IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

You are all fucking mad!

I’m with Bailey. He has made a few mistakes granted.

but what about the saves h has made to keep us in games? I don’t see any of our two other keepers making those saves.

i don’t see any of our other keepers being able to come and collect crosses like he does.

his distribution has been poor at times, but spectacular at others. I wouldn’t want to see him dropped as I would be worried what could happen.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

You are all fucking mad!

Nope- you just see it different- MC is right- he makes fancy saves but his basics are poor. He never holds on to shots he parries the ball out a lot. Look how many goals we’ve conceded to him making a save but pushing the ball into an area where it’s been turned in by an opposition player.

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The poor lad must think he's back at Sunderland with the amount of shots he's taking!

Exactly. It’s ok pointing out his mistakes, but you need to recognise the good too.

the their two are prone to mistakes, but can’t catch a ball and don’t really make many saves either.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Nope- you just see it different- MC is right- he makes fancy saves but his basics are poor. He never holds on to shots he parries the ball out a lot. Look how many goals we’ve conceded to him making a save but pushing the ball into an area where it’s been turned in by an opposition player.

Just made a note in my diary...

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

He has the most assists in the Premier League over the past 18 months 

• 1 month later...

His shot stopping ability is certainly there, needs to work on his kicking like some others say, but we all know he is more than capable of distributing the ball in a class manor, just needs to work on the consistency of his delivery. 

He is also very good at sweeping up. Very quick off his line and his decision making will improve over the next few seasons

Also merry Xmas all! Hope we are all enjoying our holidays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wince at Pickford's handling. 

Don't get me wrong I rate the lad and his shot stopping and sweeping up is fantastic. His judgment and determination is fantastic but he needs to improve on not dropping the ball so easily and not pushing the ball back out into danger zones. 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his young age and I can see him improving more and more as the years go on. England's future number 1 - maybe the not too distant future too, in my eyes he is more of a winner than the his current competition for the spot.