IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

this bit was interesting on the OS:

The highly-rated goalkeeper has moved to Goodison Park from Sunderland after the first and only negotiations commenced between Everton and the north east club last weekend.

sounds like things have changed for the better.

Sounds like they're aiming that towards the Red Echo for saying we'd had an £8m bid rejected.

Hope he's got ear plugs; the moment he makes a mistake he'll be hung out to dry

Na he'll be fine. Robles does it all the time and he's survived.

Matt. It's up to Robles now. He has competition and apparently a decent manager. If he performs and shows what he can do then it's a straight, fair fight mate.

Hope he's got ear plugs; the moment he makes a mistake he'll be hung out to dry

having a pity party over robles? he's done, was given his chance, he will enjoy playing for watford or norwich or fulham. maybe a trip back to spain. who cares, i'm sure we'll make money on the sale.

Edited by markjazzbassist

This lads OPTA stats for last season show he made 3 TIMES the amount of saves either of our GK'S had to! He was kept well busy.

Just a poor defense in front of him. They have a similar save ratio. Statistically Robles was one of the best keeper in the league.

I just watched some videos back of this lad and my word some of his saves are incredible. I thought his save against Lukaku early in the season was great but you go back through the saves and that wasn't even in thr top 10. The amount that were going in the corner and he gets the feigntest touch was impressive. He can be a bit flamboyant but he does the simple things well, such as getting the ball out of the area after the save. A couple still went back into a dangerous area but the majority were away and clear.

Just a poor defense in front of him. They have a similar save ratio. Statistically Robles was one of the best keeper in the league.

Yeah for sure.

For me, Robles always seemed to lose concentration after a solid run of games. Whether that's part of the problem, I don't know.

I'm not sure he'd save as many if he faced the same amount of shots as Pickford has.