IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Guest rusty747

I saw Robles week in week out last season and I know plenty of Macums who all rave about Robles so added to what I've seen from him I'm fairly certain he is the better keeper

Straight swap then?

We already have a talented young keeper. His name is Robles. Koeman made a huge mistake in signing an aging Dutchman, but I don't see him admitting a mistake. (Sorry for the negative tone, but we should be making better use of the assets we have, not spending a fortune in a position where we already have talent waiting in the wings. Spend where the need is much greater.)

Robles has proven time and time again he isn't good enough. He's an ok back up but nowhere near the top quality keeper we desperately need.

Still not sold on Pickford. Granted he's having the season of his life so far but wouldn't be keen shelling top dollar for him he's nowhere near proven enough for that kind of transfer fee imo.

Guest rusty747

Robles has proven time and time again he isn't good enough. He's an ok back up but nowhere near the top quality keeper we desperately need.

Still not sold on Pickford. Granted he's having the season of his life so far but wouldn't be keen shelling top dollar for him he's nowhere near proven enough for that kind of transfer fee imo.

And when he becomes proven, the price doubles. Catch 22 but I say get him in January.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Forster Butland or Pickford would all be good buys tbh

The main reason I prefer Pickford is he's slightly younger than Butland who will always have a serious injury hanging over his head and although Forster who I rate isn't exactly old for a keeper he's nigh on 30 and would likely cost a similar amount

Younger more room for developing and has played very well in a piss poor side and looks very sturdy in comparison to Forster who like Hart is prone to bad costly clangers

Question; has anyone actually watched the main 3 mentioned week in week out?

I very much doubt anyone has nor with any other players we've been linked with or signed over the years, you don't have to watch someone week in week out to know or gauge who's better their suitability etc

I very much doubt anyone has nor with any other players we've been linked with or signed over the years, you don't have to watch someone week in week out to know or gauge who's better their suitability etc

Goalkeepers are a bit different though. I'm always wary about signing them because we don't see them that often. I guarantee that fans outside of Everton still thought Howard was a top keeper while we could see his huge deterioration.

Goalkeepers are a bit different though. I'm always wary about signing them because we don't see them that often. I guarantee that fans outside of Everton still thought Howard was a top keeper while we could see his huge deterioration.

I agree but I've seen enough of all three to know that each is a better option than Robles or Stek

i believe you do

I think that boils down to your defence of Joel, do you genuinely think that Pickford Butland or Forster are not improvements over Joel and Stek!?

Do or have you regularly watched any of the players over the years you've suggested or championed that would clearly improve our side? That's crazy logic to me tbh mate