IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

I like Pickford, I love how he makes a save but then pings the ball out straight away. I would have loved Lukaku to have been in the team with Pickford, this is what he was calling out for was quick to get the ball out and that he could take on his man. I am living in the past but I think Pickford is that good, the save at the end of the stoke game, saved us 2 points. Then the saves he was making yesterday and screaming at the players, England next no.1 definitely. I don't think Butland has a scratch on him.

I like Pickford, I love how he makes a save but then pings the ball out straight away. I would have loved Lukaku to have been in the team with Pickford, this is what he was calling out for was quick to get the ball out and that he could take on his man. I am living in the past but I think Pickford is that good, the save at the end of the stoke game, saved us 2 points. Then the saves he was making yesterday and screaming at the players, England next no.1 definitely. I don't think Butland has a scratch on him.

If a player struggles to control a 15 yard pass played to him - I struggle to see how he will control a 50 yard fizzer.

The one thing we are seeing up front is a better ball retention and control - the Gana goal and Rooney chance was evidence of this.

Second biggest highlight of the game for me. The second goal being top.

Pleasantly surprised would be an understatement from me. Made up we've finally replaced Martyn,and he could be even better, potentially up there with Nev. I was only expecting a slight upgrade on Joel.

He is without doubt the real deal, I have never in my life seen a keeper who's distribution is even half as good as Pickford

The really pleasing thing for me is that he has been a spectaor for the most part but can then pull of a world class save

Definitely. He doesn't just hoof the ball either. He puts some drive behind it so it gets to his man quickly. Great technique.

Must be a nightmare for keepers when your area has around 15 or so players in or around it for a majority of the game, you see everything late and hardly anytime to get yourself set and react, he did a brilliant job given the amount of pressure he would have felt under and only a kid, what a great prospect we have.

Based on that one goal or based other things too???

Based on the fact he's only small for a keeper. Watch- I bet you he gets beaten long range wuite a lot.

I'm not knocking the lad, made up with him so far but all keepers have an achillea heel and that will be his.

I don't think any keeper would have got that tbf. The balls are that round and light now the movement is unpredictable if you smash it leaving the keeper with little chance not to guess.

This.

It was a quality strike.

Saved 2 pens he's faced for us. How people are writing him off, I have no idea.

Kept us in the comp imo.