I'm not arsed about players going out etc as long as it's not Darron Gibson levels of drinking and its done at the right time.

For me the lad has a need to knuckle down and realise that as good as he was in the world cup it can change very quickly.

He pissed me off telling zouma to fuck off yesterday.  His relationship with his defence needs work... that is clear.  I noticed when Seamus miscontrolled an easy ball and it spooned for a corner he gave Seamus a pat.... I don't think he fancies having a go at Seamus. Be consistent. 

1 hour ago, sydneyneil said:

There’s not just rumours about Pickford, Michael Keane also...who’s not in bad form...

I don't want to be locationist (if that's a thing) but I've literally heard fuck all about these rumours and I'm local (im guessing you're in Aus with that name). Keane even when in terrible form last season said himself in an interview he wouldn't leave the house incase he bumped into fans. Mark has it right, fans have made this shit up. Probably Kopites doing it. Remember when Danny Agger was out for ages and the rumour was he was on the sherbet? Load of shite and was started by Blues to wind Kopites up.

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm a local and pretty sure that's as true as the ones we heard about Van der Meyde. 

If its true then imagine those two partying with Drenthe! Drinks, drugs, stippers in hot tubs at finch farm and zebras! To some it would be the party to end all parties.

On 13/01/2019 at 07:44, Palfy said:

I think the lesson on here is don’t criticise Pickford in anyway shape or form because SteveO gets very upset 😡 about it😉

Me? Haha

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'm not arsed about players going out etc as long as it's not Darron Gibson levels of drinking and its done at the right time.

For me the lad has a need to knuckle down and realise that as good as he was in the world cup it can change very quickly.

He pissed me off telling zouma to fuck off yesterday.  His relationship with his defence needs work... that is clear.  I noticed when Seamus miscontrolled an easy ball and it spooned for a corner he gave Seamus a pat.... I don't think he fancies having a go at Seamus. Be consistent. 

Noticed that, and it really annoyed me as well. 

There's no doubting his ability as a keeper, but he does have an air of arrogance about him. It can be a good or bad thing.

I think that moment with Zouma showed when it can be a bad thing. I'm all for keepers commanding their defense, but to me that just showed a lack of respect to a fellow teammate. 

5 hours ago, aaron said:

If its true then imagine those two partying with Drenthe! Drinks, drugs, stippers in hot tubs at finch farm and zebras! To some it would be the party to end all parties.

I’d want an invite. 

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’d want an invite. 

I might come along if someone tells me what a stipper is, I'm particular about who/what I share a hot tub with ya know:unsure:.

I didn't think he looked his usual confident self yesterday, looked a bit edgy and uncertain, hopefully he's had the wake up call that he needs to cut out the silly errors, and a clean sheet will have boosted his on pitch confidence.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I would be more concerned if they weren't shouting at each other when one of them fucked up. This isn'ttt the U11's.

Did one of them fuck up in the moment where he told Zouma to fuck off?

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

I like a vocal keeper too, but I don't like dickheads. For some reason, Pickford is absolved of any criticism because he had a decent World Cup. 

If that is aimed at me, I couldn't give a shit about what he does for England!

when the leader of your team is the goalie you need to call brands and ask him to get you some proper leadership in the front 10.  they wouldn't let some punk ass kid be having a bitch fest out there just for the sake of it.  if its warranted fine, but we need steel in this side.  too many nice guys.  we need a nasty fucker to set the other sides straight and our own dressing room.  in hockey they are the enforcers, we need one of those.  

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

when the leader of your team is the goalie you need to call brands and ask him to get you some proper leadership in the front 10.  they wouldn't let some punk ass kid be having a bitch fest out there just for the sake of it.  if its warranted fine, but we need steel in this side.  too many nice guys.  we need a nasty fucker to set the other sides straight and our own dressing room.  in hockey they are the enforcers, we need one of those.  

We badly need a Keane type player.  Fair play I wasn't a Phil Neville fan as he was too much of a Jordan Henderson teachers pet.... "look at me I've got the arm band".... but he knew when to get stick in to the players. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

We badly need a Keane type player.  Fair play I wasn't a Phil Neville fan as he was too much of a Jordan Henderson teachers pet.... "look at me I've got the arm band".... but he knew when to get stick in to the players. 

He never stopped all game from what Coleman says. Him and Carsley kept the team alert. 

Pickford aside there's very little communication/organisational skills going on. Of the outfield players Walcott and Coleman talk a lot to each other. Coleman to Keane as well but not much the other way round. Digne and Gomes (and Bernard when attacking but not Sri much defensively) use more gestures than shouting which could be a language issue for now. Richarlison gets stroppy after a bad pass but there's not much talk before it, like wise Sigurdssen is reactive too with only token gesturing before it. Thinking about it DCL is probably the only effective communicator up top.