IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Just now, MikeO said:

Presumably heading north M5? If so you were about a mile from my place at one point; you should've stopped for a brew, I'm cheaper than motorway services:D.

Very generous (the services seem to sting me every weekend!)

I was clearing out from my headquarters at work, final day, im usually detatached in portsmouth so i actually stayed last night in Newquay and drove from there to Pompey, then Pompey to Lancs. Tell you what I'll need something stronger than a brew tonight! 

23 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Very generous (the services seem to sting me every weekend!)

I was clearing out from my headquarters at work, final day, im usually detatached in portsmouth so i actually stayed last night in Newquay and drove from there to Pompey, then Pompey to Lancs. Tell you what I'll need something stronger than a brew tonight! 

After that journey I'm sure you do!

Phil McNulty...

"Southgate had planned to use Stoke's Jack Butland in these friendlies before a broken finger sidelined him - opening the door for Pickford.

And how the 23-year-old took his chance, producing an outstanding display of such confidence and assuredness that he has now surely given Southgate food for thought.

Pickford was alert from the first minute, reacting quickly to clear a poor back-pass from Harry Maguire, then further distinguished himself with fine saves low to his left and right from Werner.

He commanded his area and also gave England an extra dimension with his superb distribution. It was a very good night for Pickford, who looked right at home on the international stage against the World Cup holders."

Well played lad!

52 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Phil McNulty...

"Southgate had planned to use Stoke's Jack Butland in these friendlies before a broken finger sidelined him - opening the door for Pickford.

And how the 23-year-old took his chance, producing an outstanding display of such confidence and assuredness that he has now surely given Southgate food for thought.

Pickford was alert from the first minute, reacting quickly to clear a poor back-pass from Harry Maguire, then further distinguished himself with fine saves low to his left and right from Werner.

He commanded his area and also gave England an extra dimension with his superb distribution. It was a very good night for Pickford, who looked right at home on the international stage against the World Cup holders."

Well played lad!

We just need Keane to get a game and not look shit and we'll be rating our squad quite good

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Being in the police, I'm sure you've got more colourful language than that. Come on, blue, embrace it!

I'll have you know that the MET's  auxiliary flower arranging corps take a dim view regarding outbreaks of "Potty Mouthing". :shakingfist:

You bunch of cock licking, pussio's.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bit disingenuous on Gordon West's decision not to go to Mexico in 1970...

"Fans respected that decision, but were left to wonder just what might have been had big Gordon been the man to replace Banks rather than Peter Bonetti for a Leon quarter-final against West Germany after Banks had been laid low by food poisoning."

Bonetti was always number two to Banks and was would certainly have been picked even if Westy had been there.

Probably going to be really unpopular this but I would drop him and give Robles a run of games- I think Pickford is part of the problem if I’m being honest- he parrys too many shots out, his kids ckings all over the place atm and his punching is erratic.

Just to make it clear- he’ll be a top keeper but I think he’s part of the problem- I really do.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Probably going to be really unpopular this but I would drop him and give Robles a run of games- I think Pickford is part of the problem if I’m being honest- he parrys too many shots out, his kids ckings all over the place atm and his punching is erratic.

Just to make it clear- he’ll be a top keeper but I think he’s part of the problem- I really do.

I think Pickford will be a top keeper. I also think he's been, for the majority, good this season. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of finished article yet though. He cost us two goals on Saturday for my liking. They weren't all down to just him but for both goals he was poor. He's actually made a few mistakes this season but he certainly isn't the problem. We are clinging on to the hope that at least we did some good business in the summer...............

On 20/11/2017 at 16:45, Paddock said:

That is the strangest post of the season. Pickford is arguably the player of the season so far. Sometimes I think he should hold onto it for longer but at least he has some attacking intent. His punching has been pretty good IMO as well. 

I would hate to think how many more we would concede with Joel or Stek involved! 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:45, Paddock said:

I'd have no problem with this at all. Joel is a good keeper, and Pickford needs a break. He's played virtually every game all season - and recently with the England squad. It shouldn't be viewed as punishment, though, as Koeman, very unwisely, made it for Joel last season; just a break for Pickford to recharge a bit.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

That is the strangest post of the season. Pickford is arguably the player of the season so far. Sometimes I think he should hold onto it for longer but at least he has some attacking intent. His punching has been pretty good IMO as well. 

I would hate to think how many more we would concede with Joel or Stek involved! 

It’s not strange in the slightest Baily- he wasn’t at his best Saturday, he parries too much and his punching and distribution are poor atm- the lad needs taking out imo.

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It’s not strange in the slightest Baily- he wasn’t at his best Saturday, he parries too much and his punching and distribution are poor atm- the lad needs taking out imo.

Same for me. I’m also wondering about his ability to organise a defence 

Just now, Matt said:

Same for me. I’m also wondering about his ability to organise a defence 

Yep- I think he’s a part of why we are all over the place. I’m not knocking the lad, I think he’ll be a great keeper but I have my doubts as to whether he should be our first choice atm.