IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

BBC..

"That penalty showed that when you clip it down the middle you can look very silly indeed. Just ask Gary Lineker.

Sweden have been the better side since half-time. Neither side have impressed to be honest.

Jordan Pickford then drops a cross, a routine one too, but he gets away with it..."

:unsure:

I know this is another topic, but I've never really understood why 23-year-olds can play for an Under-21 team. Isn't that 3 years too old?

Think you have to be under 21 on a certain date before the start of the tournament qualifying; if you are you're then OK to play for the whole thing even if you go overage.

If youre 21 during the qualifiers you can play. I dont understand why Victor Nilsson Lindelöf and John Guidetti werent picked to the swedish squad tho. Both are eligable

John Guidetti...that name seems to have been around for years! Must be in his 40's now!!!

If youre 21 during the qualifiers you can play. I dont understand why Victor Nilsson Lindelöf and John Guidetti werent picked to the swedish squad tho. Both are eligable

Since Jordan Pickford turned 23 in March, the qualifiers must have begun no later than March 2015. Can that be right? It also means that U-21 really means 21 and under.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Like the strong arms, he seems to have the instinct to put the ball in a safe place when he can only parry it, great attribute.

Yeah he seems to push it back into the danger zone quite often on those clips. I wonder how many times he got caught out.

He seems to have great reflexes is athletic, but i too think he has a tendency to palm the ball back into the melee. It looks like he was Lucky in those clips but there are one or two when he palms it an opposition player unmarked in the box. Hopefully next season won't be when he starts to do that, but I do worry about 'reverting to the mean'.