IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

This.

It was a quality strike.

Saved 2 pens he's faced for us. How people are writing him off, I have no idea.

Kept us in the comp imo.

Not sure if you think it's me writing him off- but if it is, I'm not, I'm just saying I think his weak pointbwill be long range shots.

The shot that beat him took a deflection off Baines, gave it the swerve that put it past him, I have no worries with him. First time since Martyn I've trusted the keeper.

Are we sure that was a deflection? I've watched it over and over and tried to see it hit Baines and I just don't think it did.

That said, I both agree with Paddock and everyone else here. I am fully confident with him in goal, and I doubt any keeper in the world could've gotten to that shot with its movement and pace, but I think he might occasionally concede a goal that's fired at the top netting or near the top corner. Those are concessions I'm willing to make given how good he is at everything else.

I was more impressed with his save in the first half. He's 6'1" which isn't small, and to get down to the ground from such a short range shot was incredible - more impressive than the penalty save for me

Agreed. I think that ball may have been deflected a touch as well. That was an incredible save and will likely be underrated.

Are we sure that was a deflection? I've watched it over and over and tried to see it hit Baines and I just don't think it did.

That said, I both agree with Paddock and everyone else here. I am fully confident with him in goal, and I doubt any keeper in the world could've gotten to that shot with its movement and pace, but I think he might occasionally concede a goal that's fired at the top netting or near the top corner. Those are concessions I'm willing to make given how good he is at everything else.

If he were a few inches taller he would not be quite as quick most likely so there are pros and cons.

If he were a few inches taller he would not be quite as quick most likely so there are pros and cons.

Knew I remembered a "short" 'keeper at Ipswich who was brilliant, googled and found this...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/20/in-praise-of-shorter-goalkeepers-david-ospina-arsenal

"...the record for the most penalty saves in a season is still held by the relatively diminutive Paul Cooper of Ipswich Town, who stopped eight out of 10 penalties during the 1979-80 season, despite being only 5ft 11in."

Based on the fact he's only small for a keeper. Watch- I bet you he gets beaten long range wuite a lot.

I'm not knocking the lad, made up with him so far but all keepers have an achillea heel and that will be his.

Ai I know your not. I was just wondering why...if you'd seen something before, heard something, or just...something!

Pickford is top quality already. Give him another two seasons in the prem and if he stays injury free and he will be challenging the best keepers in the world. Him and Keane could be commanding our defence for another ten years. His kicking was a bit poor against city only because the centre backs kept giving it to him on his right side