it'll be a miracle.

If you don't press in modern football you might as well go back to WM. Mind you, Guardiola will probably bring that back.at some point