IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just a thought; if Stek or Joel had conceded that first goal they'd be roasted.

When it went in I literally shouted out loud "what the fuck?!". Couldn't believe he'd been beaten from there. I'm at the other end so don't know if I'm being harsh on him and I don't want to watch any of today back again. 

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just a thought; if Stek or Joel had conceded that first goal they'd be roasted.

Definitely, but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't at fault.

As a keeper you read the ball off the foot, their body position etc. Kane himself didn't mean to do it, its a complete mishit, but still struck with pace and its just happened to loop over him. He was in a good position before the ball was hit, he did what he could to try and make the save but he couldnt get there. Apart from being stuck on his line, I dont think he would have saved it, nor any other keeper for that matter.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Definitely, but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't at fault.

As a keeper you read the ball off the foot, their body position etc. Kane himself didn't mean to do it, its a complete mishit, but still struck with pace and its just happened to loop over him. He was in a good position before the ball was hit, he did what he could to try and make the save but he couldnt get there. Apart from being stuck on his line, I dont think he would have saved it, nor any other keeper for that matter.

I'm not talking about fault either way either, just perception. The goal was pure fluke, even Kane said so.

23 hours ago, MC11 said:

From where I was sitting looked like his fault. His distribution has also become shocking.

Deffo his fault. Flat footed and went over him in a three yard gap. Simply got lobbed on the line the midget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not watched it but apparently a great first half for England.

BBC...

"Jordan Pickford is having a superb game.

He pulls out another great save after Danny Rose's lax defending allows Timo Werner to break clear. The shot that follows is low and on target but can't beat the Everton keeper."

Jermaine Jenas...

"We have created our own situations, but in fairness to Jordan Pickford, he's been brilliant. He's answered all the questions, he's really spread himself and with the ball at his feet, he's been great."